and then which co...??
Old 19th December 2004, 23:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

indian .
as u can get warranty on indian rims.
Old 20th December 2004, 04:51   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hey Revtech,

Indian wheels have the slight edge in the fact that you get a warranty and you know its from a reputed manufacturer (also if one gets damaged, getting another one is easy).

However, theres one big problem. The indian alloys just dont seem to have any designs i like.. hence i picked up a set of 5 imported ones.

Prices work out pretty similar...... so in the end its totally upto you as neither one has any huge advantages.

cya
R
Old 20th December 2004, 10:41   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just like the tyres on all my cars....so too, the rims HAVE TO be imported.

GTO
Old 20th December 2004, 11:00   #5
bhp
BHPian

i think imported just works fine and i havent had any problem with mine atleast and the indian s lack designs and the finishing touch .
Old 20th December 2004, 11:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Depends on the kind of roads you would be driving on. If its mostly pothole free roads, then go for imported ones. But if its roads like my bannerghatta road (i am told its craters are visible from the moon), then go for indian made only. As rehan said, getting another one is easy.
Someone had mentioned that in case of imported rims, its hard to get a single rim. So if one rim cracks, you will have to go for the complete set.
Old 20th December 2004, 14:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

yeah amitoj

tht was me who said tht
i was lookin out for rims n the guy told me tht if u hav and imported one n one of them gets damaged or summin then it will be a bit tough to get another one of the same type and also thr no certainity whether they will continue importin rims from tht company.....so i was confused and as eve 1 ritely said....
indian rims dont hav a very good choice....so hmmmmmmm

still confused...i saw neo which is like v v pop all over (in the indian section) n i also saw a few ones by league (imported) which looked pretty good i liked one of the designs .....so im still stuck in tht same confused place.....dunno wht to do.....!!!!!
Old 20th December 2004, 15:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

Imported !! simply becoz u get more variety and besides damaging the rims depends more on the way u drive rather than the roads u drive on. i mean roads do contribute , but not to the extent the driving style does to damaging the rims !!

besides imported ones are tough enuff to withstand the roads india has to offer.

cheers
Old 20th December 2004, 23:58   #9
BHPian

Dude ,definately imported they heve better choice better finish.i have a set of 16" on my baleno planning to upgrade to 17". Pm me if intrested in the 16".
Old 21st December 2004, 19:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

no dude i dont think id want 16 inchers.....indian roads are to bad ....i know they look kool n allll........but not meant for a place like this...
i think ill stick to 15 or may be 14.....
Old 21st December 2004, 22:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Well everyone here has mentioned the trade-offs... imported ones are better in design terms, but warranty is lacking and getting a single rim of the same one is quite difficult, if not impossible. The Indian ones don't seem to be really great in design, but i am increasingly seeing a good number of Indian ones that are coming out with decent designs. But warranty is available and so are single rims.

So for you, your priorities should be such IMO. Look for design first. If you get it in an imported variety, look if a similar or similarly good looking one is available in Indian design. If you do, go for the Indian one, if not settle for the imported one.

As NC mentioned, its got more to do with your driving style than the roads alone.

For the Lancer 14 inch rims should suit your car, 185s or 195s should do enough. After that its only grip while your car loses out on performance. Unless you plan to do heavy mods on your car, i.e. more than a K&N and sport exhaust.

Revv
Old 21st December 2004, 22:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

yeah revmaster

def gonna get a sports exhaust .......not too sure bout goin beyond k&n's yet...
i was thinkin of 195/50 R14.....think tht ll be ideal....n i think ill do wht u said...look for a good design n if see if its available in indian...

but what if its not n some how one or my rims gets damaged ....then wht......wht if i dont get a single rim of the same type??
Old 21st December 2004, 22:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
yeah revmaster

def gonna get a sports exhaust .......not too sure bout goin beyond k&n's yet...
i was thinkin of 195/50 R14.....think tht ll be ideal....n i think ill do wht u said...look for a good design n if see if its available in indian...

but what if its not n some how one or my rims gets damaged ....then wht......wht if i dont get a single rim of the same type??
hehe - simple use the stepney .... for that make sure u get 5 alloys and not 4 as i see people do these days !!

cheers
Old 21st December 2004, 22:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

hahahah yeah
but dont u think its imp to hav a spare.....
Old 21st December 2004, 23:38   #15
Senior - BHPian

hey dude ,
stay away from imported ones.it might look cool but they may not be designed for our tough pot- holed conditions.and wat do u do if at all it cracks or it has a flaw.
ur definitely not gonna get a replacement nor are u sure of getting the same design rim.
but in the indian Neo,Aura......,u can get a single rim also.and if there is any problem at all u can get replacement.
and go fora set of 5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks