Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2021, 22:24   #541

Re: Continental tyres

Replaced the stock Bridgestone B250 195/55 R16 tires on my Elite i20 that were almost 4.5 years old to the Continental UC6 195/55 R16.

The stock tires looked fine, ran for about 37,500 kms, had a decent tread depth, but had hardened; forming cracks and had to be replaced.

Must say, the upgrade to the Continental's are really good - drove for about 90+kms in Bangalore roads after the installation. The ride quality is way better, comfier and braking feels sharper as well.

All tyres were fresh and were manufactured in the 37th week of this year. Got these for Rs. 8000/- per tyre with installation.
Alignment & balancing was an additional Rs. 1450/- (which I guess some installers do this as a complimentary gesture? I maybe wrong) at Hercules Tyres, Bangalore.
Old 3rd December 2021, 18:02   #542
BHPian

At 28,500 km on my Seltos and had enough of the Goodyear assurance stock tyre. It has another 10k left in it easy but the tyre is hardening.

Have a long Chennai > Sringeri > Goa > Bom trip and return in March coming up and didn't want to take any chances.

The Goodyears are puncture magnets and I have averages a puncture every 2 months minimum.

Changing to Conti Cross Contact Lx2 , stock profile (215/60 R17H) at my known dealer VS Tyres Ambattur Chennai.

Getting it for 10,100 per tyre with the alignment and balancing thrown in for free.

Will update the forum on how this performs. Have a nice mixed drive across Ghar roads, state highways, smooth eways and everything in between.
Old 3rd December 2021, 18:22   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post

Changing to Conti Cross Contact Lx2 , stock profile (215/60 R17H) at my known dealer VS Tyres Ambattur Chennai.

Getting it for 10,100 per tyre with the alignment and balancing thrown in for free.

Will update the forum on how this performs. Have a nice mixed drive across Ghar roads, state highways, smooth eways and everything in between.
It may feel like a different vehicle altogether, the steering response maybe a bit dull but the ride will be better, also quieter. We have used two sets, highly recommend tyre BUT you seem to be paying too much for it, we opted for this instead of the equivalent Bridgestone Dueler because it was cheaper. Negotiate price and get the alignment free with it.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th December 2021 at 16:07. Reason: Capitalising.
Old 3rd December 2021, 21:11   #544
BHPian

UC6 owners, how's the long term experience with the UC6 regarding punctures? Confused between UC6 and Yokohama Earth 1.
Old 3rd December 2021, 21:56   #545
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

Is the size 195/60R16 available in Continental tyres?
I would like to replace my Michelin P3ST which has run over 45,000 Kms on my BRV. I'm not inclined to upsize.

I loved the silent ride quality of Michelin and I would be obliged with suggestions for the above tyre size, my preference is good dry+wet braking & low road noise.

A local continental dealer says he has 6 months old UC6 tyres of the 195/60R16 size, should I go for 6 month old tyres?

Thanking you all in anticipation.

Last edited by Sushil Pingua : 3rd December 2021 at 22:00. Reason: Dealer paragraph added.
Old 4th December 2021, 12:45   #546
BHPian

My Vento is up for a tyre change and I need some info on the UC6. Current tyres are Michelin P3ST which have served me well for the past 47k km. For those who changed to UC6 from Michelins, how do you perceive them w.r.t comfort, grip, durability and noise. I can compromise a bit on the noise front but grip and durability are important for me. I don't want to go for Michelins again because of availability and price. Any inputs would be highly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 4th December 2021, 18:03   #547

Swapped the stock tyres to Continental UC6 on my baleno (195/55 R16). The previous Alnac 4G was almost at end of life (4.5 years/42k km) and could have lasted a few more months but I have a couple of road trips coming up.

The short intial drive felt great and the grip is so much better now. Will post detailed feedback after logging more kms.

The dealer quoted 8.4k per tyre but gave a final price of 7.6k. So had to shell out 30.4k for the entire set of tyres and the price included balancing and alignment.
social3047 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 19:19   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
My Vento is up for a tyre change and I need some info on the UC6. Current tyres are Michelin P3ST which have served me well for the past 47k km. For those who changed to UC6 from Michelins, how do you perceive them w.r.t comfort, grip, durability and noise. I can compromise a bit on the noise front but grip and durability are important for me. I don't want to go for Michelins again because of availability and price. Any inputs would be highly appreciated! Thanks!
For my Vento I switched from Michelin P3ST to Conti UC6 due to non availability of Michelin P3. Comfort and grip are good on the UC6. Durability I can't say because I have used it only for two months. Noise I find it a bit more on UC6 compared to P3 ST.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 21:53   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
At 28,500 km on my Seltos and had enough of the Goodyear assurance stock tyre. It has another 10k left in it easy but the tyre is hardening.

Have a long Chennai > Sringeri > Goa > Bom trip and return in March coming up and didn't want to take any chances.

The Goodyears are puncture magnets and I have averages a puncture every 2 months minimum.

I have been using the conti CC LX2 for over a year now on my creta DCT and the ride feels much better than the stock JK.
I paid somewhere 9750 per tyre after some negotiations and still felt that I could have done better.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 22:34   #550
BHPian

Looking at the cost per tyre being paid by other members, I wonder whether it is tax or dealer margin. I paid 5400 per tyre at Palika Bhawan, Delhi. Before I went there, a Noida dealer quoted Rs 6300+ per tyre for UC6. Just makes me wonder why such wide differences.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 07:03   #551
BHPian

Upgraded to Continental CC6 after driving for 7k On factory tyres ( good year ).

Car : Honda city 5G V CVT
Cost after exchange - 3k/tyre (2k for old tyres)
Summary:
- Silent tyres , road noise has reduced very significantly. I’d dare say better sound performance than XM2s.

- Wet grip and cornering grip is decent but nothing in performance territory of Primacy or the likes .

- Braking has a good bite on dry surfaces . Wet braking is nothing impressive but does it’s job.

- Small road cuts , small potholes are just beautifully ironed out .

Yet to experience the concrete road noise and high speed performance after a few thousand kilometres .

Tyres with noise cancel technology.
Continental tyres-106514e4080c4d249d77c8d25fa69ce6.jpeg

Continental tyres-553af849afae4d6c9316973c3595c8f3.jpeg

Continental tyres-9a2858bdb49d41008e2d882b42b91a31.jpeg
Swarup5 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 10:17   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarup5 View Post
Upgraded to Continental CC6 after driving for 7k On factory tyres ( good year ).

- Small road cuts , small potholes are just beautifully ironed out .
You need to be extra careful with the air pressure in the CC series tyres. These tyres don't like the low air pressure and tend to get punctures on the sidewall while driving the car with even slightest of low air pressure. Have faced same issue with two sets of CC in two different cars in the family. There is reason why the CC series tyres are not available in the bigger size.

Though no such issue on the MC5 which I have been using since 2016 and my next replacement will also be from Conti most probably going going by the experience I had with the MC5 which are surprisingly quiet and grippy. MC5 are designed in such a way that they have more contact area compared to same size tyre from other brands. Visually also The 195 section tyre looks like 215 width tyre.
tbppjpr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 11:26   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
You need to be extra careful with the air pressure in the CC series tyres. These tyres don't like the low air pressure and tend to get punctures on the sidewall while driving the car with even slightest of low air pressure. Have faced same issue with two sets of CC in two different cars in the family. There is reason why the CC series tyres are not available in the bigger size.

Though no such issue on the MC5 which I have been using since 2016 and my next replacement will also be from Conti most probably going going by the experience I had with the MC5 which are surprisingly quiet and grippy. MC5 are designed in such a way that they have more contact area compared to same size tyre from other brands. Visually also The 195 section tyre looks like 215 width tyre.

Thanks for the information. CC6 apparently comes with a thicker sidewall to take care of the same. However as you have insisted from your experience, I’ll be extra cautious on the pressure.
Old 9th December 2021, 05:10   #554
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

Eventually after researching the market for Continental, Michelin and other tyres, I have finally settled for Bridgestone Turanza T001 in the size 195/60R16 for my Honda BRV Petrol, along with TREEL's internal TPMS sold by JK Tyre at -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ufacturer.html (Tyres for sale at dealership although not listed on website of tyre manufacturer.)

Last edited by Sushil Pingua : 9th December 2021 at 05:28. Reason: TREEL added
Sushil Pingua is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 18:11   #555
Senior - BHPian

I have been going over T-bhp threads as well as called up multiple dealers for my Corolla and am tilting strongly towards UC6. Sharing the information I have gathered so far with the team

Current ride - Yokohama A460 Made in Japan - 205/55 R16(not a lot of upsizing scope within 2%)

Here are some of the options I have considered(Thanks to the helpful community members)

Yokohama BluEarth GT - Apparently concerns on life beyond 40K and also tends to get noisier. However dealer claims this will match the current A 460

Yokohama Earth 1 - Made for Indian roads, Harder compound and hence will be noisy
Michelins (Primacy 4) - Dealers are not sure on imports and are discouraging in case there is warranty claims, they can't arrange for a spare.
Bridgestone Turanza T001 Bridgestone dealers in Bangalore do not seem interested to sell. One guy pushed me T005(older pattern) and other guy claims T001 is out of stock and they only recommend B290. Also they are unable to clarify what is the difference between T001 and T005
Continental UC6 - Made in India, All rounder Tyres which seem to be offering bit of everything(Jack of all trade). Claim is on 50K mileage and being relatively silent compared to Yokohama and Bridgestones. I am also getting latest (nov) dated stock and apparently multiple dealers claimed fast moving and easy warranty claims. Perhaps Continental India is doing something right as compared to Michelin and Bridgestones.
MRF Perfinza - Usual multi brand dealers do not stock this and tried to downplay this. I am yet to talk to MRF specific dealer if it is really worth this. Price seem to be a premium too.

I had some concerns on UC6 being softer sidewalls - and told that the Made in india spec has 2 Ply side wall hence can handle our roads better.

Last edited by rajshenoy : 13th December 2021 at 18:21.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks