Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2015, 00:34   #286
BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

I got them from Resham Tyres in Indirapuram; they have 02 showrooms, one in Jaipuria Mall Parking lot and other opposite to it. Also got a free Park avenue Men's kit and Nitrogen filling for tyres.
Old 18th October 2015, 09:42   #287
BHPian

How are the continental MC5 in comparison to the Michelin XM2 and the Yoko Earth drive?
Looking at the 195/60 R15 size.
Old 18th October 2015, 10:06   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
How are the continental MC5 in comparison to the Michelin XM2 and the Yoko Earth drive?
Looking at the 195/60 R15 size.
Continental MC5 are comparable to Michelin P3ST rather than XM2. Its a comfort based tyre with soft sidewalls and very good grip. I'm happy with 195/60-15 MC5s.
SunnyBoi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 10:11   #289
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys.. help me out please!

I own a Honda Amaze that came with Goodyear.. the tires are toooo bad and have gone bald at 42K :(

Researching the forums, I've almost finalized on Continentals.. but recent visit to Apollo and they changed my mind to Apollo 4G Life (with 1L km warranty).

Basically, am a very sedate driver (driving <60 kmph) on Delhi roads. Am looking for something that is durable enough to last app. 70K.

Please suggest.
Old 21st October 2015, 10:16   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Hi guys.. help me out please!

I own a Honda Amaze that came with Goodyear.. the tires are toooo bad and have gone bald at 42K :(

Researching the forums, I've almost finalized on Continentals.. but recent visit to Apollo and they changed my mind to Apollo 4G Life (with 1L km warranty).

Basically, am a very sedate driver (driving <60 kmph) on Delhi roads. Am looking for something that is durable enough to last app. 70K.

Please suggest.
42K is pretty good life i would say.

If longevity is your priority then buy Goodyear duraplus. They are supposed to last 1 Lakh kms. Taxi segment tyres. These wont offer comfort, will be rock hard, will have OK grip. For that matter any of the long lasting tyres have similar properties
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 10:19   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
If longevity is your priority then buy Goodyear duraplus.
Thanks buddy.. somewhat allergic to Goodyear brand as of now. Any other pointers? How are contis in terms of durability?
Old 21st October 2015, 10:31   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Thanks buddy.. somewhat allergic to Goodyear brand as of now. Any other pointers? How are contis in terms of durability?
None of the continental models will last you 70K kms. Max you can expect is 50K kms.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 16:26   #293
vsh
BHPian

Hi guys,

My dzire vdi has run 80000 km. I have yokohama A drives and now plan to go for continental cc5. I had changed stock tyres after 40000 kms. Yokos are good but very noisy. Heard that conti cc5 is silent. But can it last 40000kms?

Please advise.
Old 26th October 2015, 20:44   #294
BHPian

I up sized my Figo tires to 195/60 R15 (Good year) soon after purchase. At 48K replaced them with Conti Mc5. Big time improvement in tire noise. Grip is very good. Bad side is for the 60% aspect ratio, good year had lesser body roll while doing a quick lane change. Conti shows slightly more of body roll. The other bad side is the tires have worn out by and average of 1.5 mm in 6000 kms of usage which gives a rough guess that they would last only for another 30 to 35K max.

But I can live with this compared to the good year's unbearable tire noise and unpredictable grip.
Old 29th October 2015, 10:00   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
Hi guys,

My dzire vdi has run 80000 km. I have yokohama A drives and now plan to go for continental cc5. I had changed stock tyres after 40000 kms. Yokos are good but very noisy. Heard that conti cc5 is silent. But can it last 40000kms?

Please advise.

Hey, even i am in the same dilemma as you. I have a Ritz VDI and switched to Yoko A-Drives after delivery and i am closing in on 50k Kms running on them. The A-Drives are neither too good nor too bad. I had to decide between XM2 and A-Drive and went for A-Drive to save a couple hundred bucks. Should have stuck to XM2 then.

Now, again the choice is between XM2 and CC5, which retails at 4500/- and 4200/- respectively here for 185/70 R14.

Am in a fix whether to go for the tried and tested XM2 or take a chance with CC5 which has been getting good reviews.But not sure how they will fare once the Kms have been logged on them.
Old 2nd November 2015, 18:33   #296
vsh
BHPian

I bought the continental CC5(185/70 R14) for my Dzire and will update after completing around 1000 kms.
Old 3rd November 2015, 01:17   #297
BHPian

Re: MC5 vs. P3ST experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I've removed them and moved to 205/55-16 Continental MC5.
The question in brief: How would you compare the MC5 with the P3ST?

The context for my question is, I've been searching for (and test driving) tyres for my VW Vento that have a good balance between handling, grip & silence, a cross between the S-Drives (good steering feel, grip & braking but too noisy for me) and the P3ST (silent, but don't inspire confidence with that imprecise steering feels, and, apparently, don't grip even half as well, according to people who've driven them hard). I currently have the stock Apollo Aceleres, and their noise level is a bit too much for me.

Essentially, if I have this right, I'm searching for the Pirelli P7's qualities in 15", where unfortunately, it's not available.

From what I've been reading, the MC5 strikes just this balance. So, would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Incidentally, I also have the option to buy the Yokohama AVS db v550, which apparently does strike that balance, and in fact, in one of their international sites, Yokohama indicate the S-Drives & the v550 having the same level of grip & braking prowess. However, it's a very old tire, and in my mind, the way technology is moving, a tire launched 2-3 years ago (MC5, P3ST) is likely to be better than a decade old tire.

As the resident tyre expert, would really appreciate if you could weigh in on this.

Last edited by bosporus : 3rd November 2015 at 01:22.
Old 11th November 2015, 13:13   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
I bought the continental CC5(185/70 R14) for my Dzire and will update after completing around 1000 kms.
Hey vsh, can you please post your initial impressions about the Conti cc5.
i will be changing the tyres soon and it's a close call between cc5 and xm2.

Thanks.
Old 12th November 2015, 22:35   #299
vsh
BHPian

Hi abhi3284

Definitely the noise is less compared to yokohama, done around 1000 kms and i felt satisfied so far with the tyres. I never used michelins as i heard in the forum that they are on the softer side and my ride involves mostly local roads with pot holes. So you can say i went for the middle one between yoko and michelin.
vsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 14:49   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: MC5 vs. P3ST experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
The question in brief: How would you compare the MC5 with the P3ST?

The context for my question is, I've been searching for (and test driving) tyres for my VW Vento that have a good balance between handling, grip & silence, a cross between the S-Drives (good steering feel, grip & braking but too noisy for me) and the P3ST (silent, but don't inspire confidence with that imprecise steering feels, and, apparently, don't grip even half as well, according to people who've driven them hard). I currently have the stock Apollo Aceleres, and their noise level is a bit too much for me.

Essentially, if I have this right, I'm searching for the Pirelli P7's qualities in 15", where unfortunately, it's not available.

From what I've been reading, the MC5 strikes just this balance. So, would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Incidentally, I also have the option to buy the Yokohama AVS db v550, which apparently does strike that balance, and in fact, in one of their international sites, Yokohama indicate the S-Drives & the v550 having the same level of grip & braking prowess. However, it's a very old tire, and in my mind, the way technology is moving, a tire launched 2-3 years ago (MC5, P3ST) is likely to be better than a decade old tire.

As the resident tyre expert, would really appreciate if you could weigh in on this.
I have never driven a car extensively with the P3ST. So, I cant really comment.

I can say that the P3ST will be more durable. No particular example or proof to back me up on this but a friend accompanied me to Leh in ANHC with 195/60-15 P3STs and absolutely NO issues. Not even a puncture on the worst of roads.
Gannu on this forum went to Leh in his Polo running 195/60-15 P3ST.

The MC5 feels softer and I wouldnt have the guts to run it on such kind of roads.

Grip wise I feel the MC5 is better but to be honest it could just be that the bigger rims make me feel like grip is better.

To conclude I will say what I always say. The difference between these tyres is so minute it wont matter in the real world. Go with whatever you prefer and be happy.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks