Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 12:41   #16

Hi Balaji
i am not a very know figure on this website.. But i a few things in life i know about are cars bikes and racing.
I drive a baleno and a indica xeta both on low tyres. If you want a better straight line speed and a cut through the conner use a Mono block rim..Like OZ wheel is a great after market part its a lil expensive but its worth it. And if you want a cheeper and an efficiant wheel Kijiji rims are good too..If you want to i can give you some numbers later as to where you can buy it in chennai ...i do this i buy a old set or rims frm a dealer soke it in water all nite and the next day if there are any cracks or bumps u can feel it when you run ur hand..and once you know the rim is good i use dupelicolor ... If you are not so jobless like me then just pick up a set of monoblocks and ensure you get the tyres fit on the machine not by hand...once that is done go to a wheel allinment point and get the rims allined for sure....If you want to get a better grip just get ur front suspention and shocks tightned as shown below.you would need a leveler too if you are doing this u can make one cause i am not sure its sold anywhere in India. if you need anything more let me know you can also e mail me at karthik6202@gmail.com.

Peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalajiShankar View Post
Hello,

My name is Balaji and I have recently joined this forum. I currently drive a Hyundai Accent GLE. I have now decided to buy the Getz CRDI after taking a test drive yesterday. It has an awesome engine, looking forward to own one soon.

I want to fit it with tubeless tyres and 14 inch alloys. I read many posts here about various options and would like some recommendation to suit my usage. So please suggest options based on my requirements and constraints. As you know the stock car has 175/65 R14 tyres.

1. Usage - Mainly in the city and occasionaly on the highway.

2. Fuel efficiency - Very important, so any modifications should not bring it down considerably.

3. Ride quality - No compromise here. I do not want to feel the bumps on the roads in Chennai because of very low profile tyres. I changed the tyres for my Accent from stock 175/70 R13 to 195/60 R14 and now I am able to feel that the ride has become very harsh.

4. Handling - Although I like to rev the car on empty roads, I am not going to take a sharp turn at high speeds. I noticed that the steering on my Accent has become tight, so don't want the same with Getz.

5. Pete's Box - I might go for one in the future.

So, with these points in mind, please suggest the right tyre size and brand for the car.

Thanks,
Balaji
Old 17th October 2008, 22:08   #17

Thanks for the info Karthik, you are some expert!!

I do find something very amusing. your choice of cars. Baleno is a true driver's delight - 11 Secs to 100 KPH and a top speed of 185, but Indica does not match this at all. Your experiences with these cars??

In any case, it would be very useful if you could give those numbers in Chennai.

Thanks
Balaji

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks