Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2023, 20:17   #751
BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

Hi, I have booked a Virtus GT and would like to change my tires to UC6 as soon as I receive it.
Can someone suggest a trusted dealer preferably in Gurgaon, where I can expect a decent exchange price as well ?
jaysonline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 10:22   #752

Switched to Conti UC6 for my Punto Abarth, retaining the stock 195-55/16 size.

Outgoing Apollos served well despite being prone to wheelspins (torque steer) adding to the thrill which has now noticably reduced with the Contis. Must add that I had cracked open 2 Apollos over Kalyan Dombivli region's finest road art partly also due to my over enthusastic driving in early phases of Abarth owmership when I used to push at every bit of empty road space. So, can't lay any blame on Apollos as they lasted me well once I learnt to curb my enthusiasm.

Was tempted to go for Pirellis or Michelins but lack of availability meant Conti was the next best choice.

Expectedly, over the rock hard (33k kms and 5 year old manufactured) Apollos, Contis are noiseless (more of the engine note could be heard inside cabin) while feeling more pliant in braking and over bumps. At 8.5k a piece with WA and WB, hoping they last well and deliver good performance throughout their life.

Admittedly my mindset has changed (a bit) since when I bought the car and I have promised myself to try and resist the urge in unleashing the Abarth only over well made roads (a rarity in MH). Mind you its not an easy thing to do especially when when you come across other enthusiastic bunch of road users in their TSIs, Virtuses/Slavias, Vernas honking and flashing in the mirrors . Gotta uphold the Abarth's honor as well.

Happy Motoring.
Attached Thumbnails
Continental tyres-img_20230527_235755189.jpg  

Continental tyres-img_20230527_183054279.jpg  

Continental tyres-img_20230527_183045244.jpg  

Continental tyres-img_20230528_000257291.jpg  

Tifosi2306 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 21:45   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonline View Post
Hi, I have booked a Virtus GT and would like to change my tires to UC6 as soon as I receive it.
Can someone suggest a trusted dealer preferably in Gurgaon, where I can expect a decent exchange price as well ?
Prathamwheelz in Gurgaon
lxskllr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 22:36   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations !!
You can try Jain Tyres near Good Earth Mall, got mine from them, they were good and price was at par with other stores. Not sure about buyback of old tyres, would suggest you to please discuss with them before going.
Agarwal_Aayush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 13:55   #755
BHPian

Changed my VW Jetta 2014 tyres to Conti UC6 at 83,000 KMs, brought from Sri Balaji Tyres, JC Road, Bangalore, at Rs8,700/per tyre including balancing, valve and installation. They were oven fresh, with manufactured timemile indicating 2123 (week 21 of 2023). I stuck to the stock size of 205-55/16.

The outgoing tyres were Micheline PS3, installed in April 2018 and when odd was at 35,xxx Kms. It served really well and still had lot of thread (may be 10-15K Kms easily), however the tyre noise had considerably increased and side walls were hardened due to ageing.

With non-availability of Michelin in 16inch, UC6 was the next choice and then MRF prefinza was the next choice (Quoted ~7,200/- @ Balaji).

Just covered <100Kms in 24 hrs, I need to drive for couple 1000s and 10000s KMs before short and long term feedback.

Last edited by manjubp : 4th June 2023 at 14:04.
manjubp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 20:41   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Please do post when you get UC6 and the price you get it for in Gurgaon.

I have seen mixed reviews for UC6 and Yoko Bluearth GT.

Can someone share real experience on how much do UC6's last on city roads? Someone on this forum said UC6 wears faster.
Old 7th June 2023, 21:05   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post
Can someone share real experience on how much do UC6's last on city roads? Someone on this forum said UC6 wears faster.
Tyre life depends on many things, one being how you drive, if you are a spirited driver, tyres will last less, second, the tyre pressure and timely rotation also plays a major role.

I have UC6 in my car and have heard that they last uptil 50K kms. I also have CC5 on my other car and they have been driven 34K kms with still alteast 35-40% life left so 50K is achievable.
Agarwal_Aayush is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 22:25   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post
Please do post when you get UC6 and the price you get it for in Gurgaon.
Finally got the Ceats replaced for about 16k from Tyre World, Sikanderpur. Got the same sized UC6 manufactured in 22nd week(2223).
Let's see how it does in the long run.
jaysonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 11:12   #759
BHPian

Recently changed tyres on my Honda city 2012, has Yoko earth1 from 2016 that came along with the car when I purchased it recently, the tyres were not rotated for 25k kms hence uneven wear and tear, I did it to buy some time before I change them, rode for 3k kms. Since I had to go for a trip with family and the tyre I decided to change them all to UC6 195/60/15 and boy oh boy the change was nothing short of words, no tyre noise, comfort, since upgraded size the car feels more planted at speed and the grip is great. Braking has improved too. Cost me 6550 a piece inclusive of fitting and alignment.
indie_honda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 11:46   #760

I recently changed four stock tyres of my car, JK Vectra, on May 21st with Continental uc6. The new tyres were feeling good and I somehow ignored that I paid more (i paid 5800 each including alignment, wheel balancing, nitrogen) since I didn't travel much on a Sunday, KR Puram to JC road in Bangalore requires well laid out planning and execution.
The tyres have a manufacturer date as week 2023, but I am concerned about how the tyres look a bit under inflated. I tried to see others if someone has similar tyres (everywhere I go, I tend to see the tyre manufacturer now) and how it looks like but didn't have luck. The pressure was 35 psi, and the rear tyres too look similarly under inflated.
Thanks for reading till here, sorry if it was long. Please if you can help with your views
Attached Thumbnails
Continental tyres-20230528_154948.jpg  

Continental tyres-20230528_155107.jpg  

Continental tyres-20230528_155128.jpg  

Nomad_by_choice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 11:57   #761
BHPian

I am in the same boat as you, I have stopped multiple times on my recent trip of 400kms just to confirm the tyre pressure. Can someone confirm what the ideal tyre pressure should be for 195/60/15 since I upgraded from 175/65/15 on my honda city. Any help will be appreciated. The manufacturer recommendation for 175/65/15 was 32 front / 30 rear.
indie_honda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 01:48   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad_by_choice View Post
I recently changed four stock tyres of my car, JK Vectra, on May 21st with Continental uc6. The tyres have a manufacturer date as week 2023, but I am concerned about how the tyres look a bit under inflated. I tried to see others if someone has similar tyres (everywhere I go, I tend to see the tyre manufacturer now) and how it looks like but didn't have luck. The pressure was 35 psi, and the rear tyres too look similarly under inflated. Thanks for reading till here, sorry if it was long. Please if you can help with your views
Quote:
Originally Posted by indie_honda View Post
I am in the same boat as you, I have stopped multiple times on my recent trip of 400kms just to confirm the tyre pressure. Can someone confirm what the ideal tyre pressure should be for 195/60/15 since I upgraded from 175/65/15 on my honda city. Any help will be appreciated. The manufacturer recommendation for 175/65/15 was 32 front / 30 rear.
Gentlemen,

You should follow the tire pressure recommended by your OEM for the vehicle that you can find on your door jam. Please note that if you have changed the tire size does not mean that it would require a change in tire pressure as long as the load rating of the tire and the vehicle's load-carrying duty has not changed.

A 175/65R15 at 32/30 PSI would exert the same pressure on the asphalt to support the vehicle as 195/60R15 at 32/30 PSI although the amount of air required for the larger tire would be more.

PSI means Pound per square inch, therefore, we're talking here pressure as a proportion of the area on which it will be exerted.

The only scenario where the tire pressure can potentially change (and that too slightly) is when you go from a P Metric tire to an LT tire (light truck) and upsize.

As for the statement that the tire looks underinflated; most of the well-known international tire brands use a softer rubber compound which gives a cushy ride for which a flexible sidewall is required. The downside is that the mileage (number of kilometers) a tire will last will be a bit less. Most of the Indian manufacturers use a harder rubber compound to provide better mileage (longer lasting) as that's the buying criteria in most of the Indian market. These tires typically have a stiffer side wall and thereby appear more upright and that explains your perception.

A suggestion: On average a tire loses 1 PSI of pressure in 30 days. Please ensure all your dust caps are intact. Please invest in a good quality tire inflator and a tire gauge. Most of the tire stores/gas stations have defective tire gauges and these are almost never calibrated so 32PSI in all probability means 26 or 38PSI. Believe me, it is an investment that is well worth it & will pay for itself in six months. I have four cars & all of these carry their own tire inflator and individual pressure gauges.

I'm sure all of us spend more money on fuel in one month than the cost of a good quality tire inflator.
Vikram Arya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 16:39   #763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post
You should follow the tire pressure recommended by your OEM for the vehicle that you can find on your door jam. Please note that if you have changed the tire size does not mean that it would require a change in tire pressure as long as the load rating of the tire and the vehicle's load-carrying duty has not changed.
Thanks for the reply and advice, I too was looking for a decent tyre inflator and pressure gauge (in the opposite order though to minimize the impact of the cost). Once I have been accustomed to nitrogen filling, I guess I miss the old charm of measuring the air pressure every weekend. To have one would be a good idea and now I have someone endorsing it.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 18th June 2023 at 17:18. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Nomad_by_choice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 20:55   #764
BHPian

I have an Etios with Continental tyres. The recommended pressure is 32 for all 4. For the last 6 months, I found that the ride quality was a bit unsettled, a bit boat-like. The suspension seems to be ok; no issues there. It became a bit better after I rotated the tyres. So I started suspecting the tyres and was in two minds about changing them. A few weeks ago, I considered experimenting by increasing tyre pressure to 34. That changed the handling for the better. The boat-like ride gave way to a more stable driving experience; the car seems more planted and absorbs road imperfections, including small potholes, much better.

Did anybody else notice this?

Does anybody have an explanation for this phenomenon?

Last edited by navin : 24th June 2023 at 18:15. Reason: grammar and formatting
Old 24th June 2023, 16:58   #765
BHPian

I would like to change my vehicle's tyres to Contis. Any recommendation on a good place to buy them in Bangalore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks