Team-BHP - S10 Alloys: Powder Coating. Which Color?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   S10 Alloys: Powder Coating. Which Color? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/40669-s10-alloys-powder-coating-color.html)

Friends,

The alloys of my Palio S10 have had their fair share of scratches and abrasions and at places they have lost their sheen.

I am planning to get them powder coated. Have also identified a factory on Hosur Road( near to my residence) that will do powder coating for Rs 350/- per wheel. Will be visiting them tomorrow for a detailed discussion.

Need inputs on what color should I go for? I had 'ivory white' color in mind.

The S10 pictures with the alloy are here.

khan, i think you should just go for the same color
Ivory white would have looked good on a red car, but for a yellow one, its better u stick to the OEM silver itself

have you thought of black? it will definitely look good. if not not black then the stock colour is the next best option. :)

Matt black is an option.IMHO.

Saw a metallic dark brown alloys recently. The shade is almost similar to the colour of black coffee. I saw this on a Ivory white Swift. Looked great.

cheers:

on an ivory swift, it will look quite royal. but on this yellow palio, will make it look like something that crawled out of a radioactive swamp :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 856857)
on an ivory swift, it will look quite royal. but on this yellow palio, will make it look like something that crawled out of a radioactive swamp :D

Watched a lot of sci-fi movies, have we?lol:

On a serious note, it looked very good. IMO it would get along pretty well with S10. But then this is my opinion, Mr Khan is the decision maker.
cheers:

the existing color looks good. it could get a red/yellow -lining on the border-trim

Actually a light shade of metallic gray will look super for this yellow chic.

I suggest Matt Black with yellow lines on 7 spokes and red color in circle along with tyre where alloys touch the tyres! it will look too sporty but should be good combination.

Else

Paint entire alloy to shining black which is good and hot. Make photoshop pictures and see which suits best.

Rergards,

Ravi.

blue black :D ?
Imho that goes best with yellow :)

matt black will look really classy & sporty!
However I have one question - Is the powder coating done on the interior of the rim too or just the rim exteriors. My doubts are confounded based on the assumption that if the powder coating peals from the corners where the tyre sits on the rim then it may result in a pressure loss!
Will appreciate anyone clarifying my doubt.

+1 to matt black. Either that or silver are the only two options which will suit your Palio. Remember, its yellow which is a pretty funky colour by itself.

where is our in-house photoshop wizard SRK???

time for you SRK to use your magical wand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO - Touring (Post 857147)
+1 to matt black. Either that or silver are the only two options which will suit your Palio. Remember, its yellow which is a pretty funky colour by itself.

+1 for the silver.

will the paint peel of later ..if we get it matt black painted