Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2008, 23:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

cant install alloys!

i wanted to put a new set of alloys in my new 2.2 Mhawk scorpio, but the dealership informed me thats its not possible as the techtronics (tyre pressure monitoring system) in your car wont work then. i was hugely dissapointed.
Old 22nd April 2008, 08:00   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i wanted to put a new set of alloys in my new 2.2 Mhawk scorpio, but the dealership informed me thats its not possible as the techtronics (tyre pressure monitoring system) in your car wont work then. i was hugely dissapointed.
Some cars have sensors on the inside of the rim and some do have on the valves. Can you see if the tire pressure module is orange , then I suggest you can get these sensors for around rs 12000 and fix on to the valves of new alloys, on the other hand I saw in marketplace thread, some one sold m hawk alloy. Find out how he has done it.
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:39   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
Some cars have sensors on the inside of the rim and some do have on the valves. Can you see if the tire pressure module is orange , then I suggest you can get these sensors for around rs 12000 and fix on to the valves of new alloys, on the other hand I saw in marketplace thread, some one sold m hawk alloy. Find out how he has done it.
I am sure it should be possible to remove sensors from the rim and fix it on another by a technician. Else if the rim gets damaged due to some reason do they expect you to buy new rim and also new sensors. This cannot be true.

Please read about the different TPMS sensors at the end of page Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 2 of 2. Your sensor must be an OEM product of one of them.

Nirmal
Old 22nd April 2008, 21:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Most of the TPMS systems in India have the senors on the valve. I think it should be possible for you to fit aftermarket alloys.
Old 22nd April 2008, 22:46   #5
BANNED

Do you think this TPMS system is very much necessary in your car?
Just chuck it and put in some good wheels bro!
Old 23rd April 2008, 07:04   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Do you think this TPMS system is very much necessary in your car?
Just chuck it and put in some good wheels bro!
TPMS is quite useful to monitor the tyre pressure and temperature. I have run couple of times on a flat back tyre without realising it. Plan to put an aftermarket TPMS on my Aveo. Good ones would cost 100$ +. Wouldnt really advice throughing it away

Nirmal
Old 23rd April 2008, 07:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Nirmal. Even I have run the car for long distances without realising the tyre is punctured. It helps a lot in such situations.

Most Viewed