Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2009, 09:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadVagabond View Post
I can get Steel Rims (5 spoke or with circular cuts/Rally rims) in Delhi? I've inquired with BK tyres and he flatly refused me saying there are no such dealers in Delhi as of now.
never heard anything like steel rims that to with 5 spokes.can you post any pic for the same what you have in mind
Old 16th April 2009, 19:34   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
never heard anything like steel rims that to with 5 spokes.can you post any pic for the same what you have in mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
What kind of rim is this? Who's making 5 spoke steel rim?
Well this is the kind of rim I'm looking for. I've seen very similar rims and in "steel" this year in the D.S. Many gypsy's were having similar rims. Alloys Shop Delhi-dsc02985.jpg

I might be using a wrong term when I said "spokes" but well that's the kind of rims I was referring to. Please let me know what these are actually known as if not spoked rims. Also if anyone knows where I can get these from. I saw a set of 4 second hand ones in Mayapuri in Delhi sometime back. But, the condition of 2 of them were pretty bad and almost all of them were repaired ones. Kindly help me out.

Regards,

Anirban.
Old 16th April 2009, 22:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

i don't what it is called but its more look like a alloy wheel to me,what size rims do you want
Old 16th April 2009, 22:59   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
i don't what it is called but its more look like a alloy wheel to me,what size rims do you want
Well Karan I also think it's an alloy wheel. But, what I want is similar shaped steel rims which I've spotted quite many times on Rally Gypsies. I want 15" rims. They are same as the standard steel rims which comes as the OEM. If you do happen to know anyone who sells such rims kindly let me know about them.

Regards,

Anirban.
Old 10th May 2009, 01:10   #50
Senior - BHPian

Guys, where else can I get League in Delhi as BK was not having it. I just want to have a look at their designs for Xing.

And Direk Impex sells which brand(s)?
Old 26th January 2010, 12:50   #51
BHPian

Hi Everyone,
I'm planning to upgrade the existing 155/70R14 tires on my Chevy Beat and want to go for 15 inch alloys and better tires. Can anyone here suggest some good tire and alloy wheel combo for my Beat and few shops where I can go and get them in Gurgaon.

I'm planning for 185/60R15 else if i can get them for 15 inchers then 185/50R15.
Old 26th January 2010, 18:40   #52
Senior - BHPian

No idea about Gurgaon, but you can check with BK Tyres, Lajpat Nagar Delhi for a variety of brands and designs and with Sai Mag Wheels, Rama Road Industrial Area, Delhi for HR Alloys (they're the importers). You also have the option of Prestige Alloy Wheels at Universal Tyre House, East of Kailash and Lajpat Nagar.
Old 19th February 2010, 11:27   #53
BHPian

About the Alloy delaers in Delhi

Hi Guys,

New here, a small note on the list of dealers mentioned:

Prestige Design - Universal Tyre House

Called these guys up and they gave me their website address, but when I went to the website, my macafee blocked it with a RED rating!

Since I did not have their website I was looking for it on google and found the followinh complaints: Universal Tyre House Complaints - New Tyre Burst

Just thought I'll warn you.

BK Tyres:

Called this guy up and asked him whether he keeps alloys, he immediately told me in a not so nice way: that he does keep alloys but, why are you talking to me on the phone for please come to the shop! Needless to say, I lost interest in him very soon.

Just my two bits, hope it is helpfull.

By the way the Lenso alloys are available with carboutique in karol bagh, this guy is the same one who also has a shop in mumbai. seemed authentic, but they didnt have R14 in stock and were pushing me to go for R15 (For my new swift ) . I was told by another dealer that R15 would create problems with suspension warranty.

Cheers
Old 19th February 2010, 20:59   #54
Senior - BHPian

Pro-Idiot, whom did you talk to at BK Tyres? If you want I can PM you Jitesh's number whose most of the times deals with BHPians. Our experience has always been good with him.

Regarding Prestige, the complaint is a lot old and it's regarding Yokohama Grey Market Tyres. For alloys, just check them out but if you want to change tyres to some Yoko/ Michelin stay away from them.
Old 20th February 2010, 16:43   #55
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Pro-Idiot, whom did you talk to at BK Tyres? If you want I can PM you Jitesh's number whose most of the times deals with BHPians. Our experience has always been good with him.
If its a good dealer, why not share his number here on the forum? That way, other members (as well as our guests) will benefit too. Thanks

Remember, information archived on the public forum will do service for a long time to come.
Old 20th February 2010, 16:54   #56
Senior - BHPian

Jeetu : BK Tyre : 9811445532
Old 20th February 2010, 23:18   #57
Senior - BHPian

GTO, till date I've seen most of the members only PMing numbers that's why offered the same. No commercial benefit for me but yes, Jitesh's Showroom and home is in my neighbourhood and my experience with him till date has been good. The way I refer BK to my personal friends, the same way I do to my BHPian friends. Hope it doesn't call for Violation of rules, I'm a law abiding BHPian . Also I think I can be of help to BHPians who've been unsatisfied with BK Tyres, provided the reason is genuine.

Thanks Abhinav, you did the needful.

Last edited by tsk13 : 20th February 2010 at 23:20.
Old 21st February 2010, 00:51   #58
BHPian

I've been buying all my tires except for one set, from BK itself since the past 5-6 years.

Have purchased more than 12 or 13 sets of tires till now. I've never had a single reason to complain.

P.S.: These tires were bought for cars in the family & extended family only.
Old 21st February 2010, 01:00   #59
Senior - BHPian

12-13, Maglev you seem to be Senior-Tyre buyer here on TBHP.

By the way, when is the next set due?
Old 21st February 2010, 01:23   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
12-13, Maglev you seem to be Senior-Tyre buyer here on TBHP.

By the way, when is the next set due?

The last set purchased was 5 days ago, on my Maasi's (My mom's sister) Hyundai Accent.

The next one most probably would be within a months time as we are planning to buy a Ritz or I10 for my grand parents. So whichever of them comes in, it will be going in for a tire upgrade within 24 hours of delivery.

Last edited by maglev : 21st February 2010 at 01:25.

Most Viewed