Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 17:27   #91
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed explanation.
How is a long cut on the sidewalls repaired in tubeless tyres?
Will patches be effective ?
Old 4th November 2009, 22:32   #92
BHPian

Just got this tools for tubeless tyre repairement in rediff.

Car Auto Tubeless Tyre Puncture Plug Repair Kit gifts in india at rediff shopping.

Car Auto Tubeless Tyre Puncture Plug Repair Kit Price 249.

Description:
  • Essential for vehicles with tubeless tyres, this Car Tire Repair Kit will let you mend the puncture quickly and effectively and have you on your way again within minutes.
  • The handles on these tools are made from durable plastic and have a great grip.
  • Excellent tool to keep in your car with the spare wheel.
  • Quick and easy repair tire in short time with this easy to use Tubeless Tire Repair Kit.
  • This Puncture Tire Repair Kit is brand new and packaged.
  • Detail instructions on back.
  • Material: Plastic handle and steel tips
  • Rasper Tool Dimension: ~13.5(L) x 10.8(W) x 2.3(T)cm
  • Needle Tool Dimension: ~15(L) x 10.8(W) x 2.4(T)cm
  • Total Weight: 143g
[COLOR=#ff0000]Please note that this Auto Tyre Repair Kit should be used to fix puncture permanantly.[/COLOR]
Package Included:
  • 1 x Rasper tool for hole widening and cleaning
  • 1 x Needle tool for tyre rubber strip insertion
  • 5 x Repair rubber strips
Warranty:30 Days Warranty.
Old 4th November 2009, 22:42   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Just got this tools for tubeless tyre repairement in rediff.

Car Auto Tubeless Tyre Puncture Plug Repair Kit gifts in india at rediff shopping.
You can pickup the same thing at the nearest tyre shop. Most of the big ones should have tubeless tyre repair kits in stock. Costs around Rs 150 only.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:59   #94
BHPian

Thanks iraghava for such a detailed procedure with pictures. This will really help all of us big time. I have even emailed the link of your post to some of my colleagues too.
Old 10th December 2009, 17:58   #95
BHPian

great article

thanks irhagav, excellent pictorial stuff that would help a lot of people. by the way the maruti SX4 website lists the tubeless repair kit as an accessory for the car. dont know the rate though. will have to check it out.
Old 18th January 2010, 15:44   #96
Senior - BHPian

Very very useful information, I did not bother about this topic till date, but had to look at this today for my friends who owns a Ford Fiesta with Tubeless tyres.

Anyway, here is few set of question that came to our mind. I did go thro the thread did not find anyone asking it.

1. Where can we find this fix it kit in Chennai, do the dealers sell it, or should we find some car accessory shop?

2. Is the fix mentioned in the guide a temporary one or a permemnant one? I mean one thing that did not get into our pea sized brian is, how come the air will not escape thro the gap, is just this fix enough?

3. Does it mean that these strip will melt and later cover the gap or something.

We have these questions as he has never come across a puncture till date, with his new car .

Can someone please thro some light on this.
Old 18th January 2010, 16:55   #97
BHPian

One doubt
If the strips are not used for long time do they expire or it can be used safely
Old 18th January 2010, 17:01   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madan Gopal View Post
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
How is a long cut on the sidewalls repaired in tubeless tyres?
Will patches be effective ?
Dear Madan,

Yes the side walls will be repaired by patched but the patches will be put from inside & will have to heated to be leak proof. I have got one of the side walled punture (some %$^%$ plugged a nail) & it was repaired in this fashion. No problem whatsoever after it.
Old 22nd January 2010, 13:02   #99
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

yesterday I had a puncture on the inner tread edge due to a fat nail. I got the same fixed by "Vijay wheel alignment" folks on JP nagar ring road. This morning I noticed that the tire I fixed yesterday has deflated. Replaced that tire with stepney but I am feeling that the puncture done by "Vijay wheel" is not upto the mark and air might be escaping from it very gradually.

Now the question is -
1. Can the puncture fix be refixed again. If so what is the procedure that needs to be adopted.
2. Is there a suggestion/recommendation on how to fix a big hole puncture?

DF.
Old 8th February 2010, 23:35   #100
Senior - BHPian

1. Depends on the size of the puncture and how its been fixed in the first place. Are you sure the tyre is leaking from the same spot? It could be possible that you have another puncture that was not detected at the time of repair.

2. Yes, normally it is possible since the strips are quite a bit thicker in diameter compared to the normal puncture holes.
Old 9th February 2010, 01:05   #101
BANNED

Hey Sam - Question for you, where in gurgaon did you get the sidewall for the wheel repaired ? Some irritated neighbour pushed a nail in one of the wheels in my Alto last week and the puncture repair guy claims nothing can be done and I need to have a tube put in the wheel.. I've not been convinced by his words and am running the car on the spare wheel. Would appreciate if you let me know so that I can get the punctured tyre repaired too..Thanks
Old 9th February 2010, 09:57   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
1. Depends on the size of the puncture and how its been fixed in the first place. Are you sure the tyre is leaking from the same spot? It could be possible that you have another puncture that was not detected at the time of repair.
It was another puncture which was not detected at the time of the repairs. These folks were not very vigilant and hence missed out on the second puncture. Fixed it and life back to normal.
Old 26th February 2010, 10:16   #103
Senior - BHPian

This article is really helpful.

But is it really simple to do it yourself without practice? Is it reliable?

Also taking out tyre form bike is very difficult. You have to remove brake shoes also & brake connection also i guess. So as far as bike is concerned its not so easy in my opinion.
Old 28th April 2010, 20:05   #104
BHPian

Excellent post !!

Excellent post, Iraghava... Really appreciate the efforts of yours and others on this post.

I searched for Tyre Puncture after having to get my rear tyre puncture(s) fixed today -- was taken aback when the guy claimed Rs.275 for fixing 2 punctures... While one was due to a big screw, the other seem to be a small hole (probably) which I do have a doubt whether it was really a hole or the guy took advantage of the situation & made the hole..

Infact I had been observing some suspicious pressure drops on that tyre over the last 6 weeks -- so not sure how long I have been driving with that big screw on my tyre

After reading this post, I atleast know that the method used to fix the puncture was atleast correct - though I still need to monitor the pressure for some days & ensure the fix is proper & no other holes remain.

- ShanG
------------------------------
1991 Geo Metro (Sold)
2009 Hyundai i20 Asta
Old 29th April 2010, 14:18   #105
BHPian

Possible after-effects of Puncture fixing ??

[Moderators: I do not find any option to edit my previous post and so posting as a separate one.. Hope this is ok]

Have a query - now that the puncturewala has removed my tyre to fix the puncture and then fitted it back, is it possible for the wheel alignment to be messed up?

Should I have the wheel alignment checked or only if there are any related indications? If so, what indications should I look out for?

Appreciate clarification on this aspect of "Possible after-effects of Puncture fixing".

- ShanG
------------------------------
1991 Geo Metro (Sold)
2009 Hyundai i20 Asta

Most Viewed