Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2008, 21:13   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Michelin has indeed come back with an offer, we'll probably finalise something on Monday when their representative is going to come & meet me.
What the latest buddy? Any resolution?
Old 15th November 2008, 20:59   #62
Team-BHP Support

What the latest buddy? Any resolution?
Old 15th November 2008, 23:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

Im in to know the outcome as well
Old 16th November 2008, 01:14   #64
BHPian

was the mission successful iraghava??
Old 19th November 2008, 20:15   #65
BHPian

I had a very similar experience with these same tires on my Palio a couple of months back. I ran 195/60-14 on the stock alloy rims, and developed bulges and uneven wear. I had to toss the set of Michelin Pilot Precedias in less than 5,000 k.m.

I did complain to the dealer, but that was just a waste of time. He blamed my suspension alignment, even though he did a "free" alignment when I purchased the set of tires.

Complained to Michelin, and they did not really want to accept any liability.

Bottom line is that I will definitely not purchase another set of Pilot Precedia and probably not another set of tires from Michelin India. Michelin India needs to learn a lot about customer satisfaction from their parent company.
Old 19th November 2008, 21:45   #66
BHPian

How can Michelin do this to tyre bhagwan at t-bhp.
Curious on update/resolution.
Old 19th November 2008, 23:51   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

A tyre shop told me that most michellin tyres, especially the Indian stock are made in china?
Old 20th November 2008, 02:45   #68
Senior - BHPian

Well they proposed something but much later after the claim and as a result the compensation was so paltry I told them to keep it & stuff it up their back sides. Will post full details of the same here tomorrow.

Sahil - That's not true. Actually, most tyres for our market are Made in Thailand.
Old 20th November 2008, 15:50   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

iraghava: It's really sad that such an incident happens to a person like you who eats,sleeps,breathes tyres
I know Michelin are brilliant tyres and provide good comfort and grip, but i'm almost convinced that they aren't the best suited for our roads. Although they are highly recommended on this forum, it is evident that several buldging sidewall cases have come up. I too experienced this when I was running on Michelin Certis on my Accord.
Would you still recommend Michelin or go back to getting a new set after this experience? In particular the PP2s?
Old 20th November 2008, 23:03   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well they proposed something but much later after the claim and as a result the compensation was so paltry I told them to keep it & stuff it up their back sides. Will post full details of the same here tomorrow.

Sahil - That's not true. Actually, most tyres for our market are Made in Thailand.

That is very similar to what happened to me. The regional manager asked the local Michelin manager to offer me some type of conciliatory gift or discount, which the the local guy did not even do when I talked to him. There was no way that I was going to beg this guy to throw a few rupees worth of paltry gifts or discounts at me to compensate for Rs. 16,400 of useless tires.

I will definitely NOT be buying any more Michelin tires in India. They are certainly not worth the price premium that they command in other markets.

Moral of the story is: Research all tire brands, negotiate hard with the respective dealers and get the best value for your money. And do not pay a premium price for ANY brand.
Old 22nd November 2008, 17:21   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I know Michelin are brilliant tyres and provide good comfort and grip. . . . Although they are highly recommended on this forum, it is evident that several buldging sidewall cases have come up.
Is this a problem with PP2s alone or do people using Michelin Xm1's also face the "bulging" problem?
On my Baleno, after 14000 kms, I have no problems with the XM1s, though I scan my tyres constantly to see if anything is coming up.
Old 23rd November 2008, 05:45   #72
Senior - BHPian

I used XM1's over varied terrain/climate/speeds on my Swift Diesels and I had no issues, would buy them again. In fact, too much bulging reported on Bridgestones was what made me switch to Michelin.

Seems PP's have weaker sidewalls than XM1(tyre experts please do not flame me if I am wrong), so maybe they start bulging when stressed in the Indian terrain.
Old 26th November 2008, 16:07   #73
Senior - BHPian

@iraghava

Please post update on what the Michelin guys are upto.
Eagerly awaiting for the details..

Cheers
Old 26th November 2008, 16:40   #74
Senior - BHPian

its about 5k kms of running on the XM1+ till now no surprises but am getting scared now i miss the turanzas which my OHC had

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
I had a very similar experience with these same tires on my Palio a couple of months back. I ran 195/60-14 on the stock alloy rims, and developed bulges and uneven wear. I had to toss the set of Michelin Pilot Precedias in less than 5,000 k.m.

I did complain to the dealer, but that was just a waste of time. He blamed my suspension alignment, even though he did a "free" alignment when I purchased the set of tires.

Complained to Michelin, and they did not really want to accept any liability.

Bottom line is that I will definitely not purchase another set of Pilot Precedia and probably not another set of tires from Michelin India. Michelin India needs to learn a lot about customer satisfaction from their parent company.
Old 26th November 2008, 22:07   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
I used XM1's over varied terrain/climate/speeds on my Swift Diesels and I had no issues, would buy them again. In fact, too much bulging reported on Bridgestones was what made me switch to Michelin.

Seems PP's have weaker sidewalls than XM1(tyre experts please do not flame me if I am wrong), so maybe they start bulging when stressed in the Indian terrain.

Pilot Precedeas and other performance tires typically have stiffer, thicker sidewalls than standard tires. It could be that potholed roads tend to permanently dent the stiff sidewalls.

Most Viewed