Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2013, 18:42   #181
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Went for pirelli cinturato P1 run about thousand kms performing well
Hey docaxe

What made you choose this tyre ? What is your feedback with regards to softness of ride, silence and grip ?
I'm very eager as i'm looking for new tyres for my Civic and haven't come across anyone using these tyres.
Old 3rd November 2013, 00:08   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed View Post
Hey docaxe What made you choose this tyre ? What is your feedback with regards to softness of ride, silence and grip ? I'm very eager as i'm looking for new tyres for my Civic and haven't come across anyone using these tyres.
My friend who has a Bridgestone select tyres suggested this tyre to me he said it's far more superior than others. Softness of ride is amazing road noise has disappeared and grip have to still check coz haven't taken it out for a long drive.will update end of month when I have a long scheduled mumbai Goa mangalore Bangalore mumbai trip.
Old 3rd December 2013, 13:49   #183
Senior - BHPian

I moved to Michelin XM2 in stock size 5 months back; have covered more than 6500 Kms in last 5 months.
  • XM2 tyres are silent up to speeds of 90-100 kmph on both tar & cement roads, damping on doors of my innova might be of some help here. Tyre noise hasn't changed much since purchase so far, hope this continues.
  • These offer good comfort & have managed to offer better grip on wet roads in monsoon.
  • Innova now just glides on good roads.
I will be measuring tyre wear once I rotate tyres in few days time.
Old 24th December 2013, 22:36   #184
BHPian

My Innova has clocked 62,000kms. Its time for an tyre change. We had Bridgestone B390 (205/65R15 94H) which were stock tyres.I read the above views regarding Bridgestone, Goodyear, Michelin ,Continental among others.

I'd really love to know what people think about the new Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres. Yokohama claims that it's 'Designed for India'. I know that they do sell for the exact same specs for the Innova(205/65R15 94H). Should I go for the Yokohama Earth-1 ? or settle for something else?
Old 24th December 2013, 23:55   #185
BHPian

Yokohama Earth-1 tyres are not that good what we assume them to be is what we were told when we went to upgrade our stock tyres with higher ups. You should consider Bridgestone. My brother replaced the stock tyres of his innova v variant the same day he took delivery. The tyre dealers had all kinds of tyres but was more comfortable in selling us Bridgestone and other makes vs Yokohama. My feedback to you is purely based on our experience and dealers attitude and not as an actual user.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 01:21   #186
BHPian

I came across a new knowledge point recently, me rear left tyre for innova 2005 was loosing air (nitrogen) frequently over a period of time, this time when I went for a top up to my tyre guy at the neighbourhood he said that the tyre has a puncture, when he opened up the same and checked it for punctures, he almost found 4 small (really small) punctures, he checked the tyre and said that it is a 2010 tyre and the life of rubber is at its end, though plenty of tread left
He said that the life of a tyre is around 3 years, mine is 2010 Bridgestone

While I arrested the problem by putting in a tyre

The question is what is the life of a tyre in years (he said that the average age of the tyre is only 2.5 to 3years) any knowledge on the topic will be highly appreciated
Old 25th December 2013, 17:25   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
The question is what is the life of a tyre in years
Generally, 4 to 5 years is a good time to replace tyres as tyre rubber starts to get hard.
Old 26th December 2013, 19:28   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Yokohama Earth-1 tyres are not that good what we assume them to be is what we were told when we went to upgrade our stock tyres with higher ups. You should consider Bridgestone. My brother replaced the stock tyres of his innova v variant the same day he took delivery. The tyre dealers had all kinds of tyres but was more comfortable in selling us Bridgestone and other makes vs Yokohama. My feedback to you is purely based on our experience and dealers attitude and not as an actual user.
Thanks , Appreciate It. So im going for Bridgestone AR10 or Michelin XM2.
Old 27th December 2013, 02:28   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr_1445 View Post
My Innova has clocked 62,000kms. Its time for an tyre change. We had Bridgestone B390 (205/65R15 94H) which were stock tyres.I read the above views regarding Bridgestone, Goodyear, Michelin ,Continental among others.

I'd really love to know what people think about the new Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres. Yokohama claims that it's 'Designed for India'. I know that they do sell for the exact same specs for the Innova(205/65R15 94H). Should I go for the Yokohama Earth-1 ? or settle for something else?
If it is yokohama, I would suggest the C.Drive . While they are also available in 205/65R15 I have them in 225/60R15 and love the grip and silence on offer
Old 27th December 2013, 11:16   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr_1445 View Post
Thanks , Appreciate It. So im going for Bridgestone AR10 or Michelin XM2.
On the onset, let me clarify that I'm in no way batting for Yokohama here.
The OTP clearly said his comment is based on dealer's talk. In most cases dealer's will push and want to sell those products that either give them a higher margin or ones that they have excess stock of. At times it is even to meet targets because of incentives or foreign trips offered by the manufacturers.
Always try and get a first hand account or actual user opinion before you make a buying decision.
Old 10th January 2014, 23:13   #191
BHPian

I got 225/60/15 Yokohama C drive 7.5k per tyre today got my Bridgestone exchanged for 5k per tyre. The tyre have a lit of flex in side wall and very comnfy and silent. I have an issue though. At speeds around 100+ there is a slight hum from driver side of the car. Is it due to tyre?
Old 11th January 2014, 13:09   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post
I got 225/60/15 Yokohama C drive 7.5k per tyre today got my Bridgestone exchanged for 5k per tyre.
Which Bridgestone did you have ?Stock B390 ? And did u have to change your rims?
Old 11th January 2014, 14:09   #193
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post
I got 225/60/15 Yokohama C drive 7.5k per tyre today got my Bridgestone exchanged for 5k per tyre. The tyre have a lit of flex in side wall and very comnfy and silent. I have an issue though. At speeds around 100+ there is a slight hum from driver side of the car. Is it due to tyre?
This hum on Innova is audible when engine rpm is over 2500 and speeds over 80Km/hr and the passenger load is just one driver. This humming is from the Turbo Fan and at times is like a whistle.

Definitely it is not the tyres.
kapursaket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 15:50   #194
BHPian

Yes they were b390 stock and I am still using the stock rims. Fits perfect on them.

About humming noise I put the car in neutral and the voice was still there so it was effectively at 800rpm or whatever rpm the car idles
Old 12th January 2014, 09:34   #195
BHPian

Will be changing my Innova tyres this week. The tyres have done about 50,000km. They are Bridgestone B390s. Was not very happy with the way they performed. Road noise is onthe higher side and grip in wet conditions is very poor.

Thinking of going for Michelin XM 2. Now my real problem is that I go on bad roads a lot. Are these tyres too delicate?This will be my third set of tyres.

P.s. Had put Onyx brand alloys even they got bent. I would advise you to avoid this brand.And always buy a set of 5 not 4.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks