imported 282 64.83%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2007, 12:37   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
My dear friend,

I feel that you havent tasted good mangoes in your life. Thats why you are telling 'even alphonso mangoes' come to tvpm i will arrange 'kottukonam ' mangoes for you. Dear friend you will never ever tell 'even alphonso' but may be even 'kottukonam' thereafter. We used to get more than 10000 in a season.

'salem' is also a good variety of mango.

In andhra also you get good varieties of mangoes.
Talk about alloys buddy !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
But i noticed a tendancy in this thread that many bhpians are telling eveything manufactured abroad is good, i dont think it is good for our country.
Not everyone says so. I concur with bigman :
"Neo and Aura must be doing something right if they have won orders from a few car majors."
Old 13th April 2007, 19:48   #122
BHPian

Could someone here please provide the website link to the Plati brand alloy wheels please.

Thanks.
Old 13th April 2007, 21:32   #123
Senior - BHPian

How much do imported mangoes cost?
Old 9th May 2007, 19:02   #124
BHPian

Plati

I have seen plati they have very good designs and also offering warranty card by Co...

let me know your thoughts....
Old 18th May 2007, 20:14   #125

thats a good choice sticking on to 14 or 15 would be the best option for indian road conditions it would be stil better to stik to 14 inches with 195/60r14 tyres which will take our road condition well it would be also good to chose a single pcd imported alloy wheel for the lancer .imported will be really good on the car what colour is your car and choose weels as to the colour of your car
enjoy great driving exp
Old 20th May 2007, 10:12   #126

there is no web link to plati brand of alloy wheels as of now any information you can contact your nearest dealer
Old 20th May 2007, 10:18   #127

plati really have very good designs in their offer and all thir wheels come with a waranty card the waranty cover is only for manufacturing defect and they are very very rare all problems that we come across in alloy wheels are breakage on impact
Old 20th May 2007, 12:15   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlsreenivasan View Post
plati really have very good designs in their offer and all thir wheels come with a waranty card the waranty cover is only for manufacturing defect and they are very very rare all problems that we come across in alloy wheels are breakage on impact
you should ask themag. he had a set of plati's and one of them did have a defect. they were chrome and one of them turned pale and the finish became really rough.

He knew the guy who he got the alloys from thats why he was able to get them replaced else I dont think it would have been that easy.
Old 23rd May 2007, 23:03   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
hey guys help me decide on rims for my lancer....firstly

indian or imported...

and then which co...??
hey buddy, go ahead and put on imported alloy wheels to give stunning look for your lancer. first choice is Hijoin(HR) orelse go for League or Plati make....all these basically taiwan makes. if you holding a base model of lancer upgrade your wheels to 14" alloys and tyres....all the very best dude.
Old 13th June 2007, 15:05   #130

wheels and tyres are what keeps your car planted on the road. ASAIMC - no compromise - do NOT buy cheap wheels and tyres just so that the car looks good. Get the correct size and widths - make sure the offset is well within tolerance. Your handling characteristics of your car will change dramatically if caught in an emergency situation if you got the wrong sizes etc.

better to go lightweight if you are planning to swap wheels. Upsizing is not always good but a +1 upgrade is ok. Do not swap 14s for 19's you are going to mess your suspensions and drivechain in the long run.
Old 8th August 2007, 23:21   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSPEED View Post
Hi,

FYI - Worlds first AIR INSIDE TECHNOLOGY wheels from BBS .

The 10.5 X 22 is only 16.7KG Will post the cut view later.

Regards,
PJ
Here is the pic of the wheel.....

Regards,
PJ
Old 13th August 2007, 09:59   #132
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have finally ordered for Neo wheels after doing some serious enquiry in the market on League, HR, Plati & Aura.

I liked the designs offered by League, HR, PLati and found League much decent in appeal, quality.

So, I have closed on to League ( Model LG-160 , 7spoke) & Neo (Model Dozen SM, 12 spoke), but when the dealer has put thE ALLOYS near the car to get the appeal , Neo's Dozen model was just perfect elegant and neat.

And so I have decided to close in on Neo, well considering IKON has 108 PCD and also League has multi PCD for its models which means that, one need s to fit the wheels amongst those set, need to vey sure on having correct fit.

Mind that over the long run the breaings may screwed.

Neo on the other hand offers perfect match for IKON.Also have got to understand that there are not many models in 108 PCD as compared to 100 PCD.

Neo has decided to stop its popular model dozen 12 spoke for 108 PCD, However , I was lucky enough to have 1 set of 5 wheels still with the co. and they have agreed to sell it me and assured of quality.

Well , considering my normal city driving I wanted to close in on Neo's.

Wheels would be fitted one the dealer receive it toward 15th Aug and I should get it done over this weekend.

I heelp points about what need to done , Should I have the wheels aligment done and wheel balancing done as I am having the alloys fitted?

Wanted to understand details of wht wheel balancing and alingment is all abt?
Old 13th August 2007, 13:23   #133
BHPian

Does any brand has alloys for amby other than aura ?
Old 18th August 2007, 15:19   #134
BHPian

Hi guys, Please suggest a good set of rims for my Honda CR-V bought recently...and where to buy in Delhi.

appreciate the effort
Old 19th August 2007, 11:50   #135
BHPian

wat is the use of alloy wheels is it just for looks or does perfomance too increases in that,
please help me in it , i am new in it

Most Viewed