Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2017, 00:34   #46
BHPian

Re: Tyres and Alloys in Kolkata

I've been a customer of Indo Radial ever since I had to replace my Micra's stock Maxxis 165/70 R14 in June 2014. During my search for a good shop, found it to be the least expensive option; they might be the only one in Kolkata offering Michelin XM2 175/65 R14 at less than 5000 rupees / tyre at that time. The November 2016 price for the same tyre is 4250 rupees, a cool 600 rupees drop in 2.5 years. They stock a lot of brands so there is plenty of options to select according to budget and preference

They also deal in batteries and offer very reasonable rates with good buyback price for the old one. I had replaced the stock Exide DIN50 in October 2014 with SF Sonic and the final price after 900 rupees buyback of the old one came to 4500 rupees and it was the cheapest of all the quotes we got.

Slightly off-topic : We were confused to choose between Pirelli, Michelin and Yokohama and asked of Minku's opinion to which he replied that you have to listen to your heart while choosing among a beemer or a audi or a merc.
rupdeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 17:12   #47
BHPian

Try out their shop - Indo Radial at Taratala / Bhawinipore.
Old 5th January 2018, 12:08   #48
BHPian

Hello,

I require a set of Maxxis MA-1 tyres; size P185/80R13 90S. These have a thin white wall. I sent an e-mail to Maxxis India some weeks back but got no reply.

If anyone can point me out to a shop where these tyres may be available please let me know.

Many thanks,

Prithvi
Old 6th January 2018, 09:45   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
Hello,

I require a set of Maxxis MA-1 tyres; size P185/80R13 90S. These have a thin white wall. I sent an e-mail to Maxxis India some weeks back but got no reply.

If anyone can point me out to a shop where these tyres may be available please let me know.

Many thanks,

Prithvi
Hi Prithvi,

You may try connect Minku Agarwal of Indo Radial Tyres; they stock a large variety of tyres across different brands.

I am attaching his card with contact and address details for reference.

Regards,
Debrup.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyres and Alloys in Kolkata-dsc_0882.jpg  

Last edited by rupdeb : 6th January 2018 at 10:08. Reason: Adding regards.
rupdeb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 22:52   #50
BHPian

Reviving an old thread because I need to repair the puncture on my Nexon's tyre. I have drove from Bangalore to Calcutta and will be going back this 6th Nov.
Can someone please point me to a reliable puncture repair shop who can repair the puncture and also check all the other 3 tyres thoroughly?

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th November 2019, 13:56   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
Reviving an old thread because I need to repair the puncture on my Nexon's tyre. I have drove from Bangalore to Calcutta and will be going back this 6th Nov.
Can someone please point me to a reliable puncture repair shop who can repair the puncture and also check all the other 3 tyres thoroughly?

Thanks in advance.
Puncture repairers are a dime a dozen in Kolkata and you should have one in your locality. In case you are in the south near Anwar shah/South City/jadavpur PS, you can try the 'punctureman' outfits operating out of prince service station next to South City Mall or the one at the indianoil station on the Anwar shah connector towarda bypass. But really, any shop preferably one attached to a petrol pump with high footfall should be capable.
hothatchaway is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 15:21   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Puncture repairers are a dime a dozen in Kolkata and you should have one in your locality.
I realised this after going to few tyre shops. No one seemed interested in repairing or inspecting tyres. Only new tyres are sold along with Balancing and Alignment. This is unlike in Bangalore where every tyre shop does A to Z related to tyres.

Thanks for the info reg Punctureman. I will visit them today.

Thanks,
Ayan.
Old 27th May 2020, 18:38   #53

Hey Guys, I am looking for some good superbike tyre dealers in Guwahati or in Kolkata for a friend of mine who is having a Honda CBR 1000RR bike at Guwahati, transporting the tyres to Guwahati from Kolkata is not an issue. Really appreciate some quick replies.
Thanks in Advance....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks