Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2008, 12:22   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post

Yokohama C drive is only available in 225/60-15. Not for Civic.

im sure its available in other sizes. i remember a thread of sam getting c-drives on his verna.
Old 26th November 2008, 12:49   #32
F50
Senior - BHPian

Im using MXV8s on my Vdi, 195/60 R15. 8000 kms no problems at all. They are silky smooth on tar roads, you can only here the engine revvs! Very noisy on concrete and rough tar.
For me, priority was comfort. Hence chose MXV8s.
They are stable and take the bends decently, no drama. On highways you feel rock solid. What else you need?
Please keep one thing in mind, it has one of the most boring patterns, so you cannot really show off the design!

Overall im very happy with the tires.

Last edited by F50 : 26th November 2008 at 12:58.
Old 26th November 2008, 12:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
im sure its available in other sizes. i remember a thread of sam getting c-drives on his verna.
Officially only available in 225/60-15 with B&W.
Sam got 195/60-14 without B&W when Yokohama weren't officially available in India.
Old 26th November 2008, 12:54   #34
BHPian

I was using MXV8 on my Octavia.I almost drove 40000kms with that tyre.I didnt have any problems.They are really good and have good road grip as well.If you are not looking for hot thread pattern you can go for MXV8.
Old 26th November 2008, 13:37   #35
BHPian

I am using MXV8 195/60 R15 for my petrol swift and since the tyres changed it have clocked 4000 kms.I changed from stock to this tyres.
At first it had nitrogen filled and now air only.But while it was nitrogen filled,it was easy to drive than the air filled.I dont know why is that.
I had a long trip from trivandrum to trichi and back and another trip from trivandrum to palakkad with my family.It raised no issues at all,braking and cornering and road grip were too good when compared to the stock.
Driving and braking on rains also didn't raise any problems.
But some times when in high speeds like 130-140, if i brake hard, the car tends to swing to side ways (but not that much,may be scary some times),but when speed is lesser than 110,it raised no issues.

If u ask me, i would definitely recommend it .Its a VFM product from the michelins.
Old 26th November 2008, 20:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
I am using MXV8 195/60 R15 for my petrol swift and since the tyres changed it have clocked 4000 kms.I changed from stock to this tyres.
At first it had nitrogen filled and now air only.But while it was nitrogen filled,it was easy to drive than the air filled.I dont know why is that.
I had a long trip from trivandrum to trichi and back and another trip from trivandrum to palakkad with my family.It raised no issues at all,braking and cornering and road grip were too good when compared to the stock.
Driving and braking on rains also didn't raise any problems.
But some times when in high speeds like 130-140, if i brake hard, the car tends to swing to side ways (but not that much,may be scary some times),but when speed is lesser than 110,it raised no issues.

If u ask me, i would definitely recommend it .Its a VFM product from the michelins.
What alloys are using? specifications?
Old 26th November 2008, 22:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Im due for a tyre change. Running on 195/60/R15 Goodyear Eagle F1 GDS2 on my Swift. I have nothing nice to say about those tyres so im not gonna say anything at all. However, i will be changing to 205/55/R15 and need to choose between S-Drives and PP2s OR do you guys suggest any other tyre? Im looking for good grip, decent comfort and long lasting. Please advise.

Epic
Old 27th November 2008, 14:10   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
What alloys are using? specifications?
Its 15.sorry i forgot the name,something like racing.its pcd is 100 and 5 nuts.
Old 14th December 2008, 23:18   #39
BHPian

thanks a lot guys, for all the inputs.
i finally did lay my hands on the 'v' rated mvx8s and have driven 1000 cliks on it. well.... its a helluva lot better than the stock OME that came with the civic.
the grip levels are good. comfort is amazing, road noise has drastically reduced. and i have pushed it to 190, the grip levels and the cars behaiviour at that speed were a lot better than with the previous tyres.
only thing i have noticed is that the car tends to understeer a bit more than before, it could probably be me trying to push it into corners a lot harder and expecting the 'train on rails', but will add to that in my next review.
until then, for anyone with doubts on which tyres to pick - mvx8s are really good, though a bit pricey. until now, i find them to be VFM. safe driving!!!
Old 17th December 2008, 14:03   #40

I just got the mxv8's fitten on my corolla last week.. HUGE difference in the comfort, good grip but cant compare the handling of the pp2 to these. But keep in mind the pp2's are way too noisy compared to these. Unfortunately i got tires that were about 7 months old and wasnt too sure if i should pick em up but the dealer told me that most tires available in michellin will be as old. i dont know how far that is true but no complaints.. they are available for about 4800/- per tyre.
Amir is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks