Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2016, 17:50   #286
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
1. How about going for little up-size, 225/60 R15. I have read few good reviews about this upgrade, but this thread is pulling me back (http://www.tuneruniversity.com/blog/...-size-matters/). Any further comments?
During my 55k service I asked about this to my SA and got a negative reply.

2. Which tyre to go for? My requirement is Durable - Grip. I am more inclined towards Bridgestone. Confused between ER60/AR20/B390
I had good experience with ER60 on my previous car. How about this in Innova?
Got 4 new tyres for my Innova from Tyre Empire (HSR Layout, Bangalore). Initially i was thinking to go with 225/60 profile. But at the end got stock B390 thinking about my usage, as more than 50% will be in Bangalore city.
Old 4th June 2016, 19:02   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Got 4 new tyres for my Innova from Tyre Empire (HSR Layout, Bangalore). Initially i was thinking to go with 225/60 profile. But at the end got stock B390 thinking about my usage, as more than 50% will be in Bangalore city.
I also need 4 new tyres. Can you tell me how much did they cost you?
Old 4th June 2016, 20:43   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I also need 4 new tyres. Can you tell me how much did they cost you?
It's B390, stock profile.
Rs 5800 per tyre + 1200 for WA and balancing with Road Force.
Old 6th June 2016, 09:52   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rs 5800 per tyre + 1200 for WA and balancing with Road Force.
Good price for B390.
WA & balancing charges seem to be bit more. Wheel alignment should be 350/400 for Innova and balancing charges depend on add-on balancing weights for each wheel.
Old 21st June 2016, 20:29   #290
BHPian

Hi Friends

Need help on deciding my tire replacement. I need to replace my stock B390 Bridgestone after 50K run. Did complete Ladakh circuit and Spiti with them. Had good experince with these fellas - 4-5 punctures in last 3 years. ASS did a bad job of tyre rotation and I trusted them and now fronth tyres are more worn out than rear tyres. But no choice had to change all of them.
My Options are as follow and I am confused like hell, so please help. My need is good side walls (I keep on riding in inner maharashtra where potholes are common), low noise, decent life (I am happy with 50k as can not drive more than that in 3-4 years which I guess is anyway expiry time for tyres irrespective of kms)

1. one dealer is pushing Apollo Amazer 4G life with very long life, some unconditional warranty (btw I called the customer care and they said there is no warranty like this).
2. Yokohama Earth 1 or Avan DB (DB is for low noise but I am not sure about side wall)
3. Continue with Bridgestone B390 or go for AR20
4. Michelin XM2
5. Goodyear Assurance Duraplus

thanks in advance.
Old 21st June 2016, 22:10   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamtiwari View Post
Hi Friends

Need help on deciding my tire replacement. I need to replace my stock B390 Bridgestone after 50K run. Did complete Ladakh circuit and Spiti with them. Had good experince with these fellas - 4-5 punctures in last 3 years. ASS did a bad job of tyre rotation and I trusted them and now fronth tyres are more worn out than rear tyres. But no choice had to change all of them.
My Options are as follow and I am confused like hell, so please help. My need is good side walls (I keep on riding in inner maharashtra where potholes are common), low noise, decent life (I am happy with 50k as can not drive more than that in 3-4 years which I guess is anyway expiry time for tyres irrespective of kms)

1. one dealer is pushing Apollo Amazer 4G life with very long life, some unconditional warranty (btw I called the customer care and they said there is no warranty like this).
2. Yokohama Earth 1 or Avan DB (DB is for low noise but I am not sure about side wall)
3. Continue with Bridgestone B390 or go for AR20
4. Michelin XM2
5. Goodyear Assurance Duraplus

thanks in advance.

If you want grip and good ride quality go for Michelin XM2 eyes closed. Am on my second set now and have no reasons to complain at all. Have suffered fewer punctures in Michelins than the bridgestones and the wet grip is phenomenal too.
My suggestion would be
Michelin XM2>Yokohama Earth1
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 12:06   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My need is good side walls (I keep on riding in inner maharashtra where potholes are common), low noise, decent life (I am happy with 50k as can not drive more than that in 3-4 years which I guess is anyway expiry time for tyres irrespective of kms)
If your usage involves travel in interior Maharashtra, please continue with Bridgestone. AR20 offers comfortable ride compared to B390. Goodyear Assurance could be another option. Michelin/Yoko/Conti are better suited for paved roads than pothole ridden roads.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 12:30   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Low noise = Michelin XM2.

Durable = Bridgestone B390.

Pick between these two.

where does Yokohama Earth 1 fits in relation to above two.

My shortlisted candidates are Michelin XM2 and Yokohama Earth 1. I do not want to compromise on shoulder strength as potholes are very common in Maharashtra. Both are similarly priced. I am not too much enthused with B390 as stock tires have developed cracks in just 3 years even though they are not worn out and i did 50k with them, So no complain regarding mileage but cracks should not have appeared so fast.

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th June 2016, 12:12   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
where does Yokohama Earth 1 fits in relation to above two.

My shortlisted candidates are Michelin XM2 and Yokohama Earth 1. I do not want to compromise on shoulder strength as potholes are very common in Maharashtra. Both are similarly priced. I am not too much enthused with B390 as stock tires have developed cracks in just 3 years even though they are not worn out and i did 50k with them, So no complain regarding mileage but cracks should not have appeared so fast.

Thanks in advance.
Yokohama Earth 1 is good. Falls between those two but much closer to the Michelin in all respects. Comfort, silence, grip. Durability is also damn good. Durability of all 3 tyres are pretty good.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 13:35   #295

I'll vote for Yoko Earth for Innova. I've had them for around 20,000 km. Better than the older Yokohama and much superior to the original tyres. Twice I had to jam the brakes at high speed on highway. In both cases a tractor suddenly cut into the highway from the left when I was overtaking a truck). In both cases the vehicle remained steady, did not skid and slowed down to the tractor's speed.
hwatts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 14:33   #296
Senior - BHPian

Michelin Primacy SUV

Does anyone have any insights about Michelin "Primacy SUV"? I know Primacy 3ST is a well regarded tyre but i am hearing about Primacy SUV for the first time. Any reviews or information regarding this tyre is much appreciated.

http://www.michelin.com.au/AU/en/tir...imacy-SUV.html
Old 4th August 2016, 07:33   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwatts View Post
I'll vote for Yoko Earth for Innova. I've had them for around 20,000 km. Better than the older Yokohama and much superior to the original tyres. Twice I had to jam the brakes at high speed on highway. In both cases a tractor suddenly cut into the highway from the left when I was overtaking a truck). In both cases the vehicle remained steady, did not skid and slowed down to the tractor's speed.
I too had Innova's stock tyres changed to Earth 1 straight after showroom delivery. Clocking 31000 Km now with plenty of running on NH-21/22/7 in last 22 months with fully loaded roof carrier. Pleasant comfortable rides, no complaints at all. Three punctures till now - all in Delhi.
DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 10:20   #298
BHPian

I went for chinese tyres 6 months back, after that I have done multiple road trips, cross-country, high speed, water logged off reading with full load, no issues whatsoever. Git all the tyres for 12k. I am happy
Anupam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 13:42   #299
BHPian

I have changed my company stock tires to Yokohama C.drive AC01 on 30380 kms lon May 2015 , now its 65k . all the tyres are kind of worn out even after regular alignment checks. Attaching the pics :-(

Can someone recommend me a tyre which will last more?
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-tyre1.jpg  

Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-tyre2.jpg  

Old 7th September 2016, 15:11   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.olympus View Post
all the tyres are kind of worn out even after regular alignment checks.
Shocking to see tyres having excessive wear in 35k kms, good part is that wear is even.
If you have been following alignment at same place in last 35k kms, please change it. What tyre pressures were you maintaining & have you faced any other issues?

Quote:
Can someone recommend me a tyre which will last more?
I guess C-drives were with 225 section, please get back to stock size 205 if possible. If usage is within city on well laid roads, choose among Yoko Earth1, Michelin XM2 or Bridgestone AR20. If usage is on mix of city & rural roads, try among Bridgestone B390, Goodyear Assurance.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks