Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 09:52   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Hold on !!! Dont do it in your new car. Talk to the ford dealer before you do any changes...
Thats right, talk to the dealer if you want to upgrade the tyre size since this nulls the suspension warranty ( as told in my case) unless your dealer agrees to provide you the warranty. Pls take a written approval for the same.
If you are just replacing the tyres with the same size then you can simply go ahead, thats what I did when I replaced my stock MRF with Michelin energy XM1+.
Old 18th August 2010, 22:42   #137
BHPian

In my Fiesta 1.6 S i put 205/55/15.The OE size is 195/55/15. Is there any problem in handling?
Its an used Michelin PP2 done 9000 kms perfect condition and got for 12000. I bought it just because pp2 is rarely available in the market.
Old 19th August 2010, 11:01   #138
Senior - BHPian

jerish, there won't be any issue with handling, but frankmehta is running PP2s of this size on his S and he reported scraping at full lock turns. It started happening 6 months after buying the car after the car went for some steering column work if i remember. Check if there is scraping at full lock. The ideal size would be 205/50/R15.
Old 20th August 2010, 05:37   #139
BHPian

Thanks Gilead for the answer.
I have no problem of scraping.It has space so no issues.
Only thing is not low profile.
Old 25th August 2010, 21:35   #140
BHPian

Hi I'm looking for an upgrade to my fiesta's stock tyres. I've done about 30K and my driving style has shifted from being sedate to spirited(you can blame the car for that ).

I'm also using the car a lot more for longer highway drives and lesser city driving (My everyday commute is a bicycle). I'm planning a 4000+ Km drive in November.

So I've decided to go in for a good performance tyres mainly keeping in mind longer high speed drives and safety. I want to keep my stock 14" steel rims. What options do I have?

Based on forum reviews I'm thinking of getting Michelin PP2s. The Neovas and S drives don't seem to be available for 14" rims. I checked with the hyderabad dealers mentioned in the team-bhp directory but they don't seem to have the 185/60R14 size that is mentioned on the manufacturers website.

Can anyone point me to where I can get that size from in Hyderabad. Also are there other options to consider?
Old 26th August 2010, 09:34   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuch View Post
Hi I'm looking for an upgrade to my fiesta's stock tyres. I've done about 30K and my driving style has shifted from being sedate to spirited(you can blame the car for that ).
So I've decided to go in for a good performance tyres mainly keeping in mind longer high speed drives and safety. I want to keep my stock 14" steel rims. What options do I have?
Totally agree regarding switch form sedate to spiritied on the Fiesta.

Have you checked the Michelin Energy XM1+, its a good option for the tyre size you have mentioned.

I hope you have checked with the authorized Michelin dealer in H'bad, if they dont have in stock they can arrange for the same.
Old 26th August 2010, 11:06   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuch View Post

I'm also using the car a lot more for longer highway drives and lesser city driving (My everyday commute is a bicycle). I'm planning a 4000+ Km drive in November.

Based on forum reviews I'm thinking of getting Michelin PP2s. The Neovas and S drives don't seem to be available for 14" rims. I checked with the hyderabad dealers mentioned in the team-bhp directory but they don't seem to have the 185/60R14 size that is mentioned on the manufacturers website.
Your options

185/65-14
Michelin XM1
Yokohama A drives
Apollo Aceleres

195/60-14
Bridgestone Turanza ER60
Yokohama A drive
Apollo Aceleres
Michelin XM1
Yokohama Advan Neovas
Old 26th August 2010, 22:10   #143
BHPian

Thanks Prajesh for the expert reply! I checked with 4-5 dealers in Hyderabad today and no one seems to have the neovas and especially the size that I'm looking for.

Interesting thing is that they all seem to call up somebody to find out what sizes are available and what price. I went to 2 dealers back to back when the second guy called up to find out he got a 'Not Available' immediately. My suspicion is they all have a common source maybe the Yoko dealer here.

Anyway now if I take out AD07s from the equation all other tyres seem to be comfort oriented. It's sad the PP2s are discontinued.

Out of the other tyres you've mentioned which ones would be better at performance?

Also how about Continental? Will there be something that can work for me?

Thanks
Manu
Old 30th August 2010, 14:34   #144
BHPian

A couple of days of driving around in monsoon affected Hyderabad roads(some of them can't even be called roads anymore ) made me change my mind about getting higher performance tyres.

So I was looking for something more comfort oriented and yet giving me a decent grip. After spending hours going through the various tyre related forums I settled for the Turanza ER60s.

Since I've been living with the MRFs for 30K kilometers any upgrade was going to be good but seriously the difference in ride is just amazing. I've just had 100 kilometers with the new tyres but I'm all excited about my car and heading out all over again
Old 26th September 2010, 13:59   #145
BHPian

My fiesta has run about 85k Kms. The last 40 were run on Bridgestone Turanza 175/65 R14. Now they are old and main reason for me to think about changing them is increased road noise and steering vibration. Have tried balancing and alignment few times but has not helped much as there is vibration at high speeds and under braking.

Bridgestones offered excellent grip in all conditions (dry, wet and bad roads). Mileage has stayed between 11-15 on city and highway drives. When the tires were new they gripped like glue to the road and lane changing and cornering was awesome to experience. But not any more as they have become old.

My dilemma is whether to stick to the proven bridgestone tires or go for Michelin XM1+ 185/65. Can someone give advice and pointers to good dealers in Chennai?
Old 4th November 2010, 02:06   #146
Senior - BHPian

all right now that i know every one is so afraid of the voiding of the suspension warranty on the fiesta. Well here is the good news to all regarding this!!!

Now, the news is that in any given case the warranty on Suspension even with ford alloy wheels holds good for only 35000 KMS only.

so now i guess many can atleast let go off this and not make this a big deal. i know the warranty offering on the engine, parts' negotiations may still be nervy with the bigger tyres and aftermarket alloys but then it is nervy even other wise. one has to just fight their way through thats all.

and i stand by the new i say i confirmed this from Mr. RAMANA the current Manager of Fortune Ford Khairatabad/somajiguda branch here in Hyderabad.

i say guys do go for 15" ofcourse with the right offset and sane size tyres. good luck.

Last edited by rider60 : 4th November 2010 at 02:08.
Old 4th November 2010, 02:37   #147
Senior - BHPian

disclaimer to my above post: people are responsible for their choices, i am just passing on the information i got first hand.
Old 13th April 2011, 01:46   #148
BHPian

re: Ford Fiesta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I Bought a Fiesta Tdci that has come shod with 195/55/15 shod on Alloys the tyres are some korean brand starnge name and need replacing as they are almost bald with no tread left. Now having read the the thread this is the standard size on the fiesta 1.6 S. Now my only Options would be

1. 195/55/15
2. 195/60/15

What are the tyres that i can get in theese sizes? Also My Budget is about 20 K Tops for 4 tyres ! The car is going to be driven predominantly in Delhi with just a couple of outstaion trips a year. Also it will never have more then 2 people in it atleast 90% of the times.
Old 26th July 2011, 15:08   #149
BHPian

Anybody used 195/60/15 as against the OE size of 195/55/15 tyre for the Fiesta S. I have been thinking of changing the tyres with 60 profile.

An update or input would certainly help me take a descision on the same early.

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th October 2011, 12:01   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Hi Anarchy

U can either get 185/60-14 or 195/60-14.
---------------------
195/60-14 will give u a speedo error of 1.1% which is within limits. It may also drop the FE by 1kmpl which will depend on the driving style.

Regards
Hi kpzen:

Is it possible to fit 195/60/R14s on the OE alloys that come with the Classic's SXi variant?

I am told 195s will need a min. rim size of 5.5, while the 185s can make do with a min. rim size of 5.

I am not sure of the rim size of the OE alloys on the Classic 1.6 SXi.

Do advise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks