Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2020, 09:29   #421
BHPian

Re: Continental tyres

Swapped the OEM tires on my Brezza ( Apollo Alnac 4G ) with UC6 after 65k on the stock tires. I must say, the difference is very evident.

The stock tires still had about 10k life left in them tread wise, but the rubber had become quite hard and the road noise inside the cabin was very irritating.

The UC6 on the other hand feels miles ahead in terms of ride quality and reduction of road noise. Started noticing some rattles inside the car after the tire upgrade which I never noticed before. The switch from tarmac to cement road on the regular stretches that I drive is not noticed at all on the UC6 whereas there was a distinct difference on the stock Apollos.

Didn't get the size upgraded as I felt the 215/60R16 was sufficient for the Brezza. Paid 9k per tire at SLNP Yelahanka in Bangalore with complementary balancing and alignment.
Having scouted unsuccessfully for the Primacy 4st for almost a month, I feel the decision to go ahead with the Continental UC6 was definitely worth it.
ashbhat2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 12:41   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
Didn't get the size upgraded as I felt the 215/60R16 was sufficient for the Brezza. Paid 9k per tire at SLNP Yelahanka in Bangalore with complementary balancing and alignment.
Not sure if the price increased , it's anyways little higher in Bangalore. My friend had got the same tyres for Rs.7300 in Kochi last month.
Old 30th December 2020, 20:41   #423
BHPian

I finally brought 4 continental UC 6 for my 2014 Jetta from discount tyres. Paid 8000rupees for 205/55/R16. The ride has become pretty smooth and silent, especially after using eagle NCT for all these years. Paid additional 120 rupees for each valves.
airforce1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 20:21   #424
BHPian

My 1st Gen Ford Figo, with 88k on the odo is in urgent need of a new set of tyres. I'm currently on my 2nd set, Yokohama Earth 1 which have covered roughly 43 km.

I have a choice between Yokohama Earth 1 and Continental UC6. Cost wise, there is barely any difference. I'm getting one month old tyres for both brands.

While my overall experience with the Yokos has been satisfactory, I did experience punctures in one particular tyre after running 20k.

I'm now wondering if I should stick to the tried and tested Yokos or give the new Conti UC6 a try. I understand these are a new range of tyres so long term reviews will be hard to come by, but would like to hear from fellow members, especially those who have switched from Yokos to UC6, which one of the two would be a better bet.
Old 6th January 2021, 05:17   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
My 1st Gen Ford Figo, with 88k on the odo is in urgent need of a new set of tyres. I'm currently on my 2nd set, Yokohama Earth 1 which have covered roughly 43 km.

I have a choice between Yokohama Earth 1 and Continental UC6. Cost wise, there is barely any difference. I'm getting one month old tyres for both brands.

While my overall experience with the Yokos has been satisfactory, I did experience punctures in one particular tyre after running 20k.

I'm now wondering if I should stick to the tried and tested Yokos or give the new Conti UC6 a try. I understand these are a new range of tyres so long term reviews will be hard to come by, but would like to hear from fellow members, especially those who have switched from Yokos to UC6, which one of the two would be a better bet.
Hello there,

Yokohama Earth-1 is a tire designed specifically for India according to Indian conditions whereas the Continental UC6 is sold across Europe, Aia Pacific & Australia. It is a soft compound tire as compared to Yokohama Earth-1. Also, handling/grip in rainy conditions seems to be the strength of this Continental tire (as per one of the tire reviewing websites).

Now whatever I have mentioned can have a different meaning to different people. Continental UC-6 will have a relatively softer ride but wear out relatively faster and in comparison, Yokohama Earth-1 is a middle of the road tire that will probably last longer, with a ride a bit on the firmer side and thereby better fuel economy.

Both of these tires seem to be good however depending upon what's important to you, it will be your call.
Vikram Arya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 08:13   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Where are you getting UC6? I tried every continental dealer for my first gen in Bangalore and UC6 does not come in 14 inch. CC6 does and i got a pretty good deal at 4650 per tyre manufactured last week of Dec (5120). Talk to Sree Balaji Tyres +919341213944. They take your old tyres back for a measly amount as well. I didnt do my balancing and alignment there, drove straight down to Madhus and wrapped it up.

Tyres are pretty good and apparently the sidewalls have been beefed up.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 10:02   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I tried every continental dealer for my first gen in Bangalore and UC6 does not come in 14 inch.
UC6 comes in 14 inch. I got 185/65/14 UC6 from Madhus itself around a month back. 4420 manufacturing date.
Attached Thumbnails
Continental tyres-dc71d3fedb2a42b0a0f32122bd6e9f56.jpeg  

Yakuza is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 10:07   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza View Post
UC6 comes in 14 inch. I got 185/65/14 UC6 from Madhus itself around a month back. 4420 manufacturing date.
Strange. Not sure why I was told otherwise. I called Madhu’s at Langford and they said they don’t deal with continental! How much did you pay?

Anywho, I went with cc6, since I wanted comfort...considering it’s in the name
Old 6th January 2021, 12:23   #429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
but would like to hear from fellow members, especially those who have switched from Yokos to UC6, which one of the two would be a better bet.
Just got a call from Govind Kabra of Millivision - he will likely match the price of Balaji Tyres, and he has fresh End Dec stock. Do give him a ring and tell him you were referred by team bhp. 98450 53430. They also buy back tyres.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 11:41   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Just got a call from Govind Kabra of Millivision - he will likely match the price of Balaji Tyres, and he has fresh End Dec stock. Do give him a ring and tell him you were referred by team bhp. 98450 53430. They also buy back tyres.
Thank you so much for taking the initiative. Unfortunately I'm not in Bangalore now, in Mumbai for a visit. Since one of my tyres got multiple punctures while driving to Mumbai, didn't have a choice but to replace the tyres before starting the return journey to Bangalore.

Finally bought the Conti UC6 from Balaji tyres in Chembur. It's just been a day but the ride quality has improved and NVH has reduced considerably. Ofcourse I can't compare it with the the 43k-run Yokos but as far as I can recall, this is the quietest my Figo has been. Loving it so far!

Thanks again!
MorePower is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 15:54   #431
rbp
BHPian

I have been quoted 4800 for 185/65 R14 UC6, is that a fair price?
Old 8th January 2021, 16:05   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
I have been quoted 4800 for 185/65 R14 UC6, is that a fair price?
Yeah i was quoted the same price for the CC6. Go ahead.

What is the difference between the CC6 and the UC6? Does anyone know?

Edit https://www.carsifu.my/news/first-im...%20counterpart.

Quote:
The CC6 gains further improvements with its new 'Whisper' tyre compound that not only helps to lower rolling resistance, but also elevate durability, handling, comfort, dry/wet braking and fuel efficiency to higher levels.

Additional features for the CC6 include noise-cancelling chambers (Harmonic Comfort Chambers based on the Helmholtz resonator principle) that are placed on the tyre's inner tread pattern.
Quote:
For those who often desire a good session of spirited driving, this won't be the go-to tyre, which has a tendency of becoming squeamish after just a few hard corners.
Quote:
As for the all-rounded UC6, it uses a 'Diamond' blend compound to improve overall grip levels while in dry or wet conditions, but isn't as capable in providing the same amount of durability, fuel-efficiency or reduced rolling noise levels as its CC6 tyre counterpart.
Quote:
The UC6 isn't as effective in reducing its noise levels with its Noise Breaker 2.0, which is much like the CC6's '0 dB eaters' found between the main grooves, and also lacks the Harmonic Comfort Chambers.
Quote:
Once at legal cruising speeds, we quickly found ourselves wishing for CC6's lack of rolling tyre noise, but later settled for the UC6's communicative disposition with a direct feedback that would make anyone happy enough that they were able to make use of its consistency in the grip department.
So you have a faster sedan or hatch over 150 hp looks like UC6 is a good tyre. For comfort and practical everyday driving the CC6 is the one to get.

Last edited by Red Liner : 8th January 2021 at 16:12.
Red Liner is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 09:29   #433
rbp
BHPian

I changed to UC6 from C drives, the first thing I noticed is these are silent on cement roads, the c drives were terrible on cement roads. They are smooth as of now, the ride definitely feels more supple.

The dealer had attended a training on CC6 a few days back, sharing a couple of pics he shared with me, hope this helps.

Continental tyres-img20210109wa0021.jpg

Continental tyres-img20210109wa0030.jpg
rbp is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 23:17   #434
BHPian

I have 2 new UC6 on the front and old MC5s on the back of my city. The ride quality improved but the hum at high speeds 100kmph +) was significantly more and noticable.

everyone here is saying UC6 are super quite so not sure if what the issue must be.
AkshatR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 07:58   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkshatR View Post
I have 2 new UC6 on the front and old MC5s on the back of my city. The ride quality improved but the hum at high speeds 100kmph +) was significantly more and noticable.

everyone here is saying UC6 are super quite so not sure if what the issue must be.
Please read the previous post - CC6 is quiet, UC6 is a performance tyre.

Last edited by GTO : 28th January 2021 at 07:27. Reason: Toning it down, bud

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks