Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2014, 12:11   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post

As you have already used ER60, please try MY02 this time.

With the time you have taken for making tyre purchase decision, tyre prices would happily change northwards.
Is AR 20 not better than ER 60 ?
Old 28th January 2014, 14:07   #152
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bridgestone Turanza - Very trust worthy!

AR20 is meant for high durability and can be noisy for you as you find ER60 noisy in 31.5K Kms, 4 years. Hence, felt you should try MY02 this time.
Old 28th January 2014, 17:33   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I have completed 31.5K Kms on ER60 in 4 years. Tyre noise has gone up, thinking to replace them at 35K Kms.
ER60 have been good, but grip wasnt too great.

I am stuck between AR20/ER60/MY02

What was the price you paid ?
I paid around 19k as a package deal all inclusive price (old tyres refund, balancing, alignment), for 4 tyres
Old 1st February 2014, 20:17   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
AR20 is meant for high durability and can be noisy for you as you find ER60 noisy in 31.5K Kms, 4 years. Hence, felt you should try MY02 this time.
Visited the near by bridgestone store to check the prices for BS MY 02.
Apparently MY02 has been discontinued. The dealer was pushing potenza G III, B290 or AR 20.
Looks like there are no options for me in bridgestone.
Old 12th May 2014, 12:14   #155

Does the Turanza not come in 205/55 R16 anymore?

Have these tyres on my Laura and I am pretty satisfied.

Now, I am changing the tyres and not able to find them listed on Bridgestone website.

What alternative would you guys recommend?
Old 18th May 2014, 03:37   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickgenius View Post
Does the Turanza not come in 205/55 R16 anymore?

Have these tyres on my Laura and I am pretty satisfied.

Now, I am changing the tyres and not able to find them listed on Bridgestone website.

Hey
Bridgestone Turanza GR90 ( I already have them in the jetta though in 215/55/16, but they also come in 205 as well)
I would also recommend you the new Potenza MY01 and MY02 series, which are available in 205/55/16 (please check the website again), as the only problem I have faced with my GR90s is that they aquaplane in static water in the rains but, only after they have been driven more than 50% of their thread, whereas I have never faced this problem with the Potenza G3s ever
Hope this is helpful
Cheers
Old 18th May 2014, 11:43   #157
Senior - BHPian

The GR90 was pulled from the market nearly two years back due to the ISI mark issue, you may find some old stock somewhere.

Have you also faced the issue of aqua planing in your Laura on these tires?

As an alternate you could look at the Ecopia also from Bridgestone. The other usual suspects would be the XM2 & the PS3 or is it the PST from Michelin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickgenius View Post
Does the Turanza not come in 205/55 R16

Was this a one off incident or have you seen this happen on a regular basis? I have the GR90 in my TJet+ and this does worry me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanboy View Post
Hey
Bridgestone Turanza GR90 ( I already have them in the jetta though in 215/55/16, but they also come in 205 as well)
the only problem I have faced with my GR90s is that they aquaplane in static water in the rains but, only after they have been driven more than 50% of their thread, whereas I have never faced this problem with the Potenza G3s ever
Hope this is helpful
Cheers
Old 18th May 2014, 15:49   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Was this a one off incident or have you seen this happen on a regular basis? I have the GR90 in my TJet+ and this does worry me.
Hey khoj... well I have always used Potenza G3s though they have their own set of problems, but they have always had immense grip on the road may it be wet or dry weather, whereas in GR90 they are extremely good in the beginning but as they wear out, they start loosing their wet surface grip and also start getting a lot of punctures and this isn't a one off incident but a problem and also the reason for their withdrawal from the Indian Market. I have also heard that Potenza MY01 have a few set og problems but MY02 are quite good...I have gone thru around 80% of the thread will get mine changed right before monsoon I.e mid-end June... So am going to be in the same dilemma soon lol )
Rest Ecopia is a budget series in the Bridgestone lineup, which I really am not a fan off as all the accidents I have had are due to understeer in the B250 series...
Old 28th January 2015, 16:05   #159
BHPian

Hi All. This query is for my uncle's Manza. It's time to replace the original Bridgestones as they're now wearing out. From my general understanding after reading the various tyre threads it appears that the Bridgestones are the toughest tyres around. That is the primary consideration as both my uncle and his driver are getting on in years and hence need tough trouble free tyres. Of course, then the next consideration is ride comfort and silence. So, assuming I've deduced correctly so far, the replacements will have to be Bridgestones.
The question now is .. Which Bridgestones ?
Turanza , ER60, ER300, AR 20 ..... 
There will be no upsizing. The original size will be maintained.
Experts please advise. Thanks.

Last edited by revvhed : 28th January 2015 at 16:08.
Old 29th January 2015, 14:15   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed View Post
Hi All. This query is for my uncle's Manza. It's time to replace the original Bridgestones as they're now wearing out.
============
I recommend AR-20. Relatively new. Serving my ride since 1 yr. Faced several pothole filled roads in kerala. Still managing to keep up as new.
Old 31st January 2015, 08:19   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed View Post
Hi All. This query is for my uncle's Manza. It's time to replace the original Bridgestones as they're now wearing out. From my general understanding after reading the various tyre threads it appears that the Bridgestones are the toughest tyres around. That is the primary consideration as both my uncle and his driver are getting on in years and hence need tough trouble free tyres. Of course, then the next consideration is ride comfort and silence. So, assuming I've deduced correctly so far, the replacements will have to be Bridgestones.
The question now is .. Which Bridgestones ?
Turanza , ER60, ER300, AR 20 ..... 
Hi revvhed

I am not sure about the tyre size for the Manza, I think it's either 185 or 195. You can look at the Turanza divison. ER 300 is a fairly old model but overall a good, reliable tyre. On the other hand, AR20's are hard to procure. You can go with either one of them, depending on the size and availability.

Do check out MRF ZLO as well. They suit our Indian road conditions really well. There's a lot of positive feedback on our forum regarding these tyres.

Last edited by Aston Singh : 31st January 2015 at 08:20.
Old 12th February 2015, 14:54   #162
BHPian

I have had awesome experience from BS Turanza ER-60 on 3 of my cars till now. Right now they are doing duty on my Swift ZDI (195/60 R15) with 58k on the odo and still atleast 8-10k life left. Corolla was running on OE Potenza RE88 with 56k's and almost gone, so time to change. Was interested only in Turanza ER60, but couldn't find it with any of the dealers (was available at Snapdeal, but when checked with them to share the manufacturing date, they refused and said it will be 2014 make and can't tell which month, so didnt risk buying from them). All of them said the ER60 has been discontinued and only the AR20 series is available. So, eventually settled for AR20 195/60 R15 @ 4800/- per tyre. Hope the AR20 will prove to be as good as the ER60's.
ScorpMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 21:09   #163
PSK

Hi All,
It is time to replace my upsized 175/70/R13 Turanza ER60s on my i10. Was looking for AR20, as that seems the best replacement from available information and inputs on this forum.

I couldn't get AR20 anywhere, so I contacted Bridgestone India and was told that they have not launched AR20 in 175/70/R13 in India yet. They were suggesting that I go for S290.

Is this info right ? Is AR20 not available at all in this size. Do I then go with S290 ?
Old 27th February 2015, 12:27   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSK View Post
Hi All,
It is time to replace my upsized 175/70/R13 Turanza ER60s on my i10. Was looking for AR20, as that seems the best replacement from available information and inputs on this forum.

I couldn't get AR20 anywhere, so I contacted Bridgestone India and was told that they have not launched AR20 in 175/70/R13 in India yet. They were suggesting that I go for S290.

Is this info right ? Is AR20 not available at all in this size. Do I then go with S290 ?

AR20 do come in this size. At least that's what the Bridgestone India website says. So the help desk is passing on incorrect information.

But yes the stock is not available anywhere. It's very difficult to find a dealer with AR20s. You might want to check other brands. Why stick to Bridgestone only?!
Old 1st March 2015, 16:58   #165
PSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
AR20 do come in this size. At least that's what the Bridgestone India website says. So the help desk is passing on incorrect information.

But yes the stock is not available anywhere. It's very difficult to find a dealer with AR20s. You might want to check other brands. Why stick to Bridgestone only?!
Yes, the size 175/70/R13 is listed under AR20 in the Bridgestone India site. However, I spoke to a sales person at Bridgestone, and he said that AR20 in this size has not been launched in India yet. I have no reason to disbelieve him, as not a single outlet seems to have had this.

Why only Bridgestone ? Fair question. I have had two instances of ruptured side-walls, though a few years back. Hence, not sure that I want to go for A-series or XM2, as all reviews and inputs on these forums talk of their soft side walls. Hence, Bridgestone. Not sure I want to get into any of the other Indian brands.

Most Viewed