Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 16:11   #1

New alloys and tyres for esteem

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie. ( think that says it all ). I've read a number of posts but i still havent found the answer i was looking for.

So, here is my question. I need to get a new set of tyres and alloys for my esteem. The issue is budgetary constraints.

I'm evaluating Neo wheels, does anyone have any idea if they are any good? and would picking up a set of 4 be better than 5? ( saves me cash ) . I was also told to stick to 13" rims instead of 14" since the ride quality suffers ( not complaining )

I would also like some help regarding the tyres. I dont need anything fancy, just some good quality tyres. From what i've heard MRFis a lot cheaper compared to bridgestone etc...

Would really appreciate any help i can get on these questions from you folks here..

Thanks in advance!!
AJ
Old 22nd January 2008, 17:23   #2
BANNED

anything that look good to your eyes is good so take it . different people have different opinions so if you like neo wheels take them they are nice.
you can stick to 13" or upgrade to 14" but incase of upgrade to 14" you have to put a tyre with lower profile. onething you should keep in mind while upgrading that the overall diameter of the new wheel should be nearly same to that of stock wheels .theres no problem in going for mrfs .
Old 22nd January 2008, 17:29   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, Neo makes some very basic alloys and the design choices are quite limited. I recommend you try either prestige, HR or Plati which would be more or less in the same range. Buying 4 alloys is certainly not foolhardy, even i am using only 4 alloys since last 15 months ( only 1 puncture till date) so no real hassles as such.

MRF are decent tyres and do stick to your stock 13 inchers and you should be ready to rock!
Old 22nd January 2008, 18:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Get 175/70-13 Apollo Acelere on stock rims...

There are many threads on esteem tyres.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/search...archid=2138620
Old 22nd January 2008, 18:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

My first thread on Team-BHP was very similar to this. You can upgrade to 14", the right tyre would be 185/60/14.
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:28   #6

thanks for the info guys, this was really useful. So the consensus is that i should stick to 13" ?

Btw, are the apollo tyres very expensive?

thanks,
AJ
Old 24th January 2008, 13:53   #7

I have another question. Would it be better to go in for a 14" ( does this require modification of the suspension? ) if i do this what would my tyres dimensions be? Also, would this affect my ride quality very much ?

Another question ( i seem to have a lot of those ) would a 14" of the same design cost more than a 13"??
Old 24th January 2008, 20:18   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenrahlin View Post
I have another question. Would it be better to go in for a 14" ( does this require modification of the suspension? ) if i do this what would my tyres dimensions be? Also, would this affect my ride quality very much ?

Another question ( i seem to have a lot of those ) would a 14" of the same design cost more than a 13"??
yes 14" will be costlier than 13". yes you can go for 14" ride quality will not be much affected if you upgrade so that overall dia of new wheel remains same as that of stock.suspension may be needed to adjusted to increase height so that wheels dont rub car body
Old 25th January 2008, 02:17   #9

hmm..esteem is it..i strongly suggest you take a set of black rims..the esteem looks really good with a set of black wheels..and make sure you take wheels that have ONLY 4 MOUNTING BOLTS AND NOT 8....please believe me..it is a safety issue.
Old 25th January 2008, 13:40   #10

Will definitely keep this in mind, i'm presuming that if i upsize to a 14" the tyre i need to buy will also be more expensive than for a 13" rim?

- AJ

Most Viewed