Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2007, 01:34   #1

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Fiat Siena with 195/55R15 Yokohama S-drive's

hi guys,upgraded the rims and tires on my fiat siena from 175/65R14 to 195/55R15.thanks to aZa,noidaboy,great drive,and 16v100 for their valuable inputs.
RIMS:15"x6.5J HR alloys.
TIRES:
195/55R15 Yokohama S-drives.
Here are some pics.

the car has done 13000kms and i decided to upgrade the rims and tires.i wanted to shift to 15" as the siena looks undertired in 14",though i still wanted to retain ride comfort to some extent so decided against opting for 195/50R15.with positive inputs from greatdrive,hydrashok and 16v100,i decided against 205/50r15 as they touch the wheel arches at the rear under full load.so decided to go for 195/55r15 as they provide comfort,better handling and looks.i found this size to be the best compromise.i bought the tires and rims drom Driven in east of kailash.
RIMS:i was looking for this particular design which had 6 spokes similar to what you see in the nissan skyline,and this design was the closest to it.The rims costed me 16000 for a set of 4.
TIRES:the options in this size were yokohama s-drives and michelin pilot precedas and i opted for the former as they were a newer launch,the yokohama brand name and generally good reviews on the forum.the tires costed me 18000 for a set of 4.so the total damage done was 34k.
the tires have a similar tread pattern to the potenza gIII's and hence have a higer noise level.but the siena's body and damping does well to insulate you.also,due to their inherent design,these tires pick up a lot of small stones which get wedged in the tires tread and leads to tap-tap noise when you are driving-highly irritating as it makes you feel that you have had a puncture.
They are pretty grippy tires.Braking has improved tremendously.the siena rolls a lot but after the tire and rim upgrade,it rolls considerably less.i expected the ride quality to go down,but even now the siena rides really well over bumps,the soft tire compound probably negating the upsize effect.the car corners really well compared to the older bridgestones.
i would really recommend this tire as it offers best of both worlds-ride quality and handling.i still havent driven to their potential so in time it will only get better.
thanks
Old 4th December 2007, 07:21   #2
BHPian

nice upsize man.. are they 98pcd wheels., Or a 100pcd changed to 98pcd.
Old 4th December 2007, 08:56   #3
BHPian

Cool looking Alloys and Tyres, I am sure BodyRoll of your car will reduce considerably with these tyres.
If Possible, Get your Disc callipers and drums painted.
Have fun

GD

Last edited by greatDrive : 4th December 2007 at 08:58.
Old 4th December 2007, 10:12   #4
BHPian

Very nice choice of tyre and rims man.I heard a lot about S drive,they are really good.
Hey about the rims,are they 98 pcd?
Old 4th December 2007, 10:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice set of Alloys and Tyres! Congrats!

I must say you maintain your Car very well, it looks spanking new!
Old 4th December 2007, 13:46   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
Cool looking Alloys and Tyres, I am sure BodyRoll of your car will reduce considerably with these tyres.
If Possible, Get your Disc callipers and drums painted.
Have fun

GD
yes body roll has gone down considerably.yup will do so...probably just the calipers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
Very nice choice of tyre and rims man.I heard a lot about S drive,they are really good.
Hey about the rims,are they 98 pcd?
no they are 100pcd but they fit properly if you use hijoin bolts.i have driven the car upto 140kmph and havent faced any wobbling,tyre imbalance etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Nice set of Alloys and Tyres! Congrats!

I must say you maintain your Car very well, it looks spanking new!
thank you.i appreciate it.and the car is 2 yrs old already.
Old 5th December 2007, 23:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
no they are 100pcd but they fit properly if you use hijoin bolts.i have driven the car upto 140kmph and havent faced any wobbling,tyre imbalance etc.
Great choice of tyres but getting 100 PCD wheels is not a good thing to do. Anyways good luck.
Old 5th December 2007, 23:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
yes body roll has gone down considerably.yup will do so...probably just the calipers.

thank you.i appreciate it.and the car is 2 yrs old already.
Thats strange... I did not know 100 pcd could be plonked on a 98pcd car. I understand its difficult to get good set of 98pcd alloys however - this Does not sound too safe. IMO
Old 5th December 2007, 23:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
I understand its difficult to get good set of 98pcd alloys however - this Does not sound too safe. IMO
Many Palio punters run this combo.There is a method to this madness.

In the hands of the right person and just the precise amount of modding(read shaving) one can minimize most risks.
Old 5th December 2007, 23:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Another one smitten by the S-drives bug.Congratulations mate and drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
In the hands of the right person and just the precise amount of modding(read shaving) one can minimize most risks.
Am with you on that I have seen it being done.
Old 6th December 2007, 00:32   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Many Palio punters run this combo.
saw a lot of international forums,talked to a lot of people in fiat workshops,saw a lot of cars running 100pcd rims,spoke to a lot of tire dealers and found out that this could be done.it actually depends on the width of the alloy where it is in contact with the hb and the bolts.
lets just say,i couldnt find 98pcd rims and this was a calculated risk.if it doesn't work,i can atleast say,"i tried it" rather than going by other people's experiences.lets just say,i like to learn things the hard way.
Old 8th December 2007, 21:30   #12
Senior - BHPian

Oye fundu rims Manyu....congrats.!
Totally changed the look of the car.
Old 9th December 2007, 10:57   #13
aZa
Senior - BHPian

The rims look awesome also the because of profile of the tyres , the arches are full giving a meaner look. Faithless you gotta see it for real re :P

Most Viewed