Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2008, 18:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Question is nitrogen or sulphur? I mean gasssssssssss
Old 28th September 2008, 01:10   #17
BHPian

I have a silver Ikon, and just had Lenso SHU 15s fitted.
You can get them in Hyper Silver, Hyper Black, or white.

The silvers and the blacks look best, IMHO.

Pic attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
Have a silver colored Verna. Am looking at some desgins in HR or Lenso. Will only check up once i finalize the tires.

Any ideas on the alloys that I could put onto the Verna.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyres and Alloys in Kolkata-shu_hs_600x600.jpg  

Tyres and Alloys in Kolkata-ikon-02.jpg  

Old 29th September 2008, 06:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Very nice set of wheels Gosth. How much do Lenso's cost in Mumbai?
Old 18th October 2008, 15:04   #19
BHPian

Thanks Sudipto. 15" Lensos cost about 22-24K (for a set of 5) here in bbay, depending on the model of the rim and of course, whom you buy them from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Very nice set of wheels Gosth. How much do Lenso's cost in Mumbai?
Old 23rd October 2008, 13:51   #20
BHPian

Nitrogen in Kolkata

Hi

I just drove over from Pune through some terrible roads in Orissa, the Turanzas got a bit of a beating, the alloys stood the test, and 1900 plus kms on very bad roads without a puncture and best of all seemingly no tyre pressure changes throughout... the nitrogen in the tyres seems to help..now i feel like running a check on the tyre pressures just to make sure that i am ok for the trip back..

does anyone know where i can get nitrogen filled in Kolkata ? the place you are discussing above seems great, as i can find it easily..

Regards
Sanjay
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

chances of finding a nitrogen filling station in Kolkata is less - but you can try out the following:

1. Indo Radial Club - off EM ByPass - near Topsia intersection / Boat Club towards park circus.

2. Indo Radial Club - Bhawanipore - opp. Homeland(??) / near ganjapark

3. Teen Murty Petrol Pump - near Skakespeare Sarani (theatre rd) and APC sarani - near Lexus (TATA) showroom.
Old 23rd October 2008, 23:22   #22
BHPian

Thanks Rocker - will give it a shot, hopefully a nitrogen shot
Old 24th October 2008, 10:45   #23
BHPian

Anyone know where I can get Nitrogen filled in Bombay between, say, Bandra and Marine drive?

Also, how do they normally do this? I'm assuming they first jack up the car or remove the tyres, bleed the tyres till they're completely empty and then fill them with N2?

Also, would one need to get the balancing checked after a procedure like this?

And finally, cost?
Old 24th October 2008, 15:11   #24
BHPian

While i wont be able to help you with where to get Nitrogen in Mumbai. i can give a run down on how the process worked for me..

1. Jack the car up
2. Suck the air out of tyres, the nitro machine has the facility to do this, i was afraid they will sit there with a pin on the valve etc, but things seem to have improved , so the machine creates a vacuum and sucks all the air out, in fact tubeless became a funny square shape after it was done.
3. They start filling nitro in till the time the pressure becomes whatever you want it to be..

Now here;s the interesting part, there was a new scorpio mHawk there , the one with the tyre pressure indicator on the dash, and the inbuilt indicator went bananas and started showing 16 psi instead of the 32 that they actually put in... something to do with the sensor i guess which must be calibrated for air rather than pure nitrogen..i was worried for a while that even my pressures were low till the time i saw that the car seemed natural , no signs of dragging etc and ride had improved marginally.

A repeat check in two weeks time showed no reduction, now to see after the long drive to Cal, if i can find a place here.
Old 24th October 2008, 16:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

My Mumbai geography is rather weak but Premji's at Mahim has the nitrogen filling machine. But I guess it's too far from your area.
Old 25th October 2008, 11:50   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
chances of finding a nitrogen filling station in Kolkata is less - but you can try out the following:

1. Indo Radial Club - off EM ByPass - near Topsia intersection / Boat Club towards park circus.

2. Indo Radial Club - Bhawanipore - opp. Homeland(??) / near ganjapark

3. Teen Murty Petrol Pump - near Skakespeare Sarani (theatre rd) and APC sarani - near Lexus (TATA) showroom.

1. This is where the nitrogen machine was 'supposed' to come, but 2 calls to Minku and I still haven't got any confirmation if it actually has.
2. No nitrogen machine to come at this place. He had ordered only one and that was to be at the Bypass shop.
3. No nitrogen available. Also their machines show 2 psi more than it actually is.
Old 25th October 2008, 12:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

As of now Minku has nitrogen only in a certain part of his body but doesn't know how to transfer it from there to inside the tyre. I gave him an idea but he didn't seem to like it.
Old 25th October 2008, 12:52   #28
BHPian

Au contraire!!
I pass Mahim on my way home from work everyday.

Thanks, buddy!

PS: Any idea what it should cost me for all four tyres??
Also, will they have to rebalance / align after the procedure?
And finally, is filling N2 like filling synthetic oil? i.e. in a pinch, could I fill regular air in a tyre that already has N2 in it but is running a little low?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
My Mumbai geography is rather weak but Premji's at Mahim has the nitrogen filling machine. But I guess it's too far from your area.
Old 25th October 2008, 17:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

1. Anywhere between 25-100 rupees a tyre depending on what the shop likes to charge.
2. No, need to do so. They're changing the air, not the tyre.
3. Yes, you can. But evidently it might negate the positive effects of filling Nitrogen in the first place.

I must admit, I'm not much of a believe in this Nitrogen-****rogen. Good old air has been just fine for my cars for a long time & shall continue to be so.
Old 28th October 2008, 09:53   #30
BHPian

More or less concluded after a half day search yesterday, no nitrogen available here.
topping up with air...thanks everyone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks