Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 08:16   #31
BANNED

Re: Repair Alloy - Is it possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
I've fixed a bend to my Alloys as well. This guy does a pretty good job. I drove the car for about 5k before I sold it. I've seen this guy repair alloys that have a portion that has broken off...and its not a hammer and wood block that is used. They use some kind of heat treatment.
This paricular alloy that I got fixed had taken such a beating that it pinched and sheared the tyre at a certain plac. I had to replace the tyre as it was tubeless. That way, steel rims are better. I had two flats in less than a minute. As the second flat was on a stepne which was a steel rim, I found a shop nearby where they used a large hammer to beat the rim back into shape so that it would now hold air for the tubeless tyre.

Lessons learnt
- avoid low profile tyres
- always maintain optimal air pressure
- keep an additional spare wheel during long trips-preferably a steel rimmed one
Thank you very much for this information. last month my Linea alloys scraped through the kerbs and has a dirty gash on Front LHS Alloy. Its a big eyesore to see that daily, let me get in touch with the above guys and check if they can repair it.
Old 31st October 2011, 11:19   #32
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The alloy wheel of my bike (CBR 250) got bent. Is there any recommended place in bangalore where I can repair it?
Did you get the bent alloy wheel repaired at A1 Car Care Centre, Jayanagar, Bangalore? If so, kindly give details like nature of work done, cost, whether repainted after repairs, etc. I have a spare alloy wheel with a slight bend at the edge. I want to get it repaired and use it as spare, if it is feasible.

Old 15th November 2011, 09:11   #33
J.Ravi

Finally, I got the bent alloy wheel repaired satisfactorily at A1 Car Care Centre. My review is here. Details of the work carried out are here.

Old 10th March 2012, 16:38   #34
BHPian

You know as they say, stuff happens. While taking a U turn, the front left scraped the kerb, now the alloy is scuffed over several spokes, a little scrape on the bumper. The wheel looks worse than the bumper though, is there some place in Pune where it can buffed/leveled to even finish and idea of approx cost ? The process involves sanding/grinding , will this cause the structure to weaken ?

Most Viewed