Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2008, 18:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Wobbling tyre

Dear All,

I have a Zen 98 carb. I had rear side wobbling problem in my car. Took it to A.S.S and he advised that the problem is due to old tyre. Old GOOD year rear tyre (driver side) was out of shape. But i was surprised to see that along the circumference, half of the tyre had perfect grip and other half was complete bald and radials were out. As advised by A.S.S guy, i replaced both the rear tyres. Now the ride is good but while riding i get a sound as if there is puncture in the rear tyre. Upon observing the new tyre through rear view mirror during ride, found that the tyre is wobbling while in motion but the wobble isnt experienced by rear passanger or by driver.

Any one experienced this problem?
now i fear due to some problem, the new tyre might also wareout like old one

Could this be a problem with the bearing ( because i get buzzzzz sound in the rear which i believe is of worn out bearing). Alos my rear suspension are due for change this service.

Guys kindly advise.
Old 7th August 2008, 20:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Get your tires alligned and balanced buddy. Hope it will solve the problem
Old 8th August 2008, 01:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

One side bald & other side fine is due to incorrect wheel alignment. Also, since your car is already 10 years old all 4 tyres of your car should have been replaced anyway.

And do get your suspension work done before the alignment issues spoil your new tyres too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks