Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2013, 13:29   #166
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Dear Friends
I have got new shoes for my innova vx bought in sept,2009.I had upgraded to michelin primacy lc 225/60r/15 in 2009 and now after driving for 70000 kms,I have changed the brand and got Yokohama 225/60r/15 'c' drives for Rs.7100/ per Tyre which come out to Rs.28400/- for a set of four.

The cost on Michelin primacy lc was Rs.10500/- so this time I decided to change the brand.I am happy with my purchase and will keep you guys updated about the performance of Yoko's.
braveheart_77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 19:50   #167
BHPian

70K KM, thats great! I too have yoko c drive and getting worsen around 36K KM!!! I too am planning to change car tyres. Just enquired about Bridgestone and got the quote of 8900 for turanza ER60!!!!!!!! The dealer is asking me to put normal tyre 205/65 for 5500 Rs each!! Looking for some more quotes, lets see!
Old 9th July 2013, 23:57   #168
BHPian

Dineshnan,I always try to follow timely service schedules and tyre maintenence. Normally I get tyres swapped,balanced and wheel alignment done after 5-6 thousand kms.

I'm surprised that you had to change tyres so soon.Its not in my innova but in all my other cars the tyres have lasted mores than 60-70 thousand kms.Try to maintain them after every 5000 kms.
Old 30th July 2013, 22:47   #169
BHPian

I've Yokohama C Drive 225/60r/15 - any thoughts on optimal pressure for these? I usually take the car out only for long drives (either highways or to Ooty) with just 3 people max. Have been setting it at 33psi, but these do look distinctly flatter than stock Bridgestones. These offer superb grip during monsoon driving, but by the look of it, I always doubt whether pressure is enough. Any pointers appreciated.
Old 1st August 2013, 20:25   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsbabu View Post
I've Yokohama C Drive 225/60r/15 - any thoughts on optimal pressure for these? I usually take the car out only for long drives (either highways or to Ooty) with just 3 people max. Have been setting it at 33psi, but these do look distinctly flatter than stock Bridgestones. These offer superb grip during monsoon driving, but by the look of it, I always doubt whether pressure is enough. Any pointers appreciated.
It is enough..they look flatter because the optimum rim mounting size for these tires is 6.5J but the innova is 6J. I normally kep 31 psi in my car for the same tires. Do not over inflate, the ride will be hard and the suspension will take a beating pretty quickly.
Buffetfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 23:57   #171
BHPian

Hi

My innova vx diesel 2011 completes 2yrs and 40000kms

previously run on goodyear gt3 made a foray into himalayas karnataka in the rains and host of other outstation trips grooves and trads look good but looking to change them for safety before i hit the highways.

want to have tyres with very good wet grip and toughness same size or upgrade as per suggestions may be considered.

previously on my honda city have used er60, potenza g3s(had a expressway incident resulting in crash when car slid due to aquaplaning in rains were 33000 old but were idle for long after arrival of innova)though have great faith in potenzas but tyre noise is def more.

no experience with cpc 2s michelins or yokos in budget options no experience with apollo mrf and goodyear assurance.

located in thane and mumbai any good tyre dealers who give good deals would be welcome suggestions.

have driven in all conditions over india but still want feedbacks as tyre knowledge is primitive.

from previous pages cpc2s seem impressive foll by xm2s and c drives.

any exp with goodyear assurance?

regards
'
praveen

Last edited by pravdr : 13th August 2013 at 23:59.
Old 16th August 2013, 22:08   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Goodyear Assurance is also a good tyre which you can seriously consider. XM2 is not in the same league as the Michelin Primacy LC/CPC2, etc...
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 15:33   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshnan View Post
70K KM, thats great! I too have yoko c drive and getting worsen around 36K KM!!! I too am planning to change car tyres. Just enquired about Bridgestone and got the quote of 8900 for turanza ER60!!!!!!!! The dealer is asking me to put normal tyre 205/65 for 5500 Rs each!! Looking for some more quotes, lets see!
hi
went to a tyre dealer and got to know er60 is being discontinued and replaced by ar10.just to keep everybody posted whether its true?really time will tell.

praveen
Old 18th August 2013, 15:37   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Goodyear Assurance is also a good tyre which you can seriously consider. XM2 is not in the same league as the Michelin Primacy LC/CPC2, etc...
hi

i got a quote for xm2 at 6450 /c drives 6300 /bridgestone B390 5550 /AR 10 5900.

Yet to get goodyear assurance quotation.nobody speaks of mrf hawk and apollo new range anyone in the knowhow?

has anyone bought apollo 4g alnac tyres?

Last edited by Eddy : 18th August 2013 at 17:14. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 2nd September 2013, 14:45   #175
BHPian

Alternative to Yokohama C-Drive

Folks,

It's been about 4.5 years since I got my Innova. I had upgraded the stock tyres to Yokohama C-Drive (225/60/R15) on the same day of delivery. However, it's time now to change them, with the vehicle having done about 46K kms.

Thought I'd add a few points about the C-Drive if it may benefit others. Please note that my drives are 90% in the city with very occasional 10% of highway drives:

Positives
1. Very good grip and driving confidence, especially at high speeds. Touched 140kmph+ on highway without a fuss.
2. Nice traction in rains.
3. Keeps going a long time even with unattended punctures (not advised)
4. That's it.

Negatives
1. Contrary to reviews saying the C-Drives are silent, they are not.
2. I must have had about 25 punctures so far (not sure if that's normal in city driving).
3. The dreaded tyre bulge appeared in the 5th month of ownership and dealer couldn't do anything about it. Apparently, the car had hit something at high speed. I had to put that tyre under the vehicle as a spare, though I couldn't have used it anyway.
4. The front left tyre developed a tear a few months ago and I had to put in a tube to keep the vehicle running until I had the chance to change all the tyres.

So, now is the time to get new tyres because the vehicle isn't able to touch 80kmph on the highway without the occupants feeling like they're in an earthquake! Thanks to the tube inside the tyre, which makes it impossible to get it balanced.

I'm not concluding that the C-Drives are bad, because there could be others with a better experience. But I'd like to try something else this time. Due to work engagements, I haven't really been keeping track of new options or for that matter the forum itself (my last post was in Feb 2011). Please help by suggesting an alternative to the C-Drive. I'm not very keen on buying them again.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Post moved. Please search existing threads before starting a new topic.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 2nd September 2013 at 17:02. Reason: Please search existing threads before starting a new topic.
Old 10th September 2013, 18:04   #176
LLL
BHPian

I think best is to stick to stock Bridgestone B390 or Goodyear GT3.
Old 5th October 2013, 23:57   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Hi my innova has completed 3.5 years and 47k on original good year gt3. Had one tyre going bust after 37k during my drive in goa.
have finalised on falken azenis or conti cpc2 both in oem size. Are these tyres prone to punctures?? any reviews about the two? my neighbourhood tyre shop insists on bridgestone ar10. Kindly advise.
Old 6th October 2013, 02:14   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Hi my innova has completed 3.5 years and 47k on original good year gt3. Had one tyre going bust after 37k during my drive in goa.
have finalised on falken azenis or conti cpc2 both in oem size. Are these tyres prone to punctures?? any reviews about the two? my neighbourhood tyre shop insists on bridgestone ar10. Kindly advise.
No idea about the Azenis. The CPC2 is pretty good.

The AR10 is also a nice tyre but maybe a little soft for the Innova.
Old 2nd November 2013, 16:51   #179
BHPian

Earlier this year, I had to change the OEM Goodyear tyres after 45K. After good research here chose Michelin XM2 over close second Yokohama. Sea change in ride quality and extremely happy with XM2. Got a cool offer of two T-shirts (for 4 tyres) of United Color of Benetton with Michelin Logo on arm side.

Just tantengial info, last year used XM1 for my Hyundai Getz and no complaints and again great upgrade on ride quality. I found Michelin much better than OEM Bridgestone for my Lexus in US around 5 years ago.
Old 2nd November 2013, 17:24   #180
BHPian

Quote:

No idea about the Azenis. The CPC2 is pretty good.

The AR10 is also a nice tyre but maybe a little soft for the Innova.
Went for pirelli cinturato P1 run about thousand kms performing well

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks