Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2012, 10:31   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapursaket View Post
1) Since I have Steel rims I need to stick to Toyota recomendation of 205/65/R15
2)In light of Indian roads need a tyre with strong side walls, so it has to be a tyre tropicalised for India......Yokohama, Michelin and other imported tyres are ruled out.
3)Need to choose between Bridgestone Turanza ER 60 or Apollo Accelere or Good Year Assurance.

My Innova is clocking 49K and 07 years but the Stock Bridgestone are still gleaming with more than even wear and still show off grooves. But surely the change is overdue for safety on highways.
7 years is too long for tyres, please change at the earliest.

If you want to stick to Bridgestone, you can even try Turanza AR 10 in stock size.
I would not differentiate much among Yokohama, Michelin & Bridgestone as far as tropicalisation is concerned; it's just that Bridgestone started operations in India earlier than other two.
In my opinion, Michelin XM2 has harder sidewall (initial impression) making it at par with Bridgestone.
sukiwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 15:43   #152
BHPian

I recently picked up 4 XM2s in the stock size for my Innova. Sturdy sidewalls. Much much much more silent than the Bridgestones before.
maverhick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 10:43   #153
BHPian

Bought 4 Michelin MX2 for total 26600

Brought 4 205/65/15 (original size) Michelin MX2 each for 6500 with 2(1 for 2 tyres) free Benetton white T-Shirts (real nice ones will be around atleast 1200 INR each if bought in store) Paid another 600 for Wheel balancing. Total: INR 26600. Sai Ram Wheels, Madinaguda, Hyderabad.
Old 13th January 2013, 20:52   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
I know of a guy whose Innova is shod with these. He uses the vehicle over kuccha / village roads, so is only concerned about ruggedness and increased GC. Yoko has 2 designs in this size now, check pic for reference.
Can you share info on which one is better for Innova? What are the effects observed of these on Ride and Handling of Innova? What are effects on the ODO, Speed, Tacho and how does this person adjust to the aberration in these?

Will greatly appreciate if you can provide any incite on the above since you have first hand info on the same.

The reason is there is pretty high difference in the profile 205/70 instead of standard 205/65 for Innova.

From 1010tires.com:
Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-1010tires.com-innova-tires.jpg

Last edited by parsh : 13th January 2013 at 21:01.
Old 13th January 2013, 21:12   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
Ran thru my second set of tyres 225 60 R 15 C Drives in 30 k. Severely disappointed with one sidewall cut, multiple punctures etc

Has anyone tried AT tyres on their innova.
Specifically Yoko Geolanders 205 70 R15?

I know it is not the perfect size hence asking
Ended up with Michelin MX2 stock size. Extremely happy. Great at high speeds. So far so good
Old 14th January 2013, 21:28   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Can you share info on which one is better for Innova? What are the effects observed of these on Ride and Handling of Innova? What are effects on the ODO, Speed, Tacho and how does this person adjust to the aberration in these?

Will greatly appreciate if you can provide any incite on the above since you have first hand info on the same.

The reason is there is pretty high difference in the profile 205/70 instead of standard 205/65 for Innova.

From 1010tires.com:
Attachment 1038036
Sorry boss, The car owner only wanted higher GC and a rugged tyre. Wasn't bothered or interested in the details.
Old 8th February 2013, 14:49   #157
Senior - BHPian

Re: Contemplating Tyre Change on My Innova G3 Diesel 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapursaket View Post
A peruse through the vast knowledge base of Team Bhpians has helped me conclude as follows

1) Since I have Steel rims I need to stick to Toyota recomendation of 205/65/R15
2)In light of Indian roads need a tyre with strong side walls, so it has to be a tyre tropicalised for India......Yokohama, Michilien and other imported tyres are ruled out.
3)Need to choose between Bridgestone Turanza ER 60 or Appollo Acceler or Good Year Assurance.

My Innova is clocking 49K and 07years but the Stock Bridgestone are still gleaming with more than even wear and still show off grooves. But surly the change is overdue for safety on highways.

Please help me decide between the above mentioned choices?
I think the steel rims are 6J and in that case 225/60R15 is pretty much a possible options. The alloys are 6J as well anyway.
Old 13th May 2013, 21:11   #158

I changed my Innova tyres last week. A new set of Yokohama C-drive 225 60 R15 on stock alloys. It was running on the same C-drives that lasted for 50K kms. I was pretty happy with the performance. Very silent and good grip too. No sides wall cuts or anything like that , even though it has seen some really bad roads in Bangalore. So decided to stick to the same make.
I paid 7K per tyre, that is 28K for 4 tyres. Balancing and alignment extra.

This is a 2005 model Innova which has clocked 89K kms. Original good year tyres were changed at 38K.
Old 18th May 2013, 13:50   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Sorry boss, The car owner only wanted higher GC and a rugged tyre. Wasn't bothered or interested in the details.
Guys need your help gonna change my Goodyear GT3's so need advicelease:

1. Should i upsize? Cause the roads in my area which the car will frequent are very bad. So not comfortable putting my money on Michelins or Yoko's.
2. Found Continental 4x4 96t( size: 205/70 R15). Is it good to change the stock profile from 65 to 70. These Conti's are 6200 bucks a pop.
Old 19th June 2013, 14:16   #160
BANNED

My Innova got New Shoes Today after 8 years and 58000KM on Stock Bridgestones. Experience of first 10KM ride on KUMHO Solus KH15 205/65/R15
was smooth with no tyre noise. Got a deal @₹18000.00 and sold stock tyres for₹1000.00
Old 19th June 2013, 21:47   #161
BHPian

I upgraded my innova's tyres last month after 3.5 Years and a odo reading of 53665kms from stock Goodyear's to conti CPC2'S 205/65 R15. Till now they have been tested on smooth, bad , very bad and absolutely hideous roads over a range of 2500kms. Very rugged tires, though it takes some time (400-500kms) to get used to these tires lower rolling resistance because of its superior quality. Paid 24500/- totally.
Old 23rd June 2013, 09:42   #162
LLL
BHPian

I am thinking of replacing my Innova's tyres...43k km and 5 yrs completed.

2 tyres have frequent punctures now while other 2 are good. Tread is good on all of them.
I am confused between Bridgestone ER60 and Michelin XM2 stock size. Any recommendations pls?
Old 29th June 2013, 12:13   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
I am thinking of replacing my Innova's tyres...43k km and 5 yrs completed.

2 tyres have frequent punctures now while other 2 are good. Tread is good on all of them.
I am confused between Bridgestone ER60 and Michelin XM2 stock size. Any recommendations pls?
I would recommend the continental cpc2's 205/65R15 very good tyre, just got them last month on 21st for my innova and as of date have done about 4000kms over all types of surfaces. Though these tyres have to be run in for about 2000kms, initially they will have a high road noise though it reduces. Grip levels are phenomenal and wet grip is too good, also unlike other imported tyres(Michelin and Yokohama) these have strong sidewalls and provide good ride comfort.
P.S. They have a lower rolling resistance.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 12:35   #164
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
P.S. They have a lower rolling resistance.
I guess lower rolling resistance will be good from FE perspective, but wouldnt it mean they take longer to come to a halt in case of full braking?
Old 1st July 2013, 10:54   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post

I guess lower rolling resistance will be good from FE perspective, but wouldnt it mean they take longer to come to a halt in case of full braking?
Initially even I felt that the car takes a longer time to come to a halt. But after driving it for well over 4000kms in 1month and 10 days over good roads, bad roads and no roads and a lot of highway driving ,close to 3.2k kms , I can vouch for the grip,confidence levels these tyres provide and they also do a wonderful job w.r.t braking.

EDIT: What I'm trying to convey here is with time you will get used to the new tires.
P.S. I'm not kidding but these conti's are very tough tires. Though they are not as cushy as Michelins, but the tougher sidewalls are the biggest positive of the Continentals.

Last edited by Shanksta : 1st July 2013 at 11:03.

Most Viewed