Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2014, 11:37   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Issues with Good Year Assurance and tyre change query

Running different tyres on the front and rear is going to upset the balance of the car. Maybe in a very minor way but sometimes in an emergency situation you could find the behaviour to be different. this is simply because each tyre has a different way of holding onto the road.

99% of the time, it shouldnt cause a problem but you should be aware of the consequences.

Also, it's surprising that you have experienced so many punctures on the Assurance. The feedback on these tyres have been quite positive.

There is no assurance (pardon the pun!) that any other tyre will serve you well. It seems that the road you regularly use has lot of debris or a saboteur has access to your tyres in one way or the other.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 18:17   #137
BHPian

re: Goodyear Assurance tyres, Triplemax 2 launched

Is it safe to buy tyres from snap deal
Any BHPian have any idea
Old 30th July 2014, 14:39   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Is it safe to buy tyres from snap deal
Any BHPian have any idea
I bought 4 MRF ZLO 190/60 R15 from Snapdeal last week. Today received the delivery and tyre manufactured date is 2514 means 25th Week of 2014. So got the new tyres at absolutely steal price of Rs 4050 each. Apart from this I have done some pretty high value purchases from them in past and had no issues till now.
humans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 15:45   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
I bought 4 MRF ZLO 190/60 R15 from Snapdeal last week. Today received the delivery and tyre manufactured date is 2514 means 25th Week of 2014. So got the new tyres at absolutely steal price of Rs 4050 each. Apart from this I have done some pretty high value purchases from them in past and had no issues till now.
Thanks I am planning to order Michelin - Primacy 3ST - 195/65R15
Do you have contact printed on your order so that I can call before ordering as I am based in Bangalore and not sure how they will ship
Old 30th July 2014, 16:36   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Thanks I am planning to order Michelin - Primacy 3ST - 195/65R15
Do you have contact printed on your order so that I can call before ordering as I am based in Bangalore and not sure how they will ship
Contact number is of Snapdeal only. You have different vendors selling different tyres on Snapdeal and the one I bought from may or may not be selling what you are buying. Snapdeal is more like marketplace where vendors from different locations sell their different products. My tyres came from Raipur, Chhattisgarh and I had no idea about the individual seller. I only bought it because if any issue I will call Snapdeal for resolution and not the vendor who sent me the product.
Old 28th October 2014, 16:26   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
Some of their offers are real steal buys.

So they do teh delivery and then you will have to take it for a refitting or is the cost including the refitting at one of the stores?

What about WA and WB which is normally given as a freebie at the brick and mortar store?

Is that also given or you just get the 04 tyres delivered?
Old 28th October 2014, 16:35   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Some of their offers are real steal buys.

Is that also given or you just get the 04 tyres delivered?
From Snapdeal you will just get the tyres, rest everything you have to get it done by yourself at your local tyre shop.
humans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 19:14   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The Assurance is a very good tyre. And it's priced it very well as well.
Nikhil, picked up a single Assurance 205/60/16 for my Cruze from Madhus today. Great service as always!
Old 23rd June 2015, 06:30   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
We upgraded from GT3 to Assurance on our Fusion over a year ago. Great tyres!. Am extremely satisfied. Slightly better ride & lower noise.
Sridhar, i am planning to change the tyres on my fusion of Sep 2009, the wheels have done only 40000 kms or so but are 6 years old. Planning to change to Goodyear assurance, the Goodyear website shows three types of assurance triplex, fuelmax and Armor grip. Which one should i go for?
Old 23rd June 2015, 14:16   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalu View Post
Sridhar, i am planning to change the tyres on my fusion of Sep 2009, the wheels have done only 40000 kms or so but are 6 years old. Planning to change to Goodyear assurance, the Goodyear website shows three types of assurance triplex, fuelmax and Armor grip. Which one should i go for?
For the standard Fusion tyre size only TripleMax, FuelMax and basic Assurance fit the bill.
Of these TripleMax does not have the Kevlar layer. So it is between FuelMax and Basic Assuarance.
FuelMax seems to have 2 sidewall layers, whereas nothing specific is mentioned re Basic Assurance. I do not have the Fusion now as we sold it. My guess is that that may be the main difference. Tread pattern seems the same. So check out the actual tyre to compare the layers of reinforcement in the tread and sidewall.
Additional sidewall reinforcement will lead to slightly stiffer ride, better handling and lesser chances of sidewall punctures. So it possibly will be a trade-off between some ride comfort & handling.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 15:38   #146
BHPian

The Assurance Triplemax now comes with a 2 year unconditional warranty. And the next 3 years are guarded against manufacturing defects.
Old 29th June 2015, 11:49   #147
Senior - BHPian

Hi!

I was looking for 205 55/R16 91V tyres in Goodyear. I am presently using NCT5 for 38K Kms on my Jetta. They are good on grip and traction, but noisy.

I was looking at GOODYEAR ASSURANCE ARMORGRIP PLUS as the replacement. Link: http://www.goodyear.co.in/tyre_detai...armorgrip-plus

Also for details : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3740923

Any idea how these tyres are in terms of grip and sidewall strength? Any suggestion will help.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 29th June 2015 at 11:53.
Old 2nd February 2016, 10:13   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Hi!

I was looking at GOODYEAR ASSURANCE ARMORGRIP PLUS as the replacement. Link: http://www.goodyear.co.in/tyre_detai...armorgrip-plus
Hello,

Did you get these tyres for your car. I am considering same in the future for my car well. Any feedback, suggestions etc.

Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 11:55   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hello,

Did you get these tyres for your car. I am considering same in the future for my car well. Any feedback, suggestions etc.

Thanks
No. I got Michelin tyres.

I was told that good year tyre becomes very hard and noisy after about15 k kms. That's the reason for dropping the idea.

I have used nct5 on my Jetta. Tyres have decent grips but noisy.

Hope this helps.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 15:10   #150
BHPian

Hi guys

Got 195:55/16 goodyear assurance on my i20 c from factory.
My polo came with the same size and the tires were triplemax, but very noisy post 20000 kms.

Is it advicable to change to earth1 or P3ST.

The final price is 13000 for earth 1 and 18000 for p3st

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks