Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2015, 12:40   #376
BANNED

Re: Ford Fiesta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Dear members, sorry for coming in off-topic - my query does not pertain to the Fiesta but I did not know how else to put it up here!

I have a Maruti Eeco (April 2015) with OE tire size 155/65 R13. I would like to upgrade to a larger size tire.
What is the maximum size I can upgrade to safely without changing the original rim or scraping the wheel well?
Would it be safe to use 185/55 R13?
Shall be very obliged for any help on this.
Old 26th June 2015, 16:29   #377
BHPian

Guys need help, which upside do you recommend for the Classic - 185/65/ R14 or 185/60/ R14?
Old 26th June 2015, 16:45   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
Guys need help, which upside do you recommend for the Classic - 185/65/ R14 or 185/60/ R14?
When initially bought car I went straight to 195/60 R14. Now I changed to 185/65/ R14, because Yokohama Earth1 was not available in 195. There is no issue with 185/65, ideally better than 175/65.
RaguHolla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 16:53   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
When initially bought car I went straight to 195/60 R14. Now I changed to 185/65/ R14, because Yokohama Earth1 was not available in 195. There is no issue with 185/65, ideally better than 175/65.
Thank you. Looks like i will settle for that size too
Old 7th August 2015, 17:58   #380
BHPian

My Fiesta Classic has run on stock MRF tires for 5.5 years (~ 45K KM). Currently, there is some wobbling at lower speeds, which goes away once the car gains speed above 60 KMPH.

While I initially thought it to be some suspension issue, one of garages in Kolkata had blamed it on tires and have advised replacement.

Can you suggest which tire make and model I should switch to? I am not really keen on MRFs again, but little inclined to Michelin, Yokohoma or Bridgestone.

My requirements are:
1. Comfortable ride (to make the stiff suspension of Fiesta a little better)
2. Minimum road noise (MRFs make a lot of noise currently)
3. Increased or same fuel efficiency
4. Similar life (~ 45K KM)

I do not corner my car at speeds at all. But, sometime drives at good speed in straight lines. I understood from the forum also that 1 level upsize - 185/65R14 instead of stock 175/65/R14 will not be issue at all.

Which make & model should I go for?

Last edited by mayukh : 7th August 2015 at 18:02.
Old 11th August 2015, 16:26   #381
BHPian

Recently bought new yoko earth 1 tyres in trivandrum from New Bharat tyres on the kovalam bypass. Tyre spec 185/65 R15 for 4840 per tyre.
A change I noticed is that, these tyres are now made in India.
Old 13th August 2015, 18:20   #382
BHPian

I haven't come across anyone buying Aeolus tyres. I went ahead and bought them based on online reviews. I ordered them online and got them installed today. The tires had a manufacturing date of March 2015. I stuck to the stock size, 175 65/R14 with a speed rating of 82H. Drove them around 50 kms and they seem to be fine in terms of road noise and grip. Definitely better than the stock MRF. Here comes the best part, total cost including installation, wheel balancing and alignment was 10800. I chose the Aeolus Precision Ace AH 01 model. Will keep you posted after a couple of thousands kms on them. BTW these are imported from China.

I could have gone for Michelin, but I am sure I would be changing my car in the next year or so, hence settled for these.

Last edited by Chillout : 13th August 2015 at 18:22.
Old 13th August 2015, 19:50   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
My Fiesta Classic has run on stock MRF tires for 5.5 years (~ 45K KM). Currently, there is some wobbling at lower speeds, which goes away once the car gains speed above 60 KMPH.

While I initially thought it to be some suspension issue, one of garages in Kolkata had blamed it on tires and have advised replacement.

Can you suggest which tire make and model I should switch to? I am not really keen on MRFs again, but little inclined to Michelin, Yokohoma or Bridgestone.

My requirements are:
1. Comfortable ride (to make the stiff suspension of Fiesta a little better)
2. Minimum road noise (MRFs make a lot of noise currently)
3. Increased or same fuel efficiency
4. Similar life (~ 45K KM)

I do not corner my car at speeds at all. But, sometime drives at good speed in straight lines. I understood from the forum also that 1 level upsize - 185/65R14 instead of stock 175/65/R14 will not be issue at all.

Which make & model should I go for?
Going by your requirements, the Michelin XM2s are a perfect fit. I've installed them on my Fiesta and Figo, and quite happy with those. I went in for the 185/65/14 profile.

I'm not sure if they will last 45 K, but the Figo has covered 36 K and they still look good for another 10 K. I plan to change them around 42 to 45 K clicks.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 12:39   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
Even my Fiesta 1.6S needs new shoes. The OEM was GoodYear NCT5 195/55/R15.
I finally went ahead with MRF ZSport, at 5k a piece. Have driven 1000+ kms now. The tyre has been on the softer side, much like the Michelin. The ride quality has been fantastic, amazing grip even during rain, as has been experienced during Pune Mumbai runs. The noise level has been decent and at par with the GoodYear I had earlier. Overall I am happy and satisfied with the ZSport. Got them fitted at Kings Tyres, Viman Nagar, Pune. The only negative is that due to the unusual tread pattern, it catches a lot of small stones; once a week you have to take efforts to remove them.

MRF ZSport - 205/ 55 / R15 88H TL - http://www.mrftyres.com/products/tyres/zsport
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_6611.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_6617.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_6619.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_6625.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_6627.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_6643.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_6651.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_6652.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_6653.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-p1210660.jpg  

streetfighter is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 16:26   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordDodo View Post
Finally the issue is now resolved!

Thanks WasavaTyres, I called up the Goodyear helpline, by EoD, a service engineer called up and booked appointment to inspect the tyres. The location chosen was Metro Ford A.S.S

The car was lifted up, he rotated the tyres and the bulges were clearly visible on four tyres. He immediately prepared a report of the issue and mentioned in the report to replace the tyres on pro rata basis ie for the new set I need to pay around 50% of the cost as half life of the tyres were over. He suggested me to replace the tyres in Ford A.S.S itself. But I told him that I wasnt keen on replacing with GoodYear tyres. Told him that I would like to replace with Michelin XM2s or Earch-1s, at Madhus Enterprises.

He promptly agreed to it and got the tyres replaced with 185/165 R14 Earth-1s at Madhus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
I changed the pressure to 30 all around, the ride has improved much. The car was back from service and alignment, the pressure was set to 37! That had made the ride even worse.
So, now after setting to 30psi, ride is pretty much sorted.

Recommended pressure for Classic is 36(front), 41(Rear). Also being using my Classic majorly on highways I always stick to the same, and sometimes +1 units in all tyres (37 and 42 respectively). I must say, the handling, grip, cornering, so far so good.

Some cons I have experienced till date are high noise level post 100kmph and some times minor vibrations too.
FYI - I use the stock Goodyear tyres.

So can someone help what all differences I could feel if I change all tyre pressures to 30psi?? AFAIK, its not recommended to over inflate or under infate the tyres over/under the manufacturers recommendation.
Please suggest.

Old 1st November 2015, 11:53   #386

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd November 2015 at 10:11.
ajithg74 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th December 2015, 16:54   #387
BHPian

I have to replace the tyres on my Fiesta.

Tyre Set 1: Stock MRF 175/65/14, driven for 50k Kms

Tyre Set 2: Michelin XM2 185/65/14, driven for 55k Kms.

Looking for the third set now.

I am extremely happy with the XM2 and will stick to this size. However, I want to know what are my options. I don't want to spend too much money as I will not retain the car for more than 10k Kms. I want a good budget set. Considering Apollo acceleres; or should I try Yokos.

Please advise.
Old 16th January 2016, 17:00   #388
BHPian

Hai dear friends.
I am about to buy new set of shoes for my fiesta 1.4 TDCI SXI. Present ones are Bridgestone185/60/14. But my dealer tempting me to purchase Bridgestone 205/60/14. Although he is very good in his profession, I am confused on his suggestion. What should I do? Kindly help me.
Old 16th January 2016, 18:03   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevan Sukumar View Post
Hai dear friends.
I am about to buy new set of shoes for my fiesta 1.4 TDCI SXI. Present ones are Bridgestone185/60/14. But my dealer tempting me to purchase Bridgestone 205/60/14. Although he is very good in his profession, I am confused on his suggestion. What should I do? Kindly help me.
Dont go above 185 on the fiesta. It is anyway under powered and such wheels will not only spoil your FE but suspension as well.

The correct and optimum size for you is 185/65/14. Buy the Yoko Earth 1 if on budget else go for the XM2s eyes closed.

I recently bought yokos for my fiesta (Check the yoko earth 1 thread).
They are decent. If your commute involves smooth roads then XM2s are hands down winners.
Crazy_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 18:51   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Dont go above 185 on the fiesta. It is anyway under powered and such wheels will not only spoil your FE but suspension as well.

The correct and optimum size for you is 185/65/14. Buy the Yoko Earth 1 if on budget else go for the XM2s eyes closed.

I recently bought yokos for my fiesta (Check the yoko earth 1 thread).
They are decent. If your commute involves smooth roads then XM2s are hands down winners.
Thank you my dear friend for the immediate reply. Based on your suggestion I had a discussion with my fellow showroom guy and he is very much happy for a demonstration of both yoko earth 1 and XM2. But he expressed his personal opinion as yokos are little bumpy over XM2's and Bridgestone. Have any comments?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks