Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

View Poll Results: rims...which ones
indian 153 35.17%
imported 282 64.83%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2005, 14:49   #31
BHPian

I am for imported wheels only. This is because they come with safety certifications like TUV, ABE, JML etc. We are also supplied with the center rings for the wheels. Most importantly these wheels comes with perfect PCDs and Center Bore. Eg. In Germany it is a must that the manufacturers acquire these safety standard certifications.

According to me fixing a low quality wheel to a high cost car does not seem sensible just because these wheels are cheaper.
Old 21st February 2005, 23:23   #32
BHPian

Holla

neos i gues they the best!!!!!!!!!11
Old 12th May 2005, 14:37   #33
BHPian

I would go for Indian made (reliable brands like Aura, Neo)..since you get warranty etc as well as being sure about it being a good product....
Old 27th May 2005, 20:08   #34
BHPian

I guess I would go in for Neo All Chrome wheels.. they're really good..and atleast we have the option of Single Alloy Replacement in the future,if anything goes wrong.. and the the ever worsening conditions of Mumbai roads every monsoon,who knows where we can get a single same design imported replacement !
Suraj
Old 28th May 2005, 20:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

i'm all for imported rims.
Old 9th June 2005, 12:34   #36
BHPian

Indian rims lagao aur showpati hatao

http://www.neowheels.com/press.html

Jags and Cadillacs use Neo Wheels!

Aura is TUV certified like any other foriegn producer.
Old 9th June 2005, 12:39   #37
BHPian

I am sure some of you know for those who dont...
Check out the neo and auro sites... you can do a virtual tryout of thier designs on your car...
http://www.neowheels.com
http://www.auraalloywheels.com
Old 13th June 2005, 18:24   #38
BHPian

Hey All..
Was going through this post - Can experienced people start collating information about the prevailing brands, prices, dealerships - pros & cons - not only for the rims - but for other most sought after accessories - a city wise, accessory wise excel sheet would be perfect..

just a wish
Old 13th June 2005, 20:32   #39
BHPian

i personally think that indian alloys are better because one can get a proper warranty/gurantee that is the main concern....although i have not heard of too many complains about imported alloys..plus the indian designs are not that competetive...thats a downside
Old 24th June 2005, 02:59   #40
BHPian

Did any member have a bad experience with alloys ?
Or are u aware of your friend / friend's friend / anyone else whose alloy wheels cracked or gave some major trouble ?
If not, warranty is probably not an issue.
Old 24th June 2005, 08:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

hey bike freak if an alloy carcks or breaks because of an accident then the warranty doesn not hold good.the warranty is actually incase it is defected in terms of its finish.you could drive fast over and open gutter and one of your wheels can crack so i dont think its warrantied against crackin as i said before its basicaaly againt the finish and quality.

Rev
Old 25th June 2005, 08:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

I will go with Indian just because they are ummm... India. the quality is the same too and prices and service are easy .

these days I am in Canada and they usually buy Canadian. Americans usually by American .Then why should we not buy Indian when it is of good quality and cheap.

I dont intend to hurt anybody's emotions here but I am plain patriotic here.
Old 26th June 2005, 00:15   #43
BHPian

Indian rims coz of the warranty available and also if one breaks I can just get another one which is not possible with the imported ones. Plus nowadays, the designs available in the Indian rims are getting better and better!
Old 26th June 2005, 00:55   #44
BHPian

I had a set of neo's on my esteem a few years ago.Two had cracked in an accident.Surprisingly the same people who said I would get full Indian warranty and service were nowhere to be seen.I didn'nt ask for a warranty replacement because I knew it was due to the impact and no fault of the manucaturer.But the manufacturer was liable to get me two pieces when I wanted them.They just shook their heads and shuffled their feet.I was so disgusted,I dumped the whole lot and ran the car on stock rims till I sold it.I bought OE GLX alloys for my Accent CRDi knowing that I would get a single piece if needed.I wasn'nt very excited about it's looks,just because it was practical an I got them cheap.That's no thanks to the manufacturer,just that the wheels have Hyundai part numbers and will be available for a long time to come.My advice?Go all out and buy Imported wheels anyway...
Old 27th June 2005, 16:28   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi
I sold it.I bought OE GLX alloys for my Accent CRDi ...
So your CRDi is now running 14"?.I am looking at upgrading my tyres to 14".Did u face any probs?

Most Viewed