Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2020, 20:24   #106
BHPian

Re: Wheel alignment & balancing in the NCR

Any recommendations for sorting out the alignment of my C200 (2014- W204). Had made 2 visits to the Pirelli store in East of Kailash before the March lockdown and still not been able to get things right. Just not able to get the steering in the center position. If i take my hands off or with the steering wheel dead center, the car pulls to the left. Its driving me absolutely nuts!

HELP!
Rohan
Old 2nd September 2020, 20:45   #107
Senior - BHPian

Come to Dawn Auto tomorrow if possible by about 1 pm. Going to get my abarth WA and WB done. They do amazing work.

Its at MG Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Any recommendations for sorting out the alignment of my C200 (2014- W204). Had made 2 visits to the Pirelli store in East of Kailash before the March lockdown and still not been able to get things right. Just not able to get the steering in the center position. If i take my hands off or with the steering wheel dead center, the car pulls to the left. Its driving me absolutely nuts!

HELP!
Rohan
sidindica is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 12:09   #108
BHPian

So, I visited Star wheels in Sector-14, Gurgaon. He has 2 machines - Hunter and John Bean. The mechanic informed that HUnter machine is used for vehicles requiring both rear and front alignment, and John Bean machine is used for front alignment only.
So my car (Tata Zest) was put on John Bean machine.

The mechanic was knowledgeable and did a thorough job.

One issue - They do not have a UPS for the computer connected to the machine, so there are chances that if voltage fluctuates the system restarts and the process has to be started again. Happened with me once when they started their air compressor and the voltage fluctuates.

Overall, I am satisfied with the job. Charges were 400 for alignment. I did not get the balancing done.
low_rider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 02:14   #109
BHPian

After reading so much about Star Wheels and their Hunter equipment, I decided to pay them a visit and see for myself how good their service and their equipment really is. I reached Star Wheels on the evening of 16th November for a round of wheel balancing, 4-tyre rotation, and an alignment. I quickly zeroed down on their Hunter machines - a Hunter GPS9200 Touch wheel balancing machine and a Hunter alignment machine, whose model I could not tell. Perhaps it was a HawkEye system. Wheel balancing and tyre rotation went by smoothly. However, the alignment proved to be problematic. As my luck would have it, that day the technician who knew how to run the Hunter alignment machine was on leave. Try as he might and he did try thrice; the other technician who runs the John Beam alignment machine just could not make the Hunter machine work properly. He finally gave up and had to recheck his work with the manual thread method before he handed my car back to me.

Though the Hunter machines were capable, and in the right hands would probably give the best results, my first experience at Star Wheels was far from satisfactory. I left the establishment not sure of the accuracy of the work done on my car. But what bothered me most was that I was charged Rs 700 for the work, which incidentally wasn't to my satisfaction. I was neither given a bill and on asking I was told that a proper bill would attract additional GST charges. I am not sure if I would like to go there again or recommend this place to others.
RedPhobos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 16:00   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_rider View Post
So, I visited Star wheels in Sector-14, Gurgaon. He has 2 machines - Hunter and John Bean. The mechanic informed that HUnter machine is used for vehicles requiring both rear and front alignment, and John Bean machine is used for front alignment only.
So my car (Tata Zest) was put on John Bean machine.
I don't think they tell the customer the truth. Both the Hunter and the John Beam wheel alignment machines are for front-wheel drive vehicles only. The shop doesn't have a technician who knows how to work the Hunter machine, so they keep making different excuses to different customers. They told you that the Hunter machine is for all-wheel/four-wheel-drive vehicles but since I told them that I had come all the way from Ghaziabad to see their Hunter equipment in action, they informed me that their technician was on leave for the day. Still, to accommodate me, they asked the technician who runs the John Beam machine to run the Hunter machine that day and it was a total disaster. BTW, I had taken my mother's front-wheel-drive Honda Jazz for the alignment and wheel balancing that day.

Everyone would agree that good machines without good technicians to run them are of no use. I wasted one and a half hours there while the hapless technician tried, again and again, to make the Hunter machine work, but in the end, it all amounted to nought.

My search for the best wheel alignment and balancing experience in Delhi NCR continues. I would appreciate guidance or advice from other members of Team-BHP fraternity, as I still have to get my car's (Maruti Suzuki Ritz) wheels aligned and balanced. Thank you in advance.
RedPhobos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 02:59   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post

HELP!
Rohan
Did you get this issue sorted Rohan? If yes, from where. I have a similar issue with my Creta.
Old 2nd February 2021, 09:33   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneller View Post
Did you get this issue sorted Rohan? If yes, from where. I have a similar issue with my Creta.
Yes! its finally fixed. As suggested by Sidindica, visited Dawn Auto on MG road and its been ok since then. I plan to go to them from now on for the Merc's alignment needs.
Old 2nd February 2021, 16:26   #113
BHPian

Today I went to Motofixxers in Sector 104 Noida for wheel alignment and balancing.
I was left wanting and not at all satisfied. They only ajdusted the toe angle under specified parameters and not the camber. After I read the report and asked them to correct the camber as well, the guy said "We guarantee that tyres will not get eaten".

Camber comes into play on handling in curves and I dont have peace of mind knowing the setup is out of specs.

I paid 1400 for alignment and balancing and if only toe had to be adjusted, I would have gone to any roadside alignment shop and got it done for far less.

Attaching a few images and report

Wheel alignment & balancing in the NCR-20210202_161734.jpg

Machine
Wheel alignment & balancing in the NCR-20210202_155137.jpg

My car
Wheel alignment & balancing in the NCR-20210202_153547.jpg

Would love to get recommendations for a better place.

Last edited by 88_TANK_88 : 2nd February 2021 at 16:30.
Old 2nd February 2021, 16:30   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

On most cars mass produced, only the toe can be adjusted. If the left, right and total toe is within range that will ensure the tyres are aligned.
Old 9th February 2021, 14:01   #115
BHPian

Any recommendations for WA and WB jobs near Sohna Road, Gurgaon.
Old 18th February 2021, 20:50   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post
Any recommendations for WA and WB jobs near Sohna Road, Gurgaon.
Although i haven't personally been there, have heard alot of great reviews about Dawn Auto on MG Road. It's not close but it's close enough to your place.
Old 19th February 2021, 02:45   #117
BHPian

Is there anyone using Hunter road force balancing machines in New Delhi?
Old 18th June 2021, 18:59   #118
BHPian

What's a good quote for wheel rotation + balancing + alignment for my 6 month old 10200 KM run Creta?

Haven't had tyres rotates/aligned/balanced yet.

Getting Rs. 1300 quote at Dawn Auto MG Road and Rs. 1000 Star Wheels, Gurgaon - both recommended on Team BHP.

Any other recommendations in Delhi/NCR?
Old 13th February 2022, 17:57   #119
BHPian

I had bought the generic internal TPMS from Skyshop, so I was looking for nearby cheap places where I could them installed. I went to the infamous Sector 16 market in Noida. Saw good reviews for a place called Ashok Motors, who is an official dealer for Bridgestone.

Got it installed for 400 bucks. The wheel balancing after the job cost 600 rupees (@Rs.2 per gram). Seemed a decent place where the owners seemed knowledgable and friendly. They have the Hunter alignment machine but seemed like the older model (sorry for my ignorance on this topic).
Marauder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 13:19   #120
BHPian

Any ideas of good WB&A centre in Ghaziabad ? My Skoda Rapid is due for alignment and balancing. Last time I got it done from Apollo Tyre shop in Patel Nagar. Results were satisfactory but they use pneumatic fasteners which have already scratched the Rims.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks