Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2011, 20:12   #121

Re: Bridgestone Turanza - Very trust worthy!

Hey guys!Need some help here.

Have booked a cruze ltz and expecting the delivery this monday. The tyre size is 205/60/R 16. Had almost finalized on the yoko avs dbs till I chanced upon this thread. Somebody, please tell me if the Yokos are better as compared to the Turanza ER60.
My main need is good ride quality and will also be doing moderately high speeds (understatement!). The yokos are available in 215/60/ R16 as the 205 is out of stock!.

Somebody please advise soon so that I can have a good night sleep!

Thanks in advance,

Rajiv
Old 19th October 2011, 20:36   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivrao View Post
Hey guys!Need some help here.

Have booked a cruze ltz and expecting the delivery this monday. The tyre size is 205/60/R 16. Had almost finalized on the yoko avs dbs till I chanced upon this thread. Somebody, please tell me if the Yokos are better as compared to the Turanza ER60.
My main need is good ride quality and will also be doing moderately high speeds (understatement!). The yokos are available in 215/60/ R16 as the 205 is out of stock!.

Somebody please advise soon so that I can have a good night sleep!

Thanks in advance,

Rajiv
You won't go wrong with either, but my sense is that Turanza has the upper hand with durability while the Yokos will have an edge with ride quality, noise free(ness) and grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
I had changed to Turanza ER 60 ( 205/15) for my Octavia TDI about 2 years back. This has done over 62k kms now and still has 10% tread left in it- with completely even wear out.
And the good part is , it still does not have any side wall cuts , in spite of frequent drives through the pothole ridden Palakkad- Thrissur stretch . This is start contrast to the OEM GoodYears, which we quite prone to cuts.
Thanks Rasputin. I ended up with Yokos DB series AVS 550 and pretty satisfied so far, although it is only early days of my experience.
skjlives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 21:04   #123

Thanks skjlives.

will stick with the yokos then!

Rajiv
Old 9th September 2012, 16:44   #124
BHPian

Hey Guys...well i own a Jetta 2010 Production, which is ready for a tyre change and because of my extensive rural travelling 3 Alloy wheels are also due for a change as they are bent from numerous places.
I have chosen a set of chinese alloys made by Formula ONE and they are a replica of the New Jetta Highline alloy wheels. The OEM Alloy Size is 6.5J x16, where as the replacements are 7J x16, and the tyres that i intend to get are the Turanza GR90 now my queries...

1. Will this tiny alteration from 6.5 to 7 alloy size make any difference??If so then in a negative ay or positive???
2. If the answer to earlier question is no, then what is the perfect size recommended for the tyres, as i think 215/55/16 will suffice as against the OEM 205/55/16 which I feel will be thinner and what are the effects when it comes to maneuverability and comfort of the ride.
I hope some1 can really sort this problem out for me as i have been racking my brains since last week...
Regards
Karan
Old 30th June 2013, 02:49   #125
BHPian

Guys, I have read on this thread that the AR10s are really good for performance, ride and road noise. But after using the tyres for around 5000 kms, what I have to say is that the road noise is pretty bad with these and even the ride quality is not that great. One can feel all the bumps on the road.

That said, the performance is tops. Both dry and wet grip is highly impressive.
Old 6th July 2013, 02:18   #126
yuv
BHPian

Hi All,

I got myself 4 Bridgestone AR10's for my 2005 Camry. Unfortunately I didn't have much time to research as the tyres were required urgently but I did carry out the basic due diligence and went with my gut feeling. Besides, I did get a sweet deal on them.

The size is stock, 205/65R/15 and it has a 94V speed rating. The tyres are made in thailand but came with a bill and warranty. The ride seems to be a bit stiff but the grip is great. I have hardly driven after the change so will post more experiences later.

Interestingly the Bridgestone India website does not list this tyre at all and the AR 10's which are listed, have an H speed rating. Any idea why? Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 17:31   #127
yuv
BHPian

As an update: The stiffness is all but gone. The air pressure was 39 instead of 33 and after correcting that the ride has become extremely smooth and comfortable. Although its still very early days, but these are by far one of the best tyres i have ever used. And for those who wanted to know the price, its approx 5500/- a piece, which is actually the price of an ordinary H rated tyre.

Last edited by yuv : 7th July 2013 at 17:32.
Old 9th July 2013, 00:01   #128
BHPian

Got Bridgestone Turanza AR10 195/60 R15 88V for my Etios from Tyre Professionals last Friday. Still running-in but I can swear the improvement in ride quality.

Over stock size (185/60 R15) this size has done wonders, the ride is more pliant, the potholes are managed better, less road undulations are filtered.

The steering has become heavy and what it should have been from the beginning.

I have done around 500kms on all type of roads and overall it's a pleasant experience. Thanks to Nikhilb2008 for a wonderful experience and a good bargain.

My only worry is that the tires are made in Thailand and 4 of them are manufactured in May 2011 and one is a 2012 make.

I called up Nikhilb2008 to clarify the manufacturing date but he didn't pickup perhaps because he was busy.

Nikhilb2008 please clarify my doubt about the manufacturing date so that I can sleep peacefully.

Thanks.
Old 9th July 2013, 14:04   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
G

My only worry is that the tires are made in Thailand and 4 of them are manufactured in May 2011 and one is a 2012 make.

I called up Nikhilb2008 to clarify the manufacturing date but he didn't pickup perhaps because he was busy.

Nikhilb2008 please clarify my doubt about the manufacturing date so that I can sleep peacefully.

Thanks.
Hey mroptimist,

Good to know about the positive changes you felt in your vehicle.

However, not to dampen your spirits or steal the peace off your sleep but just passing a general information, ideally one should look for tyres as new as possible. Mostly in the range of 6-8 months and ideally not more than an year as the rubber compounds tend to become hard over time, even in the storage. I see that some of your tires are about 2 years old. But since you have already got them installed, do not worry about it anymore. Just keep it in mind for the next change.
Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 14:22   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Got Bridgestone Turanza AR10 195/60 R15 88V for my Etios from Tyre Professionals last Friday. Still running-in but I can swear the improvement in ride quality.

Over stock size (185/60 R15) this size has done wonders, the ride is more pliant, the potholes are managed better, less road undulations are filtered.

The steering has become heavy and what it should have been from the beginning.

I have done around 500kms on all type of roads and overall it's a pleasant experience. Thanks to Nikhilb2008 for a wonderful experience and a good bargain.

Thanks.
What price did you get those for? And, how is the noise? I imagine AR10 is the latest available model. I can see people mentioning ER60 and other names earlier in other posts in this thread. Are those still available?
Old 9th July 2013, 15:27   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Hey mroptimist,

Good to know about the positive changes you felt in your vehicle.

However, not to dampen your spirits or steal the peace off your sleep but just passing a general information, ideally one should look for tyres as new as possible. Mostly in the range of 6-8 months and ideally not more than an year as the rubber compounds tend to become hard over time, even in the storage. I see that some of your tires are about 2 years old. But since you have already got them installed, do not worry about it anymore. Just keep it in mind for the next change.
Regards,
Saket
According to thr following link, from the date of manufacture, one can use the tyre for a maximum of 6 years. Assuming that I'll change the tyres of my Etios after 3 years from now I should be safe. I just wanted tyre gurus to comfort me.
http://www.bridgestone.com.au/tyres/.../care/age.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanish View Post
What price did you get those for? And, how is the noise? I imagine AR10 is the latest available model. I can see people mentioning ER60 and other names earlier in other posts in this thread. Are those still available?
I paid 5150 INR per tyre. Remember these are thai imported "V" rated tyres (may be premium over "H" rated Indian tyres). As nikhilb2008 told me Bridgestone India have discontinued ER60 in certain sizes (195/60 R15 may be one of the discontinued size) and replaced them with AR10.

Currently nobody seems to have the stock of ER60 in the aforementioned size.
Fresh stock of ER60 is expected end of this month.

Regarding the performance of AR10, as I am still running them in (covered only 500kms), I won't be able to give you a definite reply (too early to tell). I'll review their performance after I cover 2000kms.

Thanks.
mroptimist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 15:31   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
According to thr following link, from the date of manufacture, one can use the tyre for a maximum of 6 years. Assuming that I'll change the tyres of my Etios after 3 years from now I should be safe. I just wanted tyre gurus to comfort me.
http://www.bridgestone.com.au/tyres/.../care/age.aspx
Hey,

What you read is exactly right but what I posted was not at all on the lines of safety. Its more about the hardness of the rubber compound due to degradation in storage. It makes the ride quality suffer, a wee bit. Hence, the newer, the better.
Assuming that you will change this set in next 3-4 years, you are definitely safe on these lines.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 19:55   #133
BHPian

I am looking to change my innova tyres and just got the quotes from Bridgestone. 205/65 R15 B390 tyres for 5500 Rs each and Turanza ER60 225/60 R15 for 8900 Rs each. Do you guys think this is normal quote for Turanza?
Old 8th September 2013, 00:05   #134
Senior - BHPian

Guys,which one is better between Turanza ER 60 and RE 88 and why?
Old 8th September 2013, 00:57   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Guys,which one is better between Turanza ER 60 and RE 88 and why?
None of them. What size are you looking at? Both models you mention are more than a decade old in the market. There are far better options now.

Most Viewed