Team-BHP - DIY Guide: How to repair a Tubeless tyre puncture!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   DIY Guide: How to repair a Tubeless tyre puncture! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/46353-diy-guide-how-repair-tubeless-tyre-puncture-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 991276)
Thanks Isaan Singh Tyrewalla - that was a neat guide.

This job is so easy its scary. I remember when I had a puncture in my bike tyre and took it to the tyreshop (after filling it with tyre-sealant foam) - the guy just walked up to the bike, pushed Tool 1 in a few times, then brought the sealant and pushed it in with Tool 2 before trimming the extra off. I wasnt too sure I wanted to ride the bike with such a quick repair job!!!!

I wouldnot either. For bikes only use the mushroom plug and on immaculate sidewalls. yo cannot afford a blowout at 150 kmph

Amazing. I have almost finalized tubeless tyres for my car but was wondering how a puncture would be repaired. Thanks for the great info! clap:

hi
thanks iraghava for this DIY stuff.i was clueless regarding the tubeless tyre puncture because few posts in Tbhp suggested the need of experts for this. but after seeing this i m planning to include those tools in my kit.

Thanks very much for this detailed explanation. It is really helpful for the car owners having the tubeless tyres....

Please can some body tell me what will be the total Cost of this Set ? Can I get this Separately ? How to find out the Original Strip ? Any make/Brand.

Another good one! Great going mate, thanks!

Simple and to the point. Learnt something new today!

Now to get myself one of those kits... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sowmya (Post 1010252)
Please can some body tell me what will be the total Cost of this Set ? Can I get this Separately ? How to find out the Original Strip ? Any make/Brand.

Sarv is a good brand to buy.

@Ishaan bhai clap:Great Jobclap:

Dont know about the strip brand but the kit is available between Rs.100-400 depending upon the quality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sowmya (Post 1010252)

Good useful post indeed. thanks! A video post would be even more helpful i would think.

I was always worried about getting a flat tire in remote places. I always thought the road side tire shop guys wouln't know to fix a tubeless flat tire. Am i wrong?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemo (Post 1023475)
I always thought the road side tire shop guys wouln't know to fix a tubeless flat tire. Am i wrong?

I was also wary of the same. But fortunately, things are a lot better than I imagined. Its a relatively simple procedure and does not require a lot of additional tools so most of the mechanics, even road side ones have learnt and adopted it.

Hey..no way!

I never knew you could use Choostix to fix a flat! Thats awesome. And if you get hungry doing it, you can have a bite too!

Thanks for all the kind words guys!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabhuav (Post 991483)
I wouldnot either. For bikes only use the mushroom plug and on immaculate sidewalls. yo cannot afford a blowout at 150 kmph

Vijay, issue is fixing the mushroom patch involves removing the tyre from the wheel which means it's no longer a DIY job so the whole point of the article is lost. Hence, I've not covered that method.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 1024037)
Hey..no way!

I never knew you could use Choostix to fix a flat! Thats awesome. And if you get hungry doing it, you can have a bite too!

Don't worry Ajay, next time I'll get you some puncture repair strips to chew on! You'll be chewing on them for a long time!!

@ Ishaan Bhai - Howmuch does the portable compressor cost? I saw that you have mentioned about it on one other thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec (Post 1024946)
@ Ishaan Bhai - Howmuch does the portable compressor cost? I saw that you have mentioned about it on one other thread.

Can't help but recount a funny story that happened recently while trying to buy a porbable compressor in Calcutta.
My tyre wallah told me I could get it in Bhanu Bhai Desai - a very reputable old established hardware merchant and wholeseller of a host of auto parts.
So I went and asked the owner "do you have portable compressor for tyre inflation?"
The elderly gentleman looked at me for a few seconds. Silent. Like an angry but benevolent teacher. "Do you want to buy it for yourself?" I nodded yes. "With your own money?" I said yes.
"Don't buy it." He said very firmly and with a tone of finality in his voice.
I said why? He said, "rich people and army wallahs or police wallahs buy it and feel good about it. It never works when you actually need it."
He just turned me away. :D . He also cursed Taiwanese manufacturers and admitted that in principle there is nothing wrong with portable compressors but what you get in India is very shoddy. He suggested footpumps. When I said they take a long time he said technology has improved in the last 30 years and if you get the tyre free by jacking the car up then it will inflate quite fast. I didn't buy it though.
I thought this was hilarious salesmanship and can happen only with these old world shops like Bhanu Bhai. Of course they are too large to push a dud product and would rather maintain their reputation than sell something that they know doesn't work. I wonder why they stocked it in the first place.
Michelin sells a footpump in India for 3.5k. But it has very negative reports and remarks on Amazon.

I would agree with Bhanu bhai, most pumps I've seen in India are terrible quality. And that includes the one I had to purchase for the Evil Twins Delhi-Mumbai drive since I didn't have any other options.