Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 11:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

I've had a decent experience with Universal, although yes, they are too quick in taking the tyres off.

We'd have taken some 3 sets of tyres from them by now over the years (m800/indica) and they give decent rates/super fast service. What they do cheat in, sometimes, is that they'll take your car tyres off, despite NOT having the particular replacement tyre is stock. Last time in 2008 Jan, bro's indica stood there for 2+ hours on jack while they brought the acceleres we wanted. Though the previous time, the m800 got its shoes changed in about 10 minutes (I bet them and I lost) - wheels had been aligned 1 mth previously only.

Though they are run of the mill in that they just want to sell their particular product even though you just don't want it (silverstone?) and cook up stories about other brands (bridgestone). And they treat you like crap when you ask them why the hurry is dismounting old tyres.

Overall worth a go only for the price/superfast service, and if your particular tyre is in stock.
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Though they are run of the mill in that they just want to sell their particular product even though you just don't want it (silverstone?) and cook up stories about other brands (bridgestone). And they treat you like crap when you ask them why the hurry is dismounting old tyres.
That's because he imports Silverstone himself, so the margins on that are much much more than what any other brand can give him. He's known to give customers the story that Silverstone is a sister concern of Bridgestone!

And, I don't let the dealers touch my car before I make up my mind so that has never been a problem. But his attitude of not showing you the alloys until he sees that you're here with a car to fit them in is what pissed me off.
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:39   #18
BHPian

Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Was going to recommend the same guy.
Very nice guy, much more decent that some of the other people I've come across - collection seemed ok, but I was looking for 16 inchers which apparently are very difficult to come across with the SX4 Pcd value.
But Jitesh is very nice to deal with. Would definitely recommend him.
Talkative too, spent a long time explaining to me how the Indian alloy wheel market works and stuff like that.

Yes Jitesh is definitely talkative. I got a download on uneven tyre wear and who does the best balancing and allignment in Delhi.

Fun stuff
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:32   #19
BHPian

I recommended diiesoline to BK Tyres and I was recommended by iraghava . Jitesh is quite pleasant to deal with, I went into the shop and checked the alloy brochures, told him I wanted this alloy design and tyre, even though it was not available, he said he would get it in a week's time. So after a week I went in and got everything done.
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
But his attitude of not showing you the alloys until he sees that you're here with a car to fit them in is what pissed me off.
I Agree to this, Even i was pissed off when he refused me to show any design before getting the car. His pet reply

"i have 1000 designs, Jis din lagane honge alloys us din dikha doonga saare designs"
Old 3rd October 2008, 21:13   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's because he imports Silverstone himself, so the margins on that are much much more than what any other brand can give him. He's known to give customers the story that Silverstone is a sister concern of Bridgestone!
Thats how he (universal) sold these crap tyres to my cousin.
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

yeah, but the moment I told him I'm calling friends from teambhp for help - he backpedaled on silverstone, stopped whining on bridgestone, and quietly recommended XM1s/Accelerez tbhp - the name is enough.
Old 4th October 2008, 00:30   #23
BHPian

My experience :

B.K. Tyres: Good , infact very good over the past 7 years, I've been going to them. Yes, Jitesh & Atul are quiet helpful.

Universal tyre house: Crappy , Too authoritative , the owner thinks himself to be the know it all of the tyre world.
Couple of friends got ripped by him & I had to go to personally ask him to replace those Silverstones. (I used to have an office above his shop in Ajit Arcade) .

Used to get great service from the erstwhile Kabir Shoppee (No spelling mistake), on both car audio, accessories & tires, was next to home, could haggle with Sikh uncle / Tinku to get the prices down, He is still there in C.R.Park now, but service standards have gone down.
Old 4th October 2008, 03:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
yeah, but the moment I told him I'm calling friends from teambhp for help - he backpedaled on silverstone, stopped whining on bridgestone, and quietly recommended XM1s/Accelerez tbhp - the name is enough.
Hitanshu, what do you think the forum is, Nirma Super??

Old 4th October 2008, 16:38   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I hate to admit it, but a friend of mine who was a regular there made me get my tires for the SX4 from him. He gave me the same story, and I fell for it.
But you know, surprisingly, the tires arent that bad - I mean, havent really done too many aftermarket tyre replacements but Im quite happy with them.
Expensive yes, but havent used too many other tires so cant say.
Anyone who got the silverstones after/before other "performance" tires? In his words.
Old 9th April 2009, 20:22   #26
BHPian

Bumping up a old thread so please don't shoot me :P

I have bought tyres for my palio earlier from Jitesh and he came across as a really wonderful person at that time. Now as i am picking up a Swift and also needed tyres for my santro i was looking for some good dealers and got Jitesh's number from here. To my surprise he remembered me and even remembered what tyres he had putin in my plaio. I'll surely be going back to him.

Planning to put Yoko A Drive on my Swift 195/60/R 15 and Pereilli 155/70 /R 13 on my santro. Yoko for 3800 and Pereilli for 1850 each.
Old 10th April 2009, 02:41   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

What the hell is Pereilli? Dont tell me it's Pirelli!
Old 10th April 2009, 03:15   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Bumping up a old thread so please don't shoot me :P

I have bought tyres for my palio earlier from Jitesh and he came across as a really wonderful person at that time. Now as i am picking up a Swift and also needed tyres for my santro i was looking for some good dealers and got Jitesh's number from here. To my surprise he remembered me and even remembered what tyres he had putin in my plaio. I'll surely be going back to him.

Planning to put Yoko A Drive on my Swift 195/60/R 15 and Pereilli 155/70 /R 13 on my santro. Yoko for 3800 and Pereilli for 1850 each.
Yup, he does remember quite a bit. His James Bond caller tune is quite funny though. Will be paying a visit to him soon, thinking of changing my tyres to either Yokos or Goodyear F1s OR Hankooks. Still trying to figure out which one.
Old 10th April 2009, 09:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

if you have Yoko in mind then don't even think off buying pirelli,Goodyear,hankook.
simple go for Yoko or Michelin.
Old 12th April 2009, 22:49   #30
Senior - BHPian

A word from the neighbour of BK Tyres and Universal

Fortunately my dwelling is in Lajpat Nagar in the same line as BK Tyres. Eventhough I never had ample opportunities to interact with them but even in the limited meetings, they have been very helpful. I can't say whether it was because we're in the neighbourhood or whatever.

BK Tyres has now revamped his existing premises and has developed it as Michelin store and opened another shop just across the road for all other tyre brands.

I got my car's tyres rotated from Universal today near my home and I chose them because of the quick job. The service was good but the workers over there were too much. Everyone was like, get the balancing done, alignment done etc. Before I he asked me my tyre was on the balancing machine and I asked him to remove it. Even after this, other workers were like shall we do the balancing and alignment, if you don't get it done your car's tyre will bubble.

Well, when I'll be getting alloys on my cars, I'll go to Universal for the ample number of designs they have.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks