Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 23:28   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
My cousin has taken my car again to Bangalore & I was driving around with the Tavera on A-Drives. You know what I could have done on the NH with the Tavera
I can see the Tavera putting up a brave but futile fight against a modded Corsa, a modded Esteem, a stock 1.6S and a stock Jag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Now, all this calls for a Chennai Meet (Race Track or just about anywhere) with a bunch of Fiestas for sure so that I have my share of demos. Does it sound selfish?
Some guys are planning a P&P session on July 11th but I am not sure if I can make it. We can catch up on one of the Sunday night meets at RK Salai though.
Old 13th July 2010, 22:41   #122
Senior - BHPian

So I've gone through this entire thread, almost every post. I'm considering tossing those RFT's on the 320d for the CPC2 all around. But going through some of the posts, I'm in a bit of a confusion.

Some posts say that comfort is excellent, while some posts say the ride will get harder. Some posts claim conflicting reports regarding the sidewall i.e. the sidewall is either too soft and prone to bulges / cuts, or really rugged and durable.

Now I am hoping to get these things clarified.

Also, I found this old post interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
...I've seen so many complaints about these premium/sporty tyres - cuts, bulges etc, while none about these regular tyres, hence my apprehension...
I completely agree with this. Why do premium tyres have to be more prone to these mishaps? Within 5000 km I'm having to change my tyres all around because of the RFT's, and I canNOT have another cut / bulge till the tyres wear their life out, atleast not due to the nature of tyres (hard sidewall etc.) I've read so much about how premium cars should have premium tyres etc, but frankly, if a Yoko can do the job just as well and RELIABLY as some expensive Conti / Michelin, I'm game.
Old 3rd August 2010, 16:14   #123
BHPian

CPC2 Tires Worn-out early

I changed from stock to CPC2 tires about 12months back (Aug 09) for Swift D. Profile is 195/60/R15. The manufacturing date is Dec 08.

Now after 20000kms, my front tires seems to be little worn out early compared to rear tires + spare tire.
I have managed wheel balancing and alignment on regular basis for every 5000kms from a good tire shop.

I checked the tread with the tire shop and they said the front tires would last for another 6-8k kms.

However, the claim for CPC2 tires is around 40K kms from the company.
Till date it has given me good comfort with less noise and grip.
Old 5th August 2010, 13:27   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Front tyres will wear out early. Have you got rotation done?
Old 10th August 2010, 16:32   #125
BHPian

@Nikhil:
I will get the rotation done this week.
Thinking of the following:
Rear tires are good. So, will push them to front. Spare tire goes to rear. For another tire, i will resuse the least worn out of front tires.

Hopefully it should serve for another 10k kms.
Old 10th August 2010, 19:12   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Did you get the rotation done regularly? You seem to have missed my question! I dont think you have got rotation done properly. If it was, maybe the service centre people messed it up?

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 10th August 2010 at 19:14.
Old 11th August 2010, 17:55   #127
BHPian

@Nikhil:
I did get the rotation done regularly from 5000, 10000 and 15000 kms from Tyre Prof, Bangalore. And the tyres are bought from Tyre Prof itself hence i go there.

Anyways, i should be ready to change the tyres may be after 8-10000 kms. Thinking should i go same profile tyres or downgrade to 185/70/R14.
I think more tyre contact to road also tends to wear early than usual stock tires.

BTW, what would be the max kms the CPC2 would last in normal driving conditions?
Old 12th August 2010, 13:35   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok. Did you make sure the service guys didnt screw up the rotation? Usually they remove the tyres and then dont put it back in the correct position.

CPC2 should last at least 40k kms.
Old 12th August 2010, 13:55   #129
BHPian

Thanks Nikhil. Normally, I give it to Suraksha Car Care.
Hopefully, I will try to get the maximum out of the remaining treads without compromising on safety.
As per the tires, they are awesome.
It has given me/my family comfort and taken all the harsh driving city and highway drives.

What are comfort tires available from Yokohama? C or A drives? I also heard of earth1.
Otherwise, will settle for Michelin Primacy LC.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:12   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
CPC2 should last at least 40k kms.
I'm guessing in my case they may last maybe 20% less, but still, this is good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Otherwise, will settle for Michelin Primacy LC.
I'm no guru, but apparently the LC is very comfort-oriented and hence has a soft sidewall which is prone to cuts and damage.
Old 13th August 2010, 23:49   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
@Nikhil:
I will get the rotation done this week.
Thinking of the following:
Rear tires are good. So, will push them to front. Spare tire goes to rear. For another tire, i will resuse the least worn out of front tires.

Hopefully it should serve for another 10k kms.
Be sure that you dont put tires with very low tread on to rear - can cause a life threatening situation due to oversteer

Why New Front Tires on Your Back Wheels Are a Good Idea - Popular Mechanics
Old 14th August 2010, 06:41   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
Be sure that you dont put tires with very low tread on to rear - can cause a life threatening situation due to oversteer

Why New Front Tires on Your Back Wheels Are a Good Idea - Popular Mechanics
I felt the article is about RWD vehicles. Does it hold good for FWD too?
Old 14th August 2010, 23:58   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I felt the article is about RWD vehicles. Does it hold good for FWD too?
It does as the under-steer and / or over-steer described is not related to the set of wheels that power the car but the grip the car has with the pavement.
I have had a scary experience of over-steer in the baleno when one of the rear wheels lost 90% air due to a puncture, I drove on unknowingly on and cornered at a turnoff. it became impossible to control the car and I almost ended up in a ditch

Last edited by Buffetfan : 15th August 2010 at 00:00.
Old 3rd September 2010, 19:30   #134
BHPian

I just fitted Continental CEC tyres of spark after using Apollo Accelere for 45K KMs. Initial experience is good - specially road noise has gone down drastically.

Today morning I read about some accident on Pune-Mumbai express highway due to tyre burst. I am now bit worried about how this tyre will do on express highway (concrete surface) compared to any India tyre.
Old 19th September 2010, 21:11   #135
BHPian

turanza er60 with cpc2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
So I've gone through this entire thread, almost every post. But going through some of the posts, I'm in a bit of a confusion.

Some posts say that comfort is excellent, while some posts say the ride will get harder. Some posts claim conflicting reports regarding the sidewall i.e. the sidewall is either too soft and prone to bulges / cuts, or really rugged and durable.
precisely the same condition here. only today morning, i was contemplating a change to Michelin XM1+, and that's when I came to know about Bridgestone Turanza to be better suited for bad roads due to their tough sidewall vis-a-vis XM1+. so i replaced my palio's front two tyres with the BS Turanza ER60. happy and satisfied.

then i come across this thread. went through all of it, and confused like anything. i am thinking of replacing the rear tyres as well in next 2-3 months (definitely not in hurry), and had decided to replace them with Turanza ER60 only. but now i am in 2 minds due to CPC2.

will it be good idea to have 2 BS Turanza ER60 in the front, coupled with 2 CPC2 in the rear (or vice-a-versa)?? will it be best-of-both-worlds or worst-of-this-world??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks