Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2008, 11:50   #46
BHPian

hi all... i recently replaced my alto stock tyres with xm1's...
and have completed just 1200kms with em.....

last week, 3 of my new xm1's got punctured... in all 5 punctures and one leakage valve.... 2 punctures were on the side walls...

the air pressure was maintained properly.. and it was mainly city driving...
while repairing the punctures... the tyrewalla had found small nails.. not huge one's in two of the five punctures... he repaired them all and now there are the bits of the sealant coming out from five places on the tyres... so annoying...

what can be the possible reason behind this... and what should i do now?
i was planning a long trip by car.. but now i'm not too sure about the reliability of the tyres..! i'm somehow not convinced with the tubeless tyre repair process...!

i understand that it can be sheer co-incidence.. but still!
I hope you can guess my response when i saw 3 of the four tyres punctured on a new car with new tyres.. which have hardly crossed a thousand kms..!
Old 28th March 2008, 23:52   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
last week, 3 of my new xm1's got punctured... in all 5 punctures and one leakage valve.... 2 punctures were on the side walls...
my god,,Never heard of that much punctures ever on new tyres.. dude, you have my sympathy :(
Old 29th March 2008, 00:28   #48
BHPian

Cyclops. There is a small chance of the tyres being defective. I hope you bought them with the warranty. Go back to the dealer and tell him what happened. The tyres with nails wont be covered but the other ones should be replaced under warranty free of cost.
Old 30th March 2008, 21:17   #49
BHPian

Where can I get Michelin XM1+ at a good price in Delhi/Noida in exchange for my stock tyres?
Old 30th March 2008, 21:58   #50
BHPian

use your warranty,

I have noted from MICHELIN website that only XM1 has tyres in 13", whereas XM1+ is for 14" & 15"
Old 30th March 2008, 22:17   #51
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
hi all... i recently replaced my alto stock tyres with xm1's... and have completed just 1200kms with em.....

the air pressure was maintained properly.. and it was mainly city driving...
while repairing the punctures... the tyrewalla had found small nails.. not huge one's in two of the five punctures...
Very unusual, especially if you had maintained tyre pressures properly. And just how did you manage to get your side walls punctured? Did you go roughly into a pothole full of nails and hit your sidewalls as well? Other than something of this nature, I have to say that foul play cannot be ruled out in this case.

Edit: Did you drive on roads where repair work/construction was going on? These guys scatter all kinds of rubbish on the road, including nails/screws, etc. and punctures are possible. Whenever construction or road repairs are going on, I try to avoid that route if possible.

Last edited by rks : 30th March 2008 at 22:20.
Old 2nd April 2008, 22:05   #52
BHPian

Never heard of something like this .

Instead of tyre problem I sense somebody's human act behind this.

Of course use your warranty
Old 27th April 2008, 22:36   #53
BHPian

Are Michelin XM1+ tyres available in india are made in china? I am planning to buy 185/60/R14 XM1+ tyres for my Accent CRDI (upsize) but the tyres I saw were made in China. Are they safe? please advice
Old 28th April 2008, 01:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

Are they with B&W?? If it's XM1+, it should be made in Thailand not China.

Can you give me the size you're looking to buy? Maybe I could dig up some info.
Old 28th April 2008, 01:47   #55
Senior - BHPian

i got xm1+ recently. if someone told me how to, i can check. is it marked on the tyres ?
Old 28th April 2008, 02:07   #56
Senior - BHPian

On the sidewall ther will be an embossed stamping saying "Made in XXXXXXX". Check that & tell us what it says on your tyres.
Old 28th April 2008, 08:51   #57
BHPian

hi! Ishan, Nowadays Michelin is coming from China. A friend recently purchased Energy XM1+ for his swift and they were made in china. Purchased with the bill and the warranty from an authorized Michelin dealer.
Old 28th April 2008, 08:58   #58
BHPian

It was not in B&W. The complete tyre was in black. The size iam looking for is 185/60/R14 XM1+ . This dealer imports these tyres from Delhi. I was infact searching for the manufacture date. Thats when I found they were made in China. The dealer is a well known in chennai "LAL Enterprises" Gopalapuram. I need to buy these tyres within a day as I am planning for a long trip to Munnar this weekend. Can I buy these tyres? or can you suggest any other shop in Chennai?
Old 28th April 2008, 11:37   #59
Senior - BHPian

Luke I think Lal is an authorized dealer for Michelins and quite known as well. Should be ok.

I got my tyres from 'tyrestore'. Its on greams road

Posted the details in another thread, you can have a look

pics: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/805321-post75.html
shop details: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/805344-post78.html
contact no: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/805373-post79.html

@iraghava,

thanks for all your help via pm.Sadly the dealer said pp2 is out of stock and wasnt able to arrange the same either saying it was not available even with michelin and wont be there for a month or so till they get their next batch
Old 28th April 2008, 11:45   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC12 View Post
I have noted from MICHELIN website that only XM1 has tyres in 13", whereas XM1+ is for 14" & 15"
This is not true. I have one of 13", which is a XM1 plus.
What happened was, when i went to change my all five, they had only four. So went and picked up fifth one when he had it in stock after about a week. Now last week, when i had a puncture, i noticed the fifth one is a xm1+ and yes it is a 175/70R13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks