Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2014, 11:03   #256
BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

I am using a set of Continental Premium Contacts 195/60 R14 on my Polo TDI Trendline, since March 2014. The tyres are manufactured in South Africa, costed me Rs. 5,400/-, a piece.

Have done around 10k kms on them, loving every inch with those tyres, super tight grip, low noise, and wet grip is exceptional(Pune gets a fair share of rains!) or maybe I feel the change because I come from a set of stock Apollo Acceleres, which unfortunately got chipped big time doing just around 26k kms.

Also the side wall seems to be pretty sturdy, because I once had an incident where the rim got hit on the side and was bent beyond being usable, I got the tyre checked at three tyre outlets, all of them told me there's no damage, got a new rim and we were good to go!

I was keen on the Continental CPC2, then decided to go with another set of Apollos , due to budget constraint, went to check on both these options when the dealer showed me the CPC, I couldn't resist the tread design on these, did a quick credit balance check and went with these, I glad I did!
Continental tyres-img_2491.jpg

Last edited by 599gto : 11th December 2014 at 11:15.
599gto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 12:17   #257
BHPian

I replaced the Yoko A Drives on my 2008 Swift Vxi with Continental CC5 (185/70R14) from Madhu's Bangalore a couple of weeks back (Thanks, Nikhil!). Since then I've driven about 1400km. More than 1000km of this was on the highways and the rest on crowded Bangalore and Chennai streets.
Very impressed with these tyres. Comfort and grip are definitely superior to any other tyre in this segment. I hit a seriously waterlogged patch on NH46 at about 90kph but the tyres kept their composure and I managed to get out without incident. I suppose there was some risk of aquaplaning under these circumstances. Will post a more detailed report later.
Its been so long since I posted on Tbhp, I feel like a newbie.
Old 25th March 2015, 19:39   #258
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Need suggestions on tyres for a Figo. The stock size is 175/70R14 and the size I am planning to put is 185/65R14.

I am primarily looking at a comfort-oriented tyre with decent grip and it should be strong enough to survive the Indian roads, which is to say that I won't be driving on horrible roads 99% of the time.

I shortlisted 2 tyres, XM2 and Continental CC5. I would request reviews on these two and if there are any better options.

Had also shortlisted Yokohama Cdrive but learnt from BK Tyres (Delhi) that it has been discontinued and there is no stock available. Is this true?

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 25th March 2015 at 19:41.
Old 25th March 2015, 23:29   #259
Senior - BHPian

I bought the CC5 for my Swift zxi just two pages back. Excellent bits of rubber, these are very very silent and very comfortable too. Size was 185/70R14

I liked the tires so much that I went looking for these for my Mitsubishi, size being 195/60R15 but was advised that Conti has stopped supplying sizes beyond 13" and the only option available is Max Contact.

So, if the tires you are getting are infact original Conti CC5s made in Modinagar, snap them up and if your dealer has the 15" in stock, share his contact details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
I shortlisted 2 tyres, XM2 and Continental CC5. I would request reviews on these two and if there are any better options.

Had also shortlisted Yokohama Cdrive but learnt from BK Tyres (Delhi) that it has been discontinued and there is no stock available. Is this true?
Old 29th March 2015, 21:30   #260
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the feedback.....I had been reading a bit on the Internet about these Continentals & it seems that they generally have good reviews when it comes to comfort & noise, but not so much when it comes to grip (especially in the wet) or durability (people have reported cracks & powdery deterioration quite soon). Although it may be too early for you to comment on the durability but how do you find the grip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I bought the CC5 for my Swift zxi just two pages back. Excellent bits of rubber, these are very very silent and very comfortable too. Size was 185/70R14
@ALL: Any idea if the CDrives are phased out in India? Any chance the CDrive2 is coming?
Old 30th March 2015, 12:02   #261
BHPian

Quote:
The stock size is 175/70R14 and the size I am planning to put is 185/65R14.
Isn't Figo standard size is 175/65 R14, I believe its same a Fiesta Classic?

Quote:
Any reason you rule out Yokohama Earth1 and MRF ZLO!

Earth1 is available in your requested size(185/65 R14). I am currently using it on my Fiesta (pre-Classic). I must say these are superb tyres. They take Indian road with grace, and bought calmness to my cabin!
Old 7th April 2015, 13:07   #262
BHPian

Hello !
After about 75000 Kms on Bridgestone Turanza, I had to go for 185/70 R14 tyre replacement for my Dzire ZDi. On visit to the tyre shop, the assistant suggested Michelin and Continental. When i asked him why continental, he said that the ply rating is twice the other tyres which results in lesser side wall damage and puncture specially on our roads. He then pressed both they tyres. While Michelene tyres depressed, the Continental ones hardly moved proving his comments.

He said Bridgestone is now making inferior stuff now that it is quite established in the market.

But i was worried that harder rubber could lead to quicker erosion due to higher friction but he said it is not so. Then i checked the forum and found that many people have gone for Continental tyres. So i went for CC5 for 4 tyres which cost me total about 18000 Rs.

I have done some 300 Kms on the new tyres so far and till now it has been good. I tend to agree with the comment that CC5 are more silent compared to other tyres and even at 100 kmph, you hear more on engine noise than tyre noise. I will keep the forum posted for any news.
autobahnjpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 00:14   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
I replaced the Yoko A Drives on my 2008 Swift Vxi with Continental CC5 (185/70R14) from Madhu's Bangalore a couple of weeks back (Thanks, Nikhil!). Since then I've driven about 1400km. More than 1000km of this was on the highways and the rest on crowded Bangalore and Chennai streets.
Very impressed with these tyres. Comfort and grip are definitely superior to any other tyre in this segment. I hit a seriously waterlogged patch on NH46 at about 90kph but the tyres kept their composure and I managed to get out without incident. I suppose there was some risk of aquaplaning under these circumstances. Will post a more detailed report later.
Its been so long since I posted on Tbhp, I feel like a newbie.
Hi,
i am looking out for a set of tyres for getz!
i had almost finalised on earth 1 (175/70R13), thanks to multiple members here, until i visited a shop last eve..! Now, he showed me Continental CC5.. according to him, the CC5 is comparable to xm2 in terms of comfort and grip, and i should opt for those over Earth1, i planned to ride highways more often since the CC5s had a better braking capability!

Now, i dont know how credible this info is, and would really appreciate some reviews from members who use CC5/earth1!!

thanks!
Old 30th April 2015, 16:38   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshan View Post
Hi,
i am looking out for a set of tyres....

.....would really appreciate some reviews from members who use CC5/earth1!!

thanks!
The CC5s make wet weather driving a most relaxing experience. I've never had to worry about grip no matter what speeds I'm doing. It would also be useful to upsize your wheels if you're interested in that sort of thing.
Roy.S is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 16:42   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
The CC5s make wet weather driving a most relaxing experience. I've never had to worry about grip no matter what speeds I'm doing. It would also be useful to upsize your wheels if you're interested in that sort of thing.
i am going in for 175/70 over the 155/80 that is stock! However, i am not going in for 14" since that would imply an additional expense of alloys!
Old 1st May 2015, 12:16   #266
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshan View Post
i had almost finalised on earth 1 (175/70R13),
..! Now, he showed me Continental CC5..
thanks!
I am looking for the same size for my Accent. Wanted Earth1, but this size isnt mentioned on their website. Bridgestone Ar20 - not available.

So I shortlisted Falken Sincera (vfm + 2yrs unconditional warrantee for sidewall cuts etc. They will calculate how much tread has been used and you pay the balance amount for the new replacement tyre.)

But your post made me think again. . Any info about the guarantee/warantee on CC5s?

Michelin XM or Turanza (cant remember which one) has 2 plys in the sidewall, most others have only 1 ply. This info was written on the side wall itself.
Old 1st May 2015, 14:46   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
I am looking for the same size for my Accent. Wanted Earth1, but this size isnt mentioned on their website. Bridgestone Ar20 - not available.

So I shortlisted Falken Sincera (vfm + 2yrs unconditional warrantee for sidewall cuts etc. They will calculate how much tread has been used and you pay the balance amount for the new replacement tyre.)

But your post made me think again. . Any info about the guarantee/warantee on CC5s?

Michelin XM or Turanza (cant remember which one) has 2 plys in the sidewall, most others have only 1 ply. This info was written on the side wall itself.
from what i had heard, earth 1 is available in that size, despite not being mentioned in the website! And, according to the dealer, cc5 and xm2 both offer better stopping stopping distances over the earth 1! guess i will opt for the cc5!
Old 3rd May 2015, 00:03   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post

have you decided on which ones you are going for?? the earth1 / cc5??
Old 18th June 2015, 22:54   #269

Thanks team for very informative discussion/ forum, two days back got new shoes for my punto ( 195/60/R15) mc5, I am impressed with the new tyre especially handling, grip and noise. I was not so sure if tyre change can do wonders for your drive comfort. Earlier I was having stock Goodyear GT3 ( 47000km) this could go another 5000km thanks to GT3 tyre too for good 47k ridership.
Old 13th July 2015, 11:37   #270
BHPian

Two days back, I went and got four new Continental CC5 tires for my Liva GD.

It was running on Good Year for last 49K kilometers. Tires had become noisy and hard, though the tread was still acceptable. I was vacillating between Michelin XM2, Yokohama Earth1, and Continental.

This Saturday I went to Resham Motors at Indirapuram, Gaziabad to check out Continental and ended up buying 4 tires for Rs. 4400 each, after discounts and giving away my old tires. I also changed the tyre size from the OEM 175/65/14 to 185/65/14.

Driving experience has been transformed after this change. I have driven around 100 kms after the change and the ride is great and silent. I hope it continues like this for long!

Most Viewed