Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2008, 14:01   #46
BHPian

steering tight for zen

thx adi99 for apt reply.

currently I hold stock tyres (145/70r13) for my 2000 lx model zen. With this I felt steering is too tight man. (its a lx) But rode some 2 other zens (zen lx ) felt lots play and free steering. What can be reason. Tyres have run 25k km half bald -

I used to put 26psi for most times in city ride, except while i fully load and move on highways its 28-30 psi.

and where on earth can I get mesh type headrest for my zen

rgrds
prsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
Dont even think of adding spacers, your ride comfort and handling will go for a toss! My zen had spacers and I have removed it recently. I am currently running 175/60 R13 Potenza GIIIs. I dont think you will have problems with 165/60 unless your car is loaded with people all the time.

And yes, with 60 profile, there will be a little compromise on ride comfort but handling is good.
Old 15th December 2008, 15:43   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
currently I hold stock tyres (145/70r13) for my 2000 lx model zen. With this I felt steering is too tight man. (its a lx) But rode some 2 other zens (zen lx ) felt lots play and free steering. What can be reason. Tyres have run 25k km half bald
Check the alignment first. There may be problem with caster/camber. If the alignment is ok with no problems, then you can take it to any garage and ask them to adjust the steering damper (I think this is what it is called, they go under the car and adjust it )
Old 16th December 2008, 10:13   #48
BHPian

thx adi

thx again

let me get this info to mech guy, and will let you know latest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
Check the alignment first. There may be problem with caster/camber. If the alignment is ok with no problems, then you can take it to any garage and ask them to adjust the steering damper (I think this is what it is called, they go under the car and adjust it )
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:32   #49
BHPian

Ive got 185/55 R14 Yoko s.Drive for my zen. My previous tyres were Ventus 195/45. The yoko looks much wider than the hankook Ventus. The tyres are scaraping the wheel wells when there are 4 on-board, though i have dual suspension at the back.

At the front it scrapes on the front fenders when my steering is fully turned to a side.

What i felt S.drives are far better than Ventus, though i have some problem with the size.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks