Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2012, 12:40   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Should be fine, if there is no damages. I think there is sufficient tread left, and these are only 2009.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 12:44   #122
Team-BHP Support

Re-check after another 10k. Look just fine to me.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 13:14   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
My friends 2009 Innova running on stock goodyears has completed ~49k kms.

Tires have "May 2009" as manufactured date.

Are these tires good for another 10-20k kms?
Attachment 914313

Attachment 914314
Are those the 1st set?

That is not bad at all, for a 49k old set. Some good and careful driving practices, I assume. I think it would be good for another 20k (or 10-15k if there is a lot of highway driving), unless the tyre-wall shows signs of ageing or damage. (cracks/bulges..)

My Santro has done 45k and has never seen the highway. The tread on it doesn't look as good as this. Also because my car is nine years old now.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th April 2012 at 13:15.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 13:15   #124
Senior - BHPian

They sre definitely good for another 10k at least.
Old 12th April 2012, 23:54   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
My friends 2009 Innova running on stock goodyears has completed ~49k kms.

Tires have "May 2009" as manufactured date.

Are these tires good for another 10-20k kms?
The tread depth seems to be OK - so there won't be any serious grip or braking issues.

But @49K Kms, the sidewalls would have lots most of its strength. He stands risking a ripped sidewall on highway runs - he has to especially watch out for flying stones etc.
Old 13th April 2012, 10:49   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
My Santro has done 45k and has never seen the highway. The tread on it doesn't look as good as this. Also because my car is nine years old now.
Off Topic: Are you serious to continue to use those tyres? Rubber would have hardened by now in these 9 years & sidewall would have developed small cracks. Please change tyres at the earliest or before monsoon this year.
Old 13th April 2012, 11:30   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Off Topic: Are you serious to continue to use those tyres? Rubber would have hardened by now in these 9 years & sidewall would have developed small cracks. Please change tyres at the earliest or before monsoon this year.
OT

On it, Sir. I've been short of funds and that's what has been keeping me away from swapping the old tyres with new ones. You're right. It has hardened and has developed small cracks.

I appreciate the concern.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th April 2012 at 11:34.
Old 9th June 2012, 14:43   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
I went to one dealer here who has both brands with him, he was claiming that C drive is more noisy then MXV8. As per him MXV8 is much much better then C drive. Is that So Team ?
After owing the tires for some time now, do you agree with the dealer on the noise - my C.Drives have aged pretty well with NO NOISE though after bursting one tire, two of the remaining 4 look ready for a change in the next 5-10k kms

Last edited by Buffetfan : 9th June 2012 at 14:47.
Old 9th June 2012, 20:05   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
After owing the tires for some time now, do you agree with the dealer on the noise - my C.Drives have aged pretty well with NO NOISE though after bursting one tire, two of the remaining 4 look ready for a change in the next 5-10k kms
Not really as I have driven C-Drive almost 65K km. But to be frank Innova itself sound bit loud, so its not possible to hear tyre noise.
Old 22nd July 2012, 13:38   #130
Senior - BHPian

With one tyre damage, I am left with 3 from set of 4 Yoko C tyres having run 20k.
I would definitely need to buy 1 Yoko C. But that would create imbalance of 3 with 20k and 1 with 0. I am thinking, I should buy 2 tyres and put for regular use to balance out and keep 1 of the remaining 3 as spare. My existing spare is anyway run out due to aging being one from time of delivery in 2005, but which has been hardly used so had kept it as it is. Another option would have been to get about 20k run Yoko C but which seems like a distant possibility to find it. Your thoughts pls?
Old 23rd July 2012, 03:24   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
With one tyre damage, I am left with 3 from set of 4 Yoko C tyres having run 20k.
I would definitely need to buy 1 Yoko C. But that would create imbalance of 3 with 20k and 1 with 0. I am thinking, I should buy 2 tyres and put for regular use to balance out and keep 1 of the remaining 3 as spare. My existing spare is anyway run out due to aging being one from time of delivery in 2005, but which has been hardly used so had kept it as it is. Another option would have been to get about 20k run Yoko C but which seems like a distant possibility to find it. Your thoughts pls?
My suggestion is to purchase two and put them on the rear axle, where they will wear out faster owing to the fact that the Innova is rear wheel drive. Also, always put the newer tires in rear no matter what the car is.

Finally, this is the reason I always purchase 5 tires - even if one gives out, we can carry on with other similarly aged 4 pieces and use some old jugaad as spare.
Buffetfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 08:44   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My suggestion is to purchase two and put them on the rear axle, where they will wear out faster owing to the fact that the Innova is rear wheel drive. Also, always put the newer tires in rear no matter what the car is.
Nice suggestions. Thanks for confirming.

Quote:
Finally, this is the reason I always purchase 5 tires - even if one gives out, we can carry on with other similarly aged 4 pieces and use some old jugaad as spare.
I did not purchase 5 at the time of change because the spare was good enough to be a spare only, has been rarely used as such till date, but it has aged with age, the 5th Yoko would have been just sitting idle aging itself without any use. Now I think one of the Yokos is aged with use which can be put to spare use while 2 new ones will do duty on rear.
Old 23rd July 2012, 18:41   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Nice suggestions. Thanks for confirming.

I did not purchase 5 at the time of change because the spare was good enough to be a spare only, has been rarely used as such till date, but it has aged with age, the 5th Yoko would have been just sitting idle aging itself without any use. Now I think one of the Yokos is aged with use which can be put to spare use while 2 new ones will do duty on rear.
Hi - I do a 5 tire rotation every 10 k (5 k is better though) that ensures every tire wears out same. Buying 5 tires upfront just ensures that we have 4 of the same model in case the model is not produced anymore
Old 30th August 2012, 12:30   #134
BHPian

Hi Tyre aficionados,

I plan to change the tyres on my 2005 Innova. I have done 50,000 kms (only) and the stock tyres (Bridgestone) have help up pretty well till now. But i know that they are due to be replaced and i want to do this next week.

I have been reading a lot of reviews in this space, and i find a consensus on Yoko C drive.

Should i go for the regular size (I generally use the Innova when going out of Bangalore - on the highways) 205/65/R15 or 225/60/R15. If i choose, 225/60/R15 do i need to change the rim?

How does Bridgestone compare with Yoko? Is it worth comparing?

What is the cost for each of the above options in Bangalore and where do you recommend me to buy (Bangalore)
Old 30th August 2012, 13:35   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverikMahesh View Post
Hi Tyre aficionados,

I plan to change the tyres on my 2005 Innova. I have done 50,000 kms (only) and the stock tyres (Bridgestone) have help up pretty well till now. But i know that they are due to be replaced and i want to do this next week.

I have been reading a lot of reviews in this space, and i find a consensus on Yoko C drive.

Should i go for the regular size (I generally use the Innova when going out of Bangalore - on the highways) 205/65/R15 or 225/60/R15. If i choose, 225/60/R15 do i need to change the rim?

How does Bridgestone compare with Yoko? Is it worth comparing?

What is the cost for each of the above options in Bangalore and where do you recommend me to buy (Bangalore)
You have been running on dead tyres The rubber must have hardened even if it may look good. At best 5yrs life would have been good. Suggest you stick to stock size unless warranted for any special use or you want that chunky look.

Caution about Yokos, their sidewall is on softer side than competition and prone to sidewall damage, already have that experience. But I think their driving performance is better, I find their grip and braking on wet surfaces really good, allows me to easily cruise at high speeds without bother. Also, IMO they are more silent.

Additionally, check out newly launched Michelin XM2, their sidewall seems thicker than C-Drive as I checked last, but can't say about other differences.

Last edited by bblost : 30th August 2012 at 14:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks