Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2022, 11:05   #31
BHPian

Re: Mercedes C-Class : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajbhide View Post

I have driven a C220 with Michelin PST4 and I can definitely say the Falkens are definitely equivalent but they cost much less and last definitely more.

I can surely say, these tyres are underrated. I've had a positive experience and will definitely urge people to opt for these. Its definitely worth a try.
Hi Neeraj...how are the tyres holding up? I wanted to go for Michelin's too but it costs 9k+ for the standard size. I am fine with the standard size but I was also thinking if it's possible to increase the width so the resulting profile can increase the ground clearance a bit (scrapes certain hump at times). Any thoughts?
Old 27th February 2022, 00:53   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Hi Neeraj...how are the tyres holding up? I wanted to go for Michelin's too but it costs 9k+ for the standard size. I am fine with the standard size but I was also thinking if it's possible to increase the width so the resulting profile can increase the ground clearance a bit (scrapes certain hump at times). Any thoughts?
Hello,

The tyres are holding up quite well. Still going strong after 25,000 KMS. I would definitely recommend them. I cannot comment on the upsizing as I haven't done it.
Old 24th April 2022, 04:38   #33
BHPian

Many thanks for your response. Checked for the Falkens but seems there is no dealership providing that here. Btw what is the tyre pressure you maintain for the car? Felt the stock pressure is too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajbhide View Post
Hello,

The tyres are holding up quite well. Still going strong after 25,000 KMS. I would definitely recommend them. I cannot comment on the upsizing as I haven't done it.
Old 25th April 2022, 23:15   #34

I think I maintain 30 psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Many thanks for your response. Checked for the Falkens but seems there is no dealership providing that here. Btw what is the tyre pressure you maintain for the car? Felt the stock pressure is too high.
neerajbhide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 14:07   #35
BHPian

One of my friends has a 2012 Merc C200 Blue Efficiency and reported persistent issues on the stock tyre size - 225/45R17 RFTs.

On reading entire threads dedicated to BHPians’ woes with Runflats, we decided to go for standard tyres on 225/50R17 size (Apollo Aspire 4Gs). I was aware that this is an upsize with an increase in circumference of 5%, but after a fitment trial at the dealer and verifying that it doesn’t foul with the wheel arch at full steering lock, we decided to go for it.

The taller tyres with increased sidewall height noticeably improved the comfort levels and considering Gurgaon’s pathetic roads, also reduced the chances of impact damage which the previous set of tyres suffered from. It’s been 6 months and 4000 km and the issues plaguing the 225/45 RFTs are completely absent.

Fuel lid panel showing the recommended tyre sizes
Mercedes C-Class : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-c9f92f281d774d53bc3f4a79d682655d.jpeg

Images of the new tyres post 6 months of use -
Mercedes C-Class : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-59184dccd1da4a16bb7514e9b136b239.jpeg

Mercedes C-Class : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-4d71be4314704f89afa56af2f770d9ce.jpeg

Strongly recommend the 225/50R17 setup (which was then adopted for the later model years of the C Class) for the older versions as well which come with 225/45R17

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks