Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2008, 10:54   #1

Urgent help with my Lancer's tires

I own a lancer with tires that may have run almost 5k kms (ceat accelere). Around 3 months back i went for wheel balancing and alignment and noticed a steering wobble immediately after that, the reason given to me was that one of the tires has an uneven surface which will even out in some 5k kms. But i never felt that happening, the steering used to be wobbling especially at slow speeds and need to be held onto to prevent it from wobbling. I went back to the same guy and got the wheels rotated back but to no avail though the wobbling reduced than before (he also told me at the same time that my steering tie-ends or what ever need to be replaced). recently i got the car serviced and was told that it is a tire problem and not the steering one but was asked by the service centre guy to get the faulty tire/ tires to be repaced as it will harm the steering column in the longer run (but ironicaly he could not spot which one is the faulty tire with uneven surface)

Please let me know what to do? Does it makes sense to get all the tires replaced when they are relatively new and can still be worked aroud for some time? Please advice how to get the faulty tire spotted so that i can get it replacedrather than spending to replace all 5 sets
Thanks!!!!!
Old 2nd May 2008, 21:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

You might have a bad tire (warped or bubbled)... and when you got the balancing done the bad tire might have been on the rear and then got installed in the front which increased the wobbling effect. Get the balancing checked once more and get to know which tire is the culprit and change that one. Could be the rim too and not the tire so just double check when getting the balancing done.
Old 2nd May 2008, 22:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANCER3 View Post
I own a lancer with tires that may have run almost 5k kms (ceat accelere).

Ceat Aceleres or Apollo Aceleres ???

Mods: Please shift the thread to tyre section.
Old 7th May 2008, 20:13   #4

I think its ceat not sure about the accelere part. Just been too stuck to have a look at it since many days

Arush, thanks for the reply. Will get that checked this weekend (if i get time).
Arush if i intend to get all the tires replaced to what extent of size can i upgrade without any changes on shockers, springs or something else

Thanks Guys for the help!!
Old 16th July 2008, 18:13   #5

Lancer Tyre Upgrade Help

Hello,

I have Lancer GLXi - 1999 Model. Currently I have all michelen tyres which are completely worn out. I am planning to buy new and reliable tyres.

Existing Tyre Size Details :
185/60 R14 8217.

Can any one suggest good and reliable tyres.

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Rajesh.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread merged. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th July 2008 at 18:25. Reason: Search before opening a new thread please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks