Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2008, 16:15   #16
BHPian

Potenza GIIIs aren't available any more?? I just them this month brand new for my Verna, set of 5. Was this old stock????
Old 30th May 2008, 16:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Oye Ishan Venkattakutty
BTW isn't B250 available in limited sizes unlike S322??
Arrey KP Singh Gujjar! I think they're replacing them slowly, not sure if they've completely replaced them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Potenza GIIIs aren't available any more?? I just them this month brand new for my Verna, set of 5. Was this old stock????
Are they Made in India or Made in Japan?
Old 30th May 2008, 18:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
mobike008;848121]@married2speed, that was a fantastic overview of which tyres for which conditions for which people. However, i slightly disagree with you on BS S322's. I have them stock on my Accent and i do agree they aren't that great. but, they are not too bad too. I take steep turns on a daily basis @80kmph and i don't feel that tyres aren't that gripping enough. But, over this speed then i can see the grip losing to a large extent ( only if in a steep turn).
Thank you for the compliment mobike Wait till you move to a set of performance based tyres and you'll notice what you're missing out on. The BS S322 are not bad but there are better tyres for the same price, say the yoks which offer superb grip at over 130Kmph in the wets. Try exceeding 60 on the S322 in the wets and you feel like.... OMG!!
Alternatively, feel free to test-ride my honda city on the new michelin's PP1 and you'll know exactly what i mean..

What we miss is something which we realise only after we posses it. How much we miss, is an illusion

Quote:
Also, my car has done 25k kms until now and only one puncture. -
Good driving that. My brand new pilot precada's managed to get a huge cut on it the very next day, however, this doesnt' mean they are bad tyres. Punctures and cuts are not necessarily a result of good or bad tyres but a result of good or bad driving habits and the roads if I may add

Quote:
I am waiting for 35K mark and them would love to change to a better, bigger performance based tyres
. Good luck. Hopefully, there'll be something better by then in the market. Do let us know what you settle for. Be wary of goin for the Potenza. The more experienced BHPians have pointed out that the current lot would be Made In India. Probably BS heard alisha chinoy's song now.. made in india
Old 31st May 2008, 18:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Im looking at upgrading the wheels and tyres on my Swift Vxi. I am currently running on 195/60/15 Goodyear Eagle F1 GDS1. I am pretty happy with them in terms of handling but they are'nt very comfortable on bumpy roads and also pretty noisy. I am looking at upgrading my rims to 16" shod with 205/50/16 tyres. Ive heard alot about the Michelin Pilot Preceda on this thread and considering them too. I am also interested in knowing the feedback from users of the Yokohama S-Drives and Michelin Pilot Preceda Sport (I dont think 205/50/16 is available in the Preceda Sport).

I am surprised that there is no mention of the Yokohama S-Drives on this thread. Which tyres according to our experts should i go for? A i live in Mumbai and considering the bumpy Mumbai roads; Im looking for - good sporty tread pattern, low tyre noise and good comfort.

Most Viewed