Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2012, 10:59   #136
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
You have been running on dead tyres The rubber must have hardened even if it may look good. At best 5yrs life would have been good. Suggest you stick to stock size unless warranted for any special use or you want that chunky look.

Caution about Yokos, their sidewall is on softer side than competition and prone to sidewall damage, already have that experience. But I think their driving performance is better, I find their grip and braking on wet surfaces really good, allows me to easily cruise at high speeds without bother. Also, IMO they are more silent.

Additionally, check out newly launched Michelin XM2, their sidewall seems thicker than C-Drive as I checked last, but can't say about other differences.
Finally, i have changed the shoes of my Innova. Went in for Yokohama C drive 225/60/R15. The best price i could get was 7000 / tyre. Lets see how they fare. I am going on a weekend trip to Ooty (from Bangalore)
Old 3rd September 2012, 11:11   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverikMahesh View Post
Finally, i have changed the shoes of my Innova. Went in for Yokohama C drive 225/60/R15. The best price i could get was 7000 / tyre. Lets see how they fare. I am going on a weekend trip to Ooty (from Bangalore)
Cool. Enjoy the smooth silent grippy ride for miles to come. Just be little extra careful while road-side parking or going thru ditches that the sidewalls are not badly scrapped. Nice price too I guess. I could get 6100 recently for standard 205/65 R15 profile as I had to change a damaged tire.
Old 4th September 2012, 10:00   #138
BHPian

I see that the Yokohama C Drives are quite respected, but the sidewall thing does bother me because potholes are a way of life and there is a limited working around. Are there similar high quality tyres that you guys suggest that have stronger sidewalls?
Old 4th September 2012, 10:11   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
I see that the Yokohama C Drives are quite respected, but the sidewall thing does bother me because potholes are a way of life and there is a limited working around. Are there similar high quality tyres that you guys suggest that have stronger sidewalls?
Suggest you check out Michelin XM2 launched recently. They are on pricier side but seem to be better than XM1 and C Drives, also their sidewall seems to be pretty thick in comparison.
Old 13th September 2012, 12:12   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Suggest you check out Michelin XM2 launched recently. They are on pricier side but seem to be better than XM1 and C Drives, also their sidewall seems to be pretty thick in comparison.
The XM2 is available but in the stock size, not in the upsized version. Any other choices in the upsized version?

Also does anyone here have the figures on what the tyre pressures need to be for the front/rear? What are the stock ones and do they change based on upsizing the tyres?

Thanks
Old 13th September 2012, 22:37   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The XM2 is available but in the stock size, not in the upsized version. Any other choices in the upsized version?

Also does anyone here have the figures on what the tyre pressures need to be for the front/rear? What are the stock ones and do they change based on upsizing the tyres?

Thanks
The options are pretty less, C-Drive, XM1, XM2, Turanza/Potenza. But of the lot, C-Drive performance on wet/dry and grip could be better. Today once more experienced the grip and ultimate control on wet surface of C-Drives at high speeds on Mumbai Pune EWay, and I am once again floored. They just seem too good, alas for the weak tirewall.

Stock size tyre pressure should be 32/33 depending upon loading.
parsh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 09:19   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Quote:
The options are pretty less, C-Drive, XM1, XM2, Turanza/Potenza. But of the lot, C-Drive performance on wet/dry and grip could be better. Today once more experienced the grip and ultimate control on wet surface of C-Drives at high speeds on Mumbai Pune EWay, and I am once again floored. They just seem too good, alas for the weak tirewall.

Stock size tyre pressure should be 32/33 depending upon loading.
Sorry forgot Primacy LC, which should be quite comparable to C-Drive.
Old 14th September 2012, 09:44   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry forgot Primacy LC, which should be quite comparable to C-Drive.
I believe the upsize is available in Primary LC and not the XM2. I'm still thinking if I should upsize or just get a regular stock size XM2.

Have you guys noticed any significant changes in comfort level after the upsize?
Old 14th September 2012, 10:24   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe the upsize is available in Primary LC and not the XM2. I'm still thinking if I should upsize or just get a regular stock size XM2.

Have you guys noticed any significant changes in comfort level after the upsize?
Before deciding, consider various aspects:

+ chunkier look & feel
+ larger surface area contact means better grip, better performance and comfort: but should not be too big a difference, people who up-sized may comment. IMO it doesn't make too great a difference and 205X65 profile is good enough on all perspectives on most of terrains.

- loss of FE
- aberration in speed, distance, ODO

Not considering cost factor, otherwise why would you think about up-sizing

Comparison courtesy 1010tires.com:
Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-1010tires-205-vs-225.jpg
parsh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2012, 00:55   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you regularly drive below 100-110 kmph and dont corner hard, pls stick to the regular size. If you like ripping the car a bit , pls upsize. There are no significant changes in comfort level after upsizing though ride becomes more sensitive to tire pressure IMHO.

I think that for the Innova, c.drives are the best. They are 25% cheaper than primacy LC so even if you lose one tire through 50k kms, the price compensates. And know that this is one of the most grippiest tires in the wet, very good in the dry and one that is very silent and offers a smooth ride.
I run C.Drives (225/60R15) on the Innova for the past 47k kms and I lost one tire as my wife put the car - tire sidewall first on a one foot high parapet wall corner. It gave out with the noise similar to a bomb blast. Till today, the rest 4 tires do not wobble and have excellent grip. I also changed over to C.Drives in the Baleno I own (It used to run on Michelin XM1's 185/65R14 and the size has remained same) and I can confirm that while Xm1 has sturdier construction, the C.Drive offer better ride, grip and silence.

So what will I buy in the Innova again - its a no brainer for me. The C.drive again

Last edited by Buffetfan : 15th September 2012 at 00:59.
Buffetfan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 23:14   #146
BHPian

Ran thru my second set of tyres 225 60 R 15 C Drives in 30 k. Severely disappointed with one sidewall cut, multiple punctures etc

Has anyone tried AT tyres on their innova.
Specifically Yoko Geolanders 205 70 R15?

I know it is not the perfect size hence asking
Old 24th September 2012, 11:58   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
Ran thru my second set of tyres 225 60 R 15 C Drives in 30 k. Severely disappointed with one sidewall cut, multiple punctures etc

Specifically Yoko Geolanders 205 70 R15?

I know it is not the perfect size hence asking
AT Tyres will be noisy and will futher stiffen the Innova ride. the 70 profile will increace GC by 10 mm but will make the vehicle top heavy and unstable on hard cornering
Old 25th September 2012, 16:42   #148
BANNED

Contemplating Tyre Change on My Innova G3 Diesel 2005

A peruse through the vast knowledge base of Team Bhpians has helped me conclude as follows

1) Since I have Steel rims I need to stick to Toyota recomendation of 205/65/R15
2)In light of Indian roads need a tyre with strong side walls, so it has to be a tyre tropicalised for India......Yokohama, Michilien and other imported tyres are ruled out.
3)Need to choose between Bridgestone Turanza ER 60 or Appollo Acceler or Good Year Assurance.

My Innova is clocking 49K and 07years but the Stock Bridgestone are still gleaming with more than even wear and still show off grooves. But surly the change is overdue for safety on highways.

Please help me decide between the above mentioned choices?
Old 25th September 2012, 19:05   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
Specifically Yoko Geolanders 205 70 R15 ?
I know of a guy whose Innova is shod with these. He uses the vehicle over kuccha / village roads, so is only concerned about ruggedness and increased GC. Yoko has 2 designs in this size now, check pic for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-yoko_innova.jpg  

Last edited by WasavaTyres : 25th September 2012 at 19:09.
Old 25th September 2012, 19:47   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
I know of a guy whose Innova is shod with these. He uses the vehicle over kuccha / village roads, so is only concerned about ruggedness and increased GC. Yoko has 2 designs in this size now, check pic for reference.
Left side is the A/T-S, would be less comfy, better off-terrain, preferred most
Right side is the H/T-S, would be more comfy, lesser(?) off-terrain

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks