Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2013, 09:55   #76
BHPian

re: Indica Vista : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

165/80/R14 works well with the SWIFT. Will it suit the Vista? As i mentioned I need a tyre with broad sidewalls.
Old 18th May 2013, 14:29   #77
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ya ,

My Indica vista Quadrajet refresh just completed 40,000 and the service is competed.

It seems like this is the right time to start checking for the tires , any way i nned to replace the tires before the monsoon comes.

currently i have the stock bridgestones which is almost out of rubber on 5 tires.

1. do i really need to up size ? (what all are the benefits of upsizing for a Vista QJD)

My use with Vista :- almost every weekend it will be driven approximately 700 kilometers on highway with an avg speed of 90 km/hr

All week days for office home commutation (max 6 kilometers daily)

2. I often feel the height of vista is a bit high while taking highway turns on high speed (which is scary) Any thing can be done on changing tires to get more confidence on highway turns with more speed?

3. Bridge stone B250 is the current set of tires which came stock with vista refresh breaking experience on high speeds on highway:- In my last 3 years drive i had 2 sudden breaks on which the vehicle felt like a boat on high speed breaking.

Keeping Security (grip/braking distance) as primary objective Please suggest a good tyre and size.

I am also interested in changing to alloy wheels in futue, does that add any value in terms of security , economy and handling ?

thanks in advance

F O B Y

Last edited by foby.sebastian : 18th May 2013 at 14:32.
Old 18th May 2013, 15:17   #78
BHPian

@ Foby go for 185/65R14 Bridgestone MY01 pattern. The best VFM tyre. Ran 60K in my Figo rear position.

I feel disappointed for changing to cheaper Aceleres from MY01s.
Skyline GT-R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 13:27   #79
BHPian

hey foby,

I also own an Indica Vista QDJ. I had recently upgraded the stock Goodyears with Yoko A drives of size 195/60 R14. Although the braking distances seem slightly improved, I would suggest you to stick with the stock size. After the upgrade, I find the car tramlining significantly more and it becomes an headache on the highways as it needs a steady hand in keeping it in the right direction. Other than the slightly improved braking distances, it hasn't altered the dynamics of the car any better.

The Vista ain't any way an highway scorcher, so it would be best to stick with the stock size and be within 100kmph.

EDIT

The Vista is indeed a 'Boat' even with wider and better rubber.

Last edited by petroguzzler : 24th May 2013 at 13:29.
Old 3rd October 2013, 18:46   #80

Hi,

I want to change the tires of my Indica Vista from stock 175/65 R14 to 185/65 R14.

Is anyone using the mentioned tire size 185/65 R14 on his/her Indica Vista (does not matter if it's a quadrajet, TDI or Safire). I would like to know if this upsizing creates any problems for mileage (km per liter) or for pickup or sizewise (while turning, the wheels touch the fender or on bumps, the tire hits the fender).

I request the gurus out there to pls reply to my questions. Pleaseeeee...

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Suhas

PS: this is the comparison between the stock and plus zero size tires:
----------------width---aspect---depth---radius---total radius(mm)---
current---------175-----65-------113.75--14-------469.35---
option 1--------185-----65-------120.25--14-------475.85---change in radius = +6.5 mm = +1.38%

Reason for this plus zero upsize is I would like to go for Bridgestone MY02 and at the same time, would like to increase the rubber on tire a bit to improve bumps/pothole performance!
Old 4th October 2013, 08:54   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_pm View Post
Hi,

PS: this is the comparison between the stock and plus zero size tires:
----------------width---aspect---depth---radius---total radius(mm)---
current---------175-----65-------113.75--14-------469.35---
option 1--------185-----65-------120.25--14-------475.85---change in radius = +6.5 mm = +1.38%
I have upgraded mine to 185/65 Michelins and yes the car feels better. However, there will be a drop in fuel efficiency as there is more grip. It is approximately half a km of fuel consumed more per tyre. The best mileage I get is about 16.5-17.
It is a decision you have to make. Either better grip and handling or fuel efficiency.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th October 2013 at 08:07.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 22:24   #82
BHPian

hi, sorry to bump the thread after a long time. I own a Vista for 2 yrs, done 50,000 kms and need a change rather tyre upgrade of all the 4 tyres. I am confused between 185/65/ R 14 and 185/60/ R 14. As you had changed to 185/65/ R 14.

Please inform me regarding the change in fuel efficiency, ride comfort both in city and highway and handling for both the tyre sizes.

'bigben' are you able to fit the tyre in the stepney well in the boot?
Old 3rd November 2013, 18:26   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
hi, sorry to bump the thread after a long time. I own a Vista for 2 yrs, done 50,000 kms and need a change rather tyre upgrade of all the 4 tyres. I am confused between 185/65/ R 14 and 185/60/ R 14. As you had changed to 185/65/ R 14.

Please inform me regarding the change in fuel efficiency, ride comfort both in city and highway and handling for both the tyre sizes.

'bigben' are you able to fit the tyre in the stepney well in the boot?
The Stepney tyre is the same 175/65 tyre and I did not change that one. I don't think the larger tyre will fit in the boot.
I would suggest you stick to the same 175/65 size as there is a drop in fuel efficiency with the increased tyre size. The drop would be approximately .5 kms per tyre. The efficiency I get is about 16.5. But yes, if you are extremely careful you will be able to get a better efficiency.
Old 19th December 2013, 19:12   #84
BHPian

I have Indica Vista Aura Safire Sep 2009 Model. It has stock tyre Goodyear GT3 size 175/70 R13. Tyres have done 44000 KM and need replacement.

Caan someone suggest which brand to go for and is there any size upgrade recommended. If size upgrade is recommended will it fit on the same rim or i need to change rim also?
Old 19th December 2013, 20:37   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammishra View Post
I have Indica Vista Aura Safire Sep 2009 Model. It has stock tyre Goodyear GT3 size 175/70 R13. Tyres have done 44000 KM and need replacement.

Caan someone suggest which brand to go for and is there any size upgrade recommended. If size upgrade is recommended will it fit on the same rim or i need to change rim also?
Hi Ram,

Same model, 59800 km run GT3's. Even I am looking to change my tyres.
Just got off the phone with a Tata SA who I trust a lot because of his knowledge. He said that it is better to go for a 14 incher (Alloys/Tyres available more easily). I am planning to change my Rims to Tata OEM steel Rims (14"), and put the 175/65 R14 (that the QJD come with). This will allow for Tyre upsize (13' to 14') while keeping the profile almost the same.

I find the 175 almost adequate for driving, even spiritedly (done multiple highway runs at good speeds including ghats).

I am considering the MRF ZLo tyres (heard good about them) or Michelin XM2 (which I feel are expensive). I am also considering Falkens. Have sent a PM to the Tyre Guru Nikhil. Awaiting his response before I decide.

On the Same rims you can fit upto 185 tyres (or so I am told) but I would prefer the 14'' rims. They are not too expensive (about 5K - 7K for set of 5)
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:02   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Hi Ram,

Same model, 59800 km run GT3's. Even I am looking to change my tyres.
Just got off the phone with a Tata SA who I trust a lot because of his knowledge. He said that it is better to go for a 14 incher (Alloys/Tyres available more easily). I am planning to change my Rims to Tata OEM steel Rims (14"), and put the 175/65 R14 (that the QJD come with). This will allow for Tyre upsize (13' to 14') while keeping the profile almost the same.

I find the 175 almost adequate for driving, even spiritedly (done multiple highway runs at good speeds including ghats).

I am considering the MRF ZLo tyres (heard good about them) or Michelin XM2 (which I feel are expensive). I am also considering Falkens. Have sent a PM to the Tyre Guru Nikhil. Awaiting his response before I decide.

On the Same rims you can fit upto 185 tyres (or so I am told) but I would prefer the 14'' rims. They are not too expensive (about 5K - 7K for set of 5)
Thanks a lot torquecurve. I also have done lot of driving in highways with exisiting tyres, they are nearing 45000 Now and have become puncture prone.

I still have 2-3 months before i change them hence thought of taking the opinion. Kindly update me once you have finalised and changed. Do you also own the Safire??
Old 29th October 2014, 01:49   #87
BHPian

Hi bumping up this thread after almost a year. Looking to change the tyres (175/65 R14 Alloys) on my 34k Kms done 2011 Vista. Even though there is some more thread left today morning noticed a cut in the front right wheel. So planning to change tyre/tyres, have a few question w.r.t that

1. Can I change just 2 tyres now and another 2 after 5k Kms?
2. If yes can I use the unused spare tyre as 1 of the 2 tyres am going to change?
3. If it's advisable to change all 4 what would be the best upsize so that the GC increases a bit?

TIA
Attached Thumbnails
Indica Vista : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-1414526895452.jpg  

Old 29th October 2014, 02:10   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post

1. Can I change just 2 tyres now and another 2 after 5k Kms?
2. If yes can I use the unused spare tyre as 1 of the 2 tyres am going to change?
3. If it's advisable to change all 4 what would be the best upsize so that the GC increases a bit?

TIA
1. Yes, you can change 2 tyres at one time.
2. Advisable to keep 2 new tyres in the front as the engine load is in the front. Keep the unused as spare.
3. If you do change all 4, on the vista, its best to keep the size unchanged. Reasons: Vista is a little taller than a Swift or an i20, due to which there is enough body roll. If you were to move a size up, body roll would continue to trouble you. Also GC on the Vista is not something that bothers on bumps or bad roads.

I recently changed 2 tyres on my Vista @ 46K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks