Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2008, 23:02   #31
rks
BANNED

The most likely reason is that vrooooom's Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 tyres are out-and-out performance tyres and probably have stiffer sidewalls than the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2 which BP has (which might be more biased towards comfort). So one can expect less sidewall flex in vroooom's case for the same tyre pressures even if the alloy widths are the same.
Old 4th June 2008, 01:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

RKS - The GSD2 is GSD3's predecessor and both are out & out performance tyres.
Old 4th June 2008, 07:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

I would still say its the mudflaps. I had similar mudflaps which were screwed on to the inside of the wheel arches and they used to touch the tyre at a particular point when turning.

Replaced the mud flaps with OE and they no longer touch. The OE ones are screwed on to the outer edge of the wheel arch.
Old 4th June 2008, 10:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
I would still say its the mudflaps. I had similar mudflaps which were screwed on to the inside of the wheel arches and they used to touch the tyre at a particular point when turning.

Replaced the mud flaps with OE and they no longer touch. The OE ones are screwed on to the outer edge of the wheel arch.
Yes, most of the people who saw the wheels suggested that I get the OE ones. But even before I fit those, I will switch my tyres with BP.

Wanted to say something about the tyres. Inspite of it being a performance tyre, it seems it has something to add to the comfort as well. Somehow now I dont feel each every humps or scraped out roads. I used to do that before. But yes, previously I had 185/60/R13. Those were pretty low. Truly speaking its hard to comment on tyres unless and until you switch from one tyre to another with similar profile, and keep everything else constant.
Old 13th August 2008, 21:07   #35
BHPian

You owe us a review of this tyre by now. Please do shed some light on this as you are one of the few ones to have this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks