Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2022, 23:42   #676
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 83
Thanked: 160 Times
Re: Continental tyres

Car: Ritz
Old tyres: Michelin XM2 185/70 R14
New ones: Continental UC6 185/70 R14
Cost: 6200/- a piece, ~1k for 4 valves, ~2k for balancing and alignment.
Place: Tyre Empire Whitefield, Bangalore

Michelins were 5 years old and clocked about 50k. They were doing fine except for road noise. But owing to torn sidewall on one of the tyres I had to replace all 4. Front left tyre hit the curb on a narrow road at very low speed. Side wall cracked and the tyre went flat with a pretty loud sound. Better this way than a mishap on a highway.

Initial impressions on Contis - more or less the same as XM2 but I feel XM2 inspired better braking confidence. I would have gone for Michelins again if only they were available.

Tyre Empire was up-selling their 'tyre synchronization' where they apparently match the unevenness of wheel with that of the tyre for better balancing. To put it in simpler terms, think of it as holding the wheel stationary and rotate the tyre around it until the computer thinks whatever is the best point to leave it at. It would cost up to 5.5k as opposed to ~2k for the normal road-force balancing they do. And the effort gone waste if the tyre needs to be removed from the wheel for fixing a puncture or whatever other reason. I felt it was an overkill and not worth the money for a 9 year old basic hatchback.

Old tyres were taken for almost zero value. If I had a place to store the tyres I would rather have waited to give it to someone who might put them to reuse.

As a side note, bought Maxxlink wipers from the same shop. It started pouring on my way back home. New wipers performed really well.
Biker Ram is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 01:03   #677
Senior - BHPian
 
Klub Class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KA17|KL65|KL41
Posts: 4,854
Thanked: 1,928 Times
Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Ram View Post
~1k for 4 valves
Rs 250/valve is a total rip-off.

Maruti sells Triton valves. Next time, buy tyre valves from MGP outlet (comes as a pack of 10) or Boodmo (can buy as single units). They are inexpensive at just Rs 300 for 10 units

TR414 (Part Number: 43130M66L10)

TR413 (Part Number: 43130M66L00)

PS: Majority of the cars have TR414 valves. You can use TR414 instead of TR413. They differ in length alone (TR413 is shorter)
Klub Class is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 11:27   #678
Senior - BHPian
 
mithun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 2,178
Thanked: 244 Times
Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post

Maruti sells Triton valves. Next time, buy tyre valves from MGP outlet (comes as a pack of 10) or Boodmo (can buy as single units).
Is it mandatory to change tyre valves when buying new tyres?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Ram View Post
Car: Ritz
Old tyres: Michelin XM2 185/70 R14
New ones: Continental UC6 185/70 R14
Cost: 6200/- a piece, ~1k for 4 valves, ~2k for balancing and alignment.
Place: Tyre Empire Whitefield, Bangalore
Last week in Cochin, Continental UC6 185/70 R14 was available for 4800-5000
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 11:59   #679
Senior - BHPian
 
Klub Class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KA17|KL65|KL41
Posts: 4,854
Thanked: 1,928 Times
Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Is it mandatory to change tyre valves when buying new tyres?
Yes, it's a good practice to replace the valves while putting new tyres


Quote:
Last week in Cochin, Continental UC6 185/70 R14 was available for 4800-5000
Yes, the tyre price looks high. Forgot to comment on it

I paid Rs 4430/tyre and Rs 5200/tyre for 185/70 R14 and 195/60 R15 Continental UC6 respectively in March 2022.

Last edited by Klub Class : 21st October 2022 at 12:02.
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 12:06   #680
BHPian
 
tbppjpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: India
Posts: 778
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Is it mandatory to change tyre valves when buying new tyres?
Install TPMS instead of normal valves. You will also get air pressure and temperature alerts using mobile app or on secondary screen which can be bought as an additional accessory.
tbppjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 13:02   #681
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 614
Thanked: 497 Times
Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Rs 250/valve is a total rip-off.

Maruti sells Triton valves. Next time, buy tyre valves from MGP outlet (comes as a pack of 10) or Boodmo (can buy as single units). They are inexpensive at just Rs 300 for 10 units

TR414 (Part Number: 43130M66L10)

TR413 (Part Number: 43130M66L00)

PS: Majority of the cars have TR414 valves. You can use TR414 instead of TR413. They differ in length alone (TR413 is shorter)
Here are the specs for tyre valves (source : https://www.accuravalves.com/tr413.php)
Attached Thumbnails
Continental tyres-screenshot-20221021-130116.png  


Last edited by manjubp : 21st October 2022 at 13:03.
manjubp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 23:19   #682
BHPian
 
Sushil Pingua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Jharkhand.
Posts: 157
Thanked: 378 Times
Re: Continental tyres

Dear BHPians,

Has anyone used the Conti Cross Contact AT tyres on the Force Gurkha? Kindly comment on its performance both on and off the tarmac.

Regards.
Sushil Pingua is offline  
Old 4th November 2022, 16:08   #683
Senior - BHPian
 
mithun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 2,178
Thanked: 244 Times
Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I must say that UC6 have left me impressed, both in terms of road noise as well as performance in all kind of terrains - Wet, rough and concrete roads. I am glad I ended up making the right choice and barely 3 months and I have clocked 10k on these already.
Can you please share a long-term review of UC6? Planning to go for Ritz & Ertiga.

20% of my driving is through rough roads. Would you recommend UC6 or Yoko Earth 1 in that case.
mithun is offline  
Old 7th November 2022, 09:11   #684
Distinguished - BHPian
 
paragsachania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 7,119
Thanked: 26,817 Times
Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Can you please share a long-term review of UC6? Planning to go for Ritz & Ertiga.

20% of my driving is through rough roads. Would you recommend UC6 or Yoko Earth 1 in that case.
I have now clocked a little above 30,000 Km with the UC6 and I continue to share the same feedback which I did last year when I had driven just 15K Km with these.

The tires are performing absolutely well, are silent and have witnessed not more than 1 puncture in one of the tires till date.

I have driven on good, bad to very bad roads and have found them to perform as per expectation and the ride is certainly soft. Since I have settled for 195/60 that are tad low profile compared to OE specs, I have definitely found the handling to be a lot better too.

Hence, even with bad roads, you can very well settle for a set of UC6s.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 21:54   #685
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 28
Thanked: 30 Times
Re: Continental tyres

Took Delivery of Santro Sportz Executive CNG on 20 July 2022. Comes with 155/80 R13 MRF ZVTS stock tyres. Drove them for around 2500 km.

After 3 months on 22 October changed all 5 tyres to Continental CC6. Paid extra 6k for exchange of tyres in Mahavir Tyres, Delhi.

Road Noise decreased.
Attached Thumbnails
Continental tyres-img_20221110_215248.jpg  

Continental tyres-img_20221110_215325.jpg  

Travel Bright is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 12:01   #686
Senior - BHPian
 
mithun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 2,178
Thanked: 244 Times
Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I have now clocked a little above 30,000 Km with the UC6 and I continue to share the same feedback which I did last year when I had driven just 15K Km with these.

The tires are performing absolutely well, are silent and have witnessed not more than 1 puncture in one of the tires till date.

I have driven on good, bad to very bad roads and have found them to perform as per expectation and the ride is certainly soft. Since I have settled for 195/60 that are tad low profile compared to OE specs, I have definitely found the handling to be a lot better too.

Hence, even with bad roads, you can very well settle for a set of UC6s.
Thanks for the help.

Bought 4 UC6 tyres manufactured on 3rd week of October. I've only driven 200 KMS so far; so I'm not eligible to post a review.

As of now they are hard; will post the updated review.
mithun is offline  
Old 28th November 2022, 15:45   #687
BHPian
 
automachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 117
Thanked: 60 Times
Re: Continental tyres

I am planning to get UC6 205/55/ R16 size tyres for my honda city ZX iDtec. I have received quote from two dealers in North Bangalore for 9400 and 9500/- per tyre. Can anyone provide update on UC6 206/55 R16 prices in Bangalore?
automachine is offline  
Old 3rd December 2022, 16:51   #688
BHPian
 
AravBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: BLR/Hassan
Posts: 31
Thanked: 27 Times
Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by automachine View Post
I am planning to get UC6 205/55/ R16 size tyres for my honda city ZX iDtec. I have received quote from two dealers in North Bangalore for 9400 and 9500/- per tyre. Can anyone provide update on UC6 206/55 R16 prices in Bangalore?
I enquired at few places in Bangalore South for UC6 195/55/R16 my my Honda City ZX. Price quoted is in the same range. Do both 195 & 205 cost the same ?
AravBS is offline  
Old 4th December 2022, 19:05   #689
BHPian
 
automachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 117
Thanked: 60 Times
Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by AravBS View Post
Do both 195 & 205 cost the same ?
I think the 195 width tyre should cost couple of hundreds lesser. I am going for the tyre change sometime next week. After multiple inquiries I found the lowest price of 9400/- per tyre at Sri Vari tyres in Yelahanka. I will post an update once I have done the tyre change.
automachine is offline  
Old 10th December 2022, 15:43   #690
BHPian
 
automachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 117
Thanked: 60 Times
Re: Continental tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by AravBS View Post
Do both 195 & 205 cost the same ?
I just got new set of Continental UC6 195/55 R16 tyres at cost of 8900/- per tyre for my 2017 diesel honda city ZX. I have also replaced older tyre valve with new triton metal valve at 250/- per valve. The reason I did not go with my original upgrade plan of 205/55 R16 was that I already had updated the OEM 185/55 R16 tyres to 195/55 Continental MC5 and overall I was happy with the handling of car especially on highways. I did not want any major change in driving dynamics and did not wish to have any impact on the city diesel FE. Also the tyre dealer recommended the 195 section width only for my car. So far I am satisfied with the ride quality and the tyre noise is well contained. I have a long trip planned next week so I will get to know the performance of the tyres on highways.

Last edited by automachine : 10th December 2022 at 15:53.
automachine is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks