Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2007, 01:59   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
did you get the tyres replaced from Michelin??
Yup the dealer got the replacement and the full amount i paid was refunded to me .
Old 11th February 2008, 19:05   #92
BHPian

Upgraded by Laura Ambinente to 17" 225/45 Yokohama S Drives..lovely tyres with great grip and braking , med noise athough do a a slight wobbling on expansion joints in the road..have to get them checked out again but 17" is not bad at all in terms of damping bumps etc.
I recommend SAIFEE in Santacruz..btw LAURA is 112 PCD and NOT 100...Fabia & Octavia ate 100 PCD..so pls be careful...
Old 29th July 2010, 00:08   #93
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Since it was time to change tyres on my Skoda Laura L&K, I changed it from OEM Bridgestone ER300 205/55 R16 to Michelin PS3 225/50 R16.. Actually went there for PP2 or S-drive but after talking to Jitesh and reading abhinav's thread I zeroed on PS3.

I will try to post a detail review once I have driven it for couple of KM.

Got it done at BK Tyres since I had heard alot about that place here.. and from next time onwards thats gonna be my one stop tyre shop..

PS: Also saw original 22" Kahn Alloy for RR Sports shodded with Pirelli P Zero Scorpion There
Old 24th September 2010, 12:15   #94
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Will be posting the below details on Laura Tyres thread as well, posting here as it may be relavent here too.

Skoda Laura
Standard Stock Size - 205/55/R16

0-44K kms - Michelin MXV8 - Upsized to 205/60/R16- Good Fuel Economy - Decent comfort - Good Life - Not Sporty, Expensive

44k-78K - Yokohama S-Drive - Stock Size 205/55/R16 - Best Looks, Average Comfort - Decent Life for Sporty tyres - Fun to Drive - Good Value for Money.

78K on wards - 225/55/R16 - Beyond the recommended upsize size of 225/50/R16 - Very High on comfort - Good Grip - Too early to tell on fuel economy - Very quite - Decent Value (better than michiline) but not cheap - Average looks - but super wide size for a Laura with high profile as well - size used in E-Class, A6 as Stock.

The key point here is that I had always wanted a wide profile and though I loved the S-Drives they were too harsh for my back, and this time I wished to go for something with more comfort without dropping too much on sportyness, and this was possible only by sticking to profile with increase in width.

I got the dealer to agree to let me try out with one of these tyres in the front and then later with the same tyre in the back (with a passenger)- a short 2 km drive over potholed roads with many speed breakers, and on finding that the body did not touch in all these cases, went on to have all 4 changed. The Deal was that if they touched the body then I would go for 215/55/R16 - a size that Skoda and Yokohama both recommend but which did not satisfy me.

There is a risk in going in for a Larger tyre (high width and high profile) but if select premium cars with decent power it can make sense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks