Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2021, 18:46   #556
BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

Got 4 new Conti LTX2s (215/65R16) for my Renault Duster a couple of months back. The ride quality has significantly improved. There is a massive difference from factory fitted MRF Wanderers which did over 45000kms in 4 years.
This has got to be the best tyre since Michelins. Driven over 4000 with the new Contis and have had zero punctures, and the ride quality is butter smooth.
pratyaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 18:52   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I had some concerns on UC6 being softer sidewalls - and told that the Made in india spec has 2 Ply side wall hence can handle our roads better.
I know a Punto owner who hits the Himalayas and North East, both once a year (yes you read it right) and his car has been running on UC6. He has faced no sidewall bulges or cuts.

It is only after this testimony that I also took plunge and picked a set of UC6 for my Ertiga after using both XM2 and Primacy 3STs earlier. I must say that UC6 have left me impressed, both in terms of road noise as well as performance in all kind of terrains - Wet, rough and concrete roads. I am glad I ended up making the right choice and barely 3 months and I have clocked 10k on these already.
paragsachania is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 20:45   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I know a Punto owner who hits the Himalayas and North East, both once a year (yes you read it right) and his car has been running on UC6. He has faced no sidewall bulges or cuts.
If its Parag Bhai, I can go with eyes closed. UC6 it is for this time.

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd December 2021 at 02:03. Reason: Quote trimmed.
rajshenoy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 09:03   #559
BHPian

I've 175/65 r15 continentals in Jazz ( front tyre ). They have covered around 39k kms in 2.5 years and even with thread depth between 3-4mm remaining, I feel reduced grip level while driving around the hilly areas. The rear ones are 195 UC6 and it does help with the rear end not losing traction. Ideally we should be able to use the front tires till 2mm thread depth right.
Old 19th December 2021, 15:51   #560
BANNED

Got a nasty sidewall tore in one of my 2018 Verna tires. Other 3 tires (stock Hankook) have a lot of life left on them. Hence, looking at changing 2 of the tires at this moment in 195/55 R16 format.
Still struggling between Conti UC6 and Yoko Blue Earth AE51. I am more into comfortable and noise free drive.
Also, any suggestion of a good tire shop neat NIBM / Undri area? Apparently, a lot of tire shops including Lonkar has wound up their businesses recently.
Old 20th December 2021, 21:19   #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
Replaced the stock Bridgestone B250 195/55 R16 tires on my Elite i20 that were almost 4.5 years old to the Continental UC6 195/55 R16.
Hi Deecee - I am also having Elite i20 Asta (O) and planning to change the stock Bridgestone B250 tyres with Continental UC6. Could you please share your feedback on the same as on date. Otherwise, I was planning to go with Yokohama Earth 1.
Also, please let me know on where did you purchased. I got a quote for 8,400.

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd December 2021 at 02:02. Reason: Posts merged, quotes trimmed. Don't quote large posts entirely. Also, no SMS please. Thanks!
Old 22nd December 2021, 09:04   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Got a nasty sidewall tore in one of my 2018 Verna tires. Other 3 tires (stock Hankook) have a lot of life left on them. Hence, looking at changing 2 of the tires at this moment in 195/55 R16 format.
Still struggling between Conti UC6 and Yoko Blue Earth AE51. I am more into comfortable and noise free drive.
Also, any suggestion of a good tire shop neat NIBM / Undri area? Apparently, a lot of tire shops including Lonkar has wound up their businesses recently.
I recently switched to UC6 a week ago and have driven around 600kms now and very happy with the choice. My corolla came with Yokohama A460 so I can provide a relative comparison.

I also considered Blue Earth AE51 as an alternative but multiple dealers mentioned that these will have relatively less life and tend to get noisier after couple of years.

Michelin on the other hand are still being imported and dealers were skeptical of getting warranty replacement in time.

UC6 seem to be selling well. It is relatively silent in comparison(AE51,T001 etc) and I guess comes in between Yokohamas and the Primacy when it comes to noise.

It is definitely silent even at 100-120 kmph on the concrete roads and has a supple feeling to absorbing broken roads(cracked highways).

It is also priced cheaper so I guess it is a good option to consider.
rajshenoy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 11:28   #563

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunildn View Post
I am also having Elite i20 Asta (O) and planning to change the stock Bridgestone B250 tyres with Continental UC6. Could you please share your feedback on the same as on date.
The difference between the UC6's and the B250's is quite noticeable. Did a recent trip of about 1700kms with the new tyres on smooth tarmacs, concrete, tricky ghats, pothole ridden roads, and the ride has been quite comfortable all throughout. Driving over small potholes and imperfections in the city road are quite ironed out as well.

Paid Rs.8000/- per tyre at Hercules in Seshadripuram. Plus additional for alignment/balancing. However, the alignment done by them was very off, the steering felt heavier and the wheel-weights were way above the limits - guessing their machines weren't calibrated. I suggest getting the alignment/balancing done at Madhus, Wilson Garden. Post that the ride felt way better.
Old 26th December 2021, 18:12   #564
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I recently switched to UC6 a week ago and have driven around 600kms now and very happy with the choice. My corolla came with Yokohama A460 so I can provide a relative comparison.

It is also priced cheaper so I guess it is a good option to consider.
Took the plunge and changed all 4 tires from Hankook Kinergy to Conti UC6 over last weekend.
Could not be able to drive more, just 20Km in city drive in peak Christmas evening traffic. I know it is too early for any kind of review , but still my initial impressions:
  • Steering heaviness in city driving has increased (which is a +)
  • No tire noise on Pune city roads (Hankook was super silent too)
  • Significant improvement in braking in stop-go traffic and on typical Pune city' broken roads. I even noticed change in ABS behavior, need some more drive to understand. (which is a +)
  • Tire feels sticky, like driving on bubblegum (which is a + again)
  • Almost 1 kmpl Drop in mileage in peak city evening traffic.
Hope, would be able to take some long drive "if(go_corona_go) = True" in near future to enjoy the shoes to its fullest.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 19:35   #565
BHPian

I had purchased 4 nos ContiCross Contact LX2 for my XUV500 in end of January 2019.

At the time of sale the dealer had told me 3 years warranty.

This month on 6th December one of the tyres had a small cut on the side wall. Picture attached for reference. I approached the dealer to claim warranty but the dealer says that company has rejected claim saying user fault.

Continental tyres-c337704531414633a314de19d321ea16.jpeg

Continental tyres-89cbf5a00ba745fea39f5d751fe3db3c.jpeg

The crack has a natural pattern developed in the material. Had it been a cut due to any sharp object it would have been a slice in a straight line. There are no other signs of impact or wear. The tyres have run 40,000 kms.

I asked the dealer to let me directly speak to the company in person but he just isn’t responding and seems to be delaying things. It has been more then 20 days.
After much persuasion now the dealer has accepted to replace the tire with 50% cost saying he will deal with the company on his own and this is the best he can do. Is this normal warranty practice?

Is the crack actually a user fault or a genuine warranty claim? Would appreciate any kind of information.
Old 30th December 2021, 19:46   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstar View Post
I had purchased 4 nos ContiCross Contact LX2 for my XUV500 in end of January 2019.

At the time of sale the dealer had told me 3 years warranty
Depends on the type of warranty printed on the card. If warranty states that warranty is prorata, then, considering 50% of warranty period is over, 50% price is right deal.
If card states, warranty is free replacement for any damages, then, dealer is trying to cheat you by asking 50% cost. And probably that may be a reason for him to say, he will deal with manufacturer and avoiding your interaction.

Suggest you to

1. Look at warranty card and read all terms and conditions to understand what warranty you have been given

2. Write to manufacturer (find email id from their website) attaching the soft copy of the warranty card and inform dealer behaviour.

These should help.
gkveda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 20:01   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After much persuasion now the dealer has accepted to replace the tire with 50% cost saying he will deal with the company on his own and this is the best he can do. Is this normal warranty practice?
Please check your warranty card, it will have terms and conditions. I checked one of my Apollo tyres warranty card (attached) and though it states three years unconditional warranty, but there is a condition up to 50% wear or 3 years from date of manufacturing.

Please also check manufacturing date on the tyre as it is very close to three years. If you got the tyres during end of January 2019, then it might have been manufactured few weeks earlier. Considering this and after 40,000 kms run 50% deal may not be bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Continental tyres-img_20211230_194402.jpg  

airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 20:29   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I had faced similar crack on Michelin XM2 tyres on my Vento. Michelin rejected the claim saying it is not due to manufacturing defect. After much persuation they offered 50% discount on new tyre.

I would suggest you to go ahead with dealers offer of 50% discount.

50% of something is better than nothing.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 08:14   #569
BHPian

Thank you @gkveda @airbus & @el_lobo_6061 for the prompt response.

I just have the Invoice as proof of purchase. The dealer did not provide a warranty card and said warranty is valid with the Invoice. Will be careful next time and insist on the warranty card.

For warranty terms, I remember the dealer saying 3 years unconditional warranty.

The dealer has been dodging my phone calls and overall just delaying things. I am running the XUV500 on a service wheel and have to postpone my long distance travel every week because of that. So can’t delay things any further.

Finally I have agreed to pay 50% cost for tyre replacement and the dealer has told me it will be available next week.
Old 3rd January 2022, 10:02   #570
Senior - BHPian

Been using Conti SC5 in 225 45 17 in Octavia for 7k kms. I am mightily impressed with the tyres. I bought this instead of PS4 due to non availability of latter. CS5 has really improved the dynamics, I am sure PS4 would have been better here. But my recent highway drive to Goa the car really went through couple of big pot holes and multiple smaller ones at some good speeds. Both tyre and alloys totally held things well. Might have to do with SC5 being manufactured in India, as I doubt any other low profile tyres would have taken this abuse.
My next change I really was planning for PS4, but now I have my doubts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks