Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2014, 10:00   #241
BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

I was going to take the CC5 but when I wanted to up size to 195 60, only the max contact was available it seems. How is the CC5 comfort and road noise wise? Planned to try out the Michelin XM2 in the civic. Or may go for the continental if something similar is there.
Old 2nd November 2014, 16:42   #242
Senior - BHPian

Oh, it is a huge move up from the Vectras. Absolutely quiet and very comfortable ride. In fact noise wise is as good as the AVS dB and the Turanza GR-90 that I use on my other rides.

The CC5 does come in bigger sizes but I guess it is not available in our markets. For the Civic get the Conti Premium Contact or better yet the Michelin PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
I was going to take the CC5 but when I wanted to up size to 195 60, only the max contact was available it seems. How is the CC5 comfort and road noise wise? Planned to try out the Michelin XM2 in the civic. Or may go for the continental if something similar is there.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 19:57   #243

Hi,
Need to change the tyres on my Optra Magnum. The car came with Apollo Accelere which are pretty worn out at 37,000 Km ( I could extract another 2000 Km but safety would be a concern). Need advise on three aspects:
First: Recommended replacement. I was happy with the existing Apollo Accelere tyres (195/60/15). Options are repeating the same @ about Rs 4700 each in Delhi or replacing with Bridgestone Potenza (@ Rs 5400 each) or Yokohama AA01 @ Rs 4900 each. Falken Sincera is being offered at Rs 5000 per tyre. Advise on which tyre to buy would be highly appreciated.
Second: There appear to a a few online tyre purchase and delivery sites (Tyre on Wheels, clicktyre.com, change my tyre). Checked out the reviews on them which are extremely variable. Are there any recent experiences with these. The cheapest online tyre portal appears to be snapdeal.com. Has anyone purchased tyres from them?
Third: What would be a resonable buyback (exchange price) on my apollo accelere tyres which have done 37000 km
Old 15th November 2014, 18:51   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Sorry to blank quote you like this, but i need your help on this one. I have now almost digested the entire wheels section and the myriad views. But still not able to decide. So would appreciate some final words on this specifically.

I am looking for 205/55/R16 tyres for the Linea Tjet +. The choices I now have are -
1. CPC2 at around 8800 per tyre
2. Pirelli P7 at around 8300 per tyre
3. Yokohama AR01 at around 7400 per tyre
4. Bridgestone B290 at around 8000 per tyre

Dealerships are pushing Yokohama & Bridgestone. The reviews always say good things about CPC2 and Pirelli is known for its sportiness. Hence the indecision, given the almost 1500 rs price difference range between the lowest and highest. Given the requirement of a comfortable, less noise (at least few of notches lower than the GY NCT5 ) and grip - all in that order, which one would you recommend. I am mindful about the sidewall issues being pointed out, but then I guess that also depends on usage and a stroke of luck! Do let me know if you agree here.
Old 15th November 2014, 20:40   #245
BHPian

I have used the Contis in the same size 205/55/16, on my RS and never had any problems. They are good. I had to replace them after 4 years because my running was less and the rubber compound had gone hard. Never faced any sidewall issues on Mumbai roads, but then I babied my car.
Check the mfg date on the sidewall. I found only old stock in Mumbai at the time of replacement, and had to go for Michelin.
Old 15th November 2014, 22:14   #246
Senior - BHPian

Of the lot B290 is utter garbage. From Bridgestone buy only the Turanza GR90 the GR60 or the Ecopia.

Yokohama you can get Cdrive or a notch up the "non-unidirectional" model from the AVS dB range

CPC2, this model is being phased out from our market and is being replaced with CMC i.e. Conti Max Contact. If you can still get the CPC2 buy it.

Pirelli, I have no idea except that two of my cousins had these on their vehicles and both faced severe pitting with no support from the company.

I would say go for Michelin, You could pick from either the XM2 or the PST3. Off late I am hearing a buzz regarding the Primacy LC being available again. This model sits directly between the Xm2 & the PST3.

And before you mention it let me say that soft walls or no soft walls there are quite a few Fiat owners running around on Michelins with no issues.

Infant if I could find a buyer for my 10000kms run 205/55R16 Turanza GR90, I would sell them and buy a quartet of the PST3. The Tjet+ demands it

Quote:
Originally Posted by palitrana View Post
I am looking for 205/55/R16 tyres for the Linea Tjet +. The choices I now have are -

Dealerships are pushing Yokohama & Bridgestone. The reviews always say good things about CPC2 and Pirelli is known for its sportiness.
Old 17th November 2014, 10:39   #247
BHPian

Thank you guys!

I had the tyre change done in the weekend at Premji's Tyre plus thane. Got the Yokohama AR01 at 7069 per tyre. I couldnt say no to the deal! And the owner himself vouched for Yokohama, with the view that CPC2 is ok and the premiumness is due to the perception because of it being used in the German cars.

Though the AR01 tyres arent an out of the world experience, compared to the GY NCT5 I was using, these are really a huge improvement. Ride quality has improved noticeably and the noise too has reduced. However, much of it is also because my old tyres were bald, hard and unevenly worn!

So long to the CPC2 then!
Old 20th November 2014, 12:04   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to blank quote you like this, but i need your help on this one. I have now almost digested the entire wheels section and the myriad views. But still not able to decide. So would appreciate some final words on this specifically.

Dealerships are pushing Yokohama & Bridgestone. The reviews always say good things about CPC2 and Pirelli is known for its sportiness. Hence the indecision, given the almost 1500 rs price difference range between the lowest and highest. Given the requirement of a comfortable, less noise (at least few of notches lower than the GY NCT5 ) and grip - all in that order, which one would you recommend. I am mindful about the sidewall issues being pointed out, but then I guess that also depends on usage and a stroke of luck! Do let me know if you agree here.
The AR01 is good for the price but be aware, it's a budget tyre. I would choose between the Continental and the Pirelli if I were you and I would mostly go for the CPC2. I had a good experience with them overall.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 16:02   #249
BHPian

Quote:

Was in a similar dilemma finally went with CPC2. I also upgraded my Civic from NCTs and they have been excellent. I feel they are an excellent all around tyres. Its got a good balance of grip, comfort, lower noise, and durability. Its been a year and it has been the worst of roads and not even a single puncture yet.
Old 20th November 2014, 16:33   #250
Senior - BHPian

My experience with Continental has been bad. The tires did not last long and wore out pretty fast. I'd upgraded to Pirelli during Dec/Jan 2014, which seems way off better.
Old 20th November 2014, 17:41   #251
BHPian

Quote:
The AR01 is good for the price but be aware, it's a budget tyre. I would choose between the Continental and the Pirelli if I were you and I would mostly go for the CPC2. I had a good experience with them overall.
Thanks Nikhil! But just could not push myself to spend Rs. 1800 per tyre, and that too when Mark from Premji's himself was vouching for the Yokohama. Since this is my first major tyre upgrade experience, I am sure I will take better decisions next time onwards!

And bonus - got a Lotto Track suit free as part of an Yoko offer!
Old 20th November 2014, 20:15   #252
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil are the CPC2 being phased out? I was looking for the same but was advised that they are being progressively replaced with CMC in larger sizes 15" & above and with CC5 in 14" etc.

Quote:

Nitin, could you elaborate as to which model of Contis, size, nature of problem..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
My experience with Continental has been bad. The tires did not last long and wore out pretty fast. I'd upgraded to Pirelli during Dec/Jan 2014, which seems way off better.

Palit, I myself have bought loads of stuff from Mark. He is a gentleman and also a very good salesman. Period

Quote:
Thanks Nikhil! But just could not push myself to spend Rs. 1800 per tyre, and that too when Mark from Premji's himself was vouching for the Yokohama. Since this is my first major tyre upgrade experience, I am sure I will take better decisions next time onwards!

And bonus - got a Lotto Track suit free as part of an Yoko offer!
Old 21st November 2014, 11:39   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Khoj,

The CPC2 is being phased out and replaced with the MC5. CC5 is an entry level pattern and MC5 is a premium tyre.

Officially launched 2 days ago in Bombay. Thread was started by mod Aditya.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 12:52   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Nitin, could you elaborate as to which model of Contis, size, nature of problem..
This was the CPC-2, 205/55/16.

The tire started developing cracks and was also wearing out pretty fast. I tried approaching Continental and to have the tire replaced under warranty but to no avail. Conti's also seemed more noisy.

I started using Pirelli, with the same driving style, did not have any issues during the tenure I was using the car.
nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 00:36   #255
BANNED

are the CC5 and MC5 available in 205 55 15 ?

any contact no. for a dealer in delhi.

thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks