Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2008, 21:06   #1
BHPian

refubished alloys and new tyres

Post edited by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT use external picture hosts such as photobucket, imageshack etc. Your pictures have been reloaded via the Team-BHP Attachment system. We advise you to read our board rules carefully, before proceeding any further.

my 1988 mk1 uno was looking a little tatty on original rims, and the tyres weren't that much better:

so time for a change, i had picked up a few new sets of rims on the cheap, a set of originals, and a set of 15" mk1 tipo wheels (the tipo was the unos bigger brother):

the car on the left is a panda, the unos even smaller brother!

but they also were a bit rough and condition was worse than awful,

so off to the refurbers, the 13" uno alloys got a set of nexen n2000s sized 175/60/13, after being powder coated in white with short black valve stem:

and the 15 tipos got toyo proxes T1Rs sized 195/50/15, high power silver finish and "hidden" chrome valve:

for now the white set stays on the car, but will be using the silvers for shows and trackdays

Last edited by GTO : 13th September 2008 at 15:33.
Old 12th September 2008, 13:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

have you made any modifications yo this car????? 20 year old car!! how many miles have you done on it?? these old fiats are built like tanks! how fast does it go? and does it get stares or cheers on trackdays?????
Old 12th September 2008, 21:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey that's a nice makeover mate, love the choice of color for the alloys, I have a friend who has a fancy for white alloys too.
Old 12th September 2008, 22:09   #4

I have always fancied white alloys!! And those first set of your's, they look like W
RC spec Enkei Wheels.

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 12th September 2008 at 22:10.
Old 13th September 2008, 00:41   #5
BHPian

thanks for the appreciation fellas! built like a tank!!!! not hardly, the mk1 uno was great design let down by detail and construction, one of the main culprits being cheap communist steel combined with an almost total lack of corrosion protection, some of these cars will actually rot before your eyes from the inside out. i've been lucky in finding 2 relatively solid examples, which have only have mild work on them, centred on the braking and suspension. i've only done one 1/4 event:

in november doing a full on track day at oulton park, one of the best circuits in the country, photos will follow!

as for performance, so far after nearly 105000 miles, the engine pulls 137bhp on the rolling, and will do the manufacturers quoted top speed......and then some!

in its day was a hot hatch, now is an appreciating retro classic, and rarer too, estimated at less than 100 in the uk.....those who have them, love them, and regret selling them on, i had this one less than a month and the offers came in on the first show i went to. and although she's a little tired looking, still gets the looks at all the shows i take her too, and people saying how way back when they had one and loved the way it drove, for me though this one is a test bed, try stuff out, to get my baby back onteh road:

i take it refurbishment and powdercoating are not that common over there yet? i have plans for another set to be diamond cut, but what's putting me off is the maintenance...lots of cleaning and polishing
Old 26th October 2008, 05:47   #6
BHPian

finally got round to ordering 3mm spacers for the rear wheels, and put the refurbed tipo wheel and tyres on, still a way to go before she's looking right, new arch extensions, sill covers, paint rub down, decals and tints

but again, totally different look for the old hooligan
Attached Thumbnails
refubished alloys and new tyres-p1050242.jpg  

refubished alloys and new tyres-p1050247.jpg  

refubished alloys and new tyres-p1050244.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks