Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:43   #31
Team-BHP Support

More i look at them and more i read about them, i think i want to try them for next change I meant the tires!
Old 23rd September 2009, 00:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
More i look at them and more i read about them, i think i want to try them for next change I meant the tires!
True! And this is causing me to inch more and more towards these despite the 67% premium over stock Goodyear 195/60R15 which do excellent duty on the Fusion. Will check out how much stock size costs in Assurance as well!

I also think this is a pretty underrated tyre. Everyone falls to the hype of Bridgestone, Yokohama and Michelin. The Assurance is priced at par or lower than one size lower tyres from most competition. Goodyear is to blame for undermarketing the tyre. Hardly ever seen any press/TV advert for it. See the effort they put in in Malaysia for it!

Last edited by Glifford : 23rd September 2009 at 00:29.
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:17   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I somehow missed the update, that tread looks interesting. Thanks for posting up, if its not too much could you post a picture which will show the whole thread pattern?
Jaggu, This is how the tread looks like:

Goodyear Assurance tyres, Triplemax 2 launched-assurance20tread.jpg
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:30   #34
BHPian

Glifford, plus with assurance you get their WFW (Worry Free Warranty) benefit wherein you get a replacement for your tyre even for non-manufacturing defects like run flat / tyre damage due to hitting a stone / pothole etc.
Old 25th September 2009, 10:15   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Glifford, plus with assurance you get their WFW (Worry Free Warranty) benefit wherein you get a replacement for your tyre even for non-manufacturing defects like run flat / tyre damage due to hitting a stone / pothole etc.
Thanks Wasava!

BTW, is the Assurance available in 195/60R15 too? Any idea roughly what is the price?

And what is the Goodyear call centre number? The website lists 1800 11 6767, but it doesn't work. Even from a BSNL line :(
Old 25th September 2009, 11:04   #36
BHPian

No,Assurance is not available in 195/60/R15. I think the BSNL issue is inherent to certain exchanges only. I've had no problem dialling and getting through on that number. You could try sending an SMS Assurance to 56767
Old 25th September 2009, 11:28   #37
BHPian

Quote:
No,Assurance is not available in 195/60/R15. I think the BSNL issue is inherent to certain exchanges only. I've had no problem dialling and getting through on that number. You could try sending an SMS Assurance to 56767
Thanks! Everytime I called from a BSNL LL I got an engaged tone. No matter how many times I tried, or what time of the day. Over 3-4 days. Never works from any other line sadly (they should upgrade the number). Problem is have a BSNL at home. But at work only Airtel and mobile is Vodafone. So cannot keep trying all day long (when I am at work).

And thanks for the SMS tip. Just sent it, and got an immediate auto-response.

Quote:
Thanks for showing interest in Goodyear Assurance, our wheel assistant will get in touch with you shortly.
it says

Let's see when they actually do. Need to upgrade soon. Before Gandhi Jayanti!

Moderators please note: I guess this discussion is going OT on this thread. Request you to move the last 3-4 posts to this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...e-india-3.html

Last edited by Glifford : 25th September 2009 at 11:29. Reason: Punctuation
Old 25th September 2009, 11:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This worry free warranty is great if there is no Catch. What is the fineprint?
Old 25th September 2009, 13:06   #39
BHPian

No fine print. I guess they're very confident about the durability of the tyre hence the unconditional warranty. I hope you do know that upon replacement you will be charged whatever the tread life has been used. i.e if a new tyre has 6 mm tread depth and at the time of presenting the claim your tyre has 4 mm tread left then you'll be charged pro-rata for the 2 mm of tyre life that has been used by you.
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2009, 15:57   #40
BHPian

Goodyear Assurance or Excellence?

Quote:
You could try sending an SMS Assurance to 56767
Thanks Wasava! You helped me a lot.

I sent the SMS and got an immediate auto response as mentioned. Then in less than an hour, sure enought I got a call from Goodyear Wheel Assist.

He gave me three models that fit the size I mentioned (205/60R15). Assurance, Excellence and Eagle F1 GSD-3. Gave me the MRPs too, but assured that there are dealer and customer discounts too. Assurance MRP was 4899.

Asked for dealer name, he gave me the contact of the South Zone Coordinator, Ms. Sunita, in Chennai. 044 - 6450 0277 / 4210 5048

Spoke to her, she gave me Goodyear Bangalore Office Number: 080-22105602

When speaking to Bangalore, they said they are only a distribution centre and don't sell directly. When asked, they gave me the main dealer name and number:

General Tyres, Opp Bank of India, JC Road, Bangalore.
080 - 22238620
080 - 22237135

Went there today met Mr. Francis. Nice guy. Showed me the tyres. There happen to be two models in the size I am looking for. (actually 3, Eagle F1 GSD3 as well)

Assurance and Excellence

Goodyear Assurance 205/60R15 : Rs. 4100, Made in Malaysia (lighter, softer than Stock GT3)
Goodyear Excellence 205/60R15 : Rs. 3900, Made in China (Assymetric Pattern)

Both come with Worry Free Warranty till 50% Tread life (including sidewall cuts etc) or 3 years from manufacture (whichever comes first)!

Now I have to decide between the two! Help!

Excellence has a great looking asymmetric tread that looks very sporty. The Assurance is plain-jane, non directional, symmetric. Excellence has harder rubber and is heavier as compared to Assurance. It is slightly larger too. Excellence doesn't have Kevlar, Assurance does. Assurance feels like it flexes more.

Not sure which I will go for, hence need suggestions. Looks & Base Price: Excellence; Everything else: Assurance. I like the pattern of Excellence, but assurance seems a better choice in many respects. Soft and light and has proven track record in handling and braking.

Add to that Assurance has a promotion of a Reebok watch worth 2599 on a purchase of 4 tyres. Will try to negotiate it out for a discount instead of the watch, if no choice however, will take the watch.

What do you say Wasava?

(Partial cross post from here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post1502982 )

Last edited by Glifford : 26th September 2009 at 16:01. Reason: Added reference URL
Old 26th September 2009, 21:36   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Checked this site New Goodyear Assurance with ArmorGrip Technology and 195/60/R15 88H is indeed available.
Old 26th September 2009, 23:19   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Checked this site New Goodyear Assurance with ArmorGrip Technology and 195/60/R15 88H is indeed available.
Well that is because. The URL is http: // www. goodyear .com . ph/microsite/

So Phillipines it is! But the same flash version is also on http: // www. goodyear .com . in/microsite/. So no point!

I have the Brochure I carried home from the dealer. The nearest sizes are

195/65R15 (Octavia/Civic/Corolla)
and
205/60R15 Upsize.

Rest of the sizes in Assurance are:

175/65R14 82H (Honda City, Indica Vista, Getz, Palio, Fiesta)
185/60R14 82H (Fabia, Aveo)
185/70R14 88H (Swift, Ritz, Logan)
195/70R14 91H (Qualis)
195/55R15 85V (Fiesta 1.6 S)
195/65R15 91V (Octavia/Civic/Corolla)
205/65R15 94H (Tavera/Innova)

Upsizes:
195/60R14 86H
205/60R15 91H
Old 27th September 2009, 01:24   #43
BHPian

Glifford I reckon you go for the assurance. Not only will it be better at handling pot holed road,the comfort levels are slightly better vis a vis excellence. Excellence is better off on heavier cars like skoda's or mercs IMHO.
Old 27th September 2009, 13:00   #44
BHPian

Any Linea owners know which Goodyear is fitted on Linea? Is it advisable to change the stock Linea tyres with Assurance. A toss up here is between Primacy LC and Assurance. Assurance seems to be better tyre to a lay person like me. The Goodyear site mentions availability only for Palio and Petra.
Old 27th September 2009, 14:48   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Any Linea owners know which Goodyear is fitted on Linea? Is it advisable to change the stock Linea tyres with Assurance. A toss up here is between Primacy LC and Assurance. Assurance seems to be better tyre to a lay person like me. The Goodyear site mentions availability only for Palio and Petra.
Linea comes with Goodyear GT3s, AFAIK. Ford Fusion and Punto E Pack also feature them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks