Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2008, 21:53   #1
BANNED

Alloys for TATA Indica

Hi Guys,

Kindly suggest a few good alloy brands for a TATA Indica with 165 X 65 R 13s (I do not wish to upsize or have wider tyres, since FE will be compromised)
I have a few brands in mind from HR, Prestige, Neo, Plati, Aura, HiJoin, etc.

I am looking for a non-flashy, sporty-looking 5-spoke design, which is VFM and reliable. My budget is about 10-12K.
Also, is it advisable to purchase tyres and alloys from the car dealership, since purchasing and having them fitted from outside might affect vehicle warranty?

Thanks
Old 17th March 2008, 22:09   #2
BHPian

Go for Neo as they would also fit in your budget and you can get 5 alloys. Try some places in either Opera House mumbai or Milan subway or Malad.

Here you can get Neo alloys for as low as 13500 for a set of 5
Old 17th March 2008, 22:21   #3
BANNED

Milan Subway should work for me. But like I asked, since the vehicle will be new, won't the initial warranty be affected in any kinda way, if I had the tyres and alloys fitted elsewhere, other than the car dealership?

I guess it is advisable to go in for a set of 5 wheels, than 4.
While I think I could get either HR or Prestige for about 12 K for a set of 4, I could, by paying a little over a grand, get a set of 5 if I went with Neo.

Last edited by luvjascha : 17th March 2008 at 22:23.
Old 18th March 2008, 09:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Warranty will not get affected due to wheel/tyre change.

If you fit alloys at dealer, it will ensure that alloys are perfect fit for car as it would match wheel specs perfectly, but dealer prices would be more compared to after market prices.

If you wish to fit alloys at a wheels/tyre dealer, just ensure that alloy wheel matches steel wheel specs in terms of hub diameter, PCD.

As you are not looking for any upsize, choosing an alloy should be relatively easy.
Old 18th March 2008, 11:57   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Try Saifee tyres in Santacruz too (Speak to Jitubhai)! I have been buying alloys + tyres from him for over a decade now. Great pricing and service.
Old 18th March 2008, 18:37   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Try Saifee tyres in Santacruz too (Speak to Jitubhai)! I have been buying alloys + tyres from him for over a decade now. Great pricing and service.
Yeah, the guys seem to be pretty popular around.
What do you think about Bombay Tyres at Milan Subway? A guy called Vicky runs the shop.
Old 18th March 2008, 18:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
But like I asked, since the vehicle will be new, won't the initial warranty be affected in any kinda way, if I had the tyres and alloys fitted elsewhere, other than the car dealership?
As long as you get wheels of the right PCD, there is not going to be any problem especially since you're not changing the stock size.
Old 18th March 2008, 19:24   #8
BANNED

Could you guys recommend some sporty-looking 5-spoke alloys for the Indica?
Old 18th March 2008, 20:21   #9
BANNED

luv, you did not mention that it is a Xeta top end variant with 1.4L. (that is what I remember from your other petrol-or-diesel thread). Don't you want to upsize the tyres to 14 inchers? <g.d.r.>

Esp. with the more torque belted out by the 1.4L engine?

Edit:- Missed the "do not want to upsize part".

So, start from here:-

.:: Aura - High Performance Alloy Wheels ::.

That is what you will get at the FTata dealer - instead fo an A in the middle, you will get wheels with the Tata logo. Expect each wheel to cost around 250 to 500 more than what you will pay elsewhere. Also, the dealer may not take back the OE rims. If you do not like the wheels in the link above, try imported ones - may be a bit more expensive than Aura. But will get more choice there.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 18th March 2008 at 20:29.
Old 18th March 2008, 20:28   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
luv, you did not mention that it is a Xeta top end variant with 1.4L. Don't you want to upsize the tyres to 14 inchers?
I decided to go with the XETA GLG 1.2L, with 165 X 65 R 13s. I do not wish to upsize.
Thanks, but Aura is not on my list.
Old 19th September 2008, 17:00   #11
BHPian

Upsize

I own an Indica 1.4L Lxi with 165/65 R13 Bridgestones, I will need to replace them soon and was thinking about an upsize. What would be a good size to upgrade to and how much would the F.E reduce by? What about the tubeless options.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks